Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What kinds of music does this work with?

Been thinking about this lately. I'm sure AB and all related apps lend themselves pretty well to a lot of modern music genres, but I'm more interested in prog rock, fusion jazz, some bluegrass and classical. Just wondering what the rest of you think about how all this fits.

Comments

• Works for me...

• My first love is Prog Rock, but I am also interested in some classical, jazz, film music and straight forward rock and pop. AB fits well with any of this. Indeed it opens up a whole range of instruments to integrate into your projects.

• That's what I'm thinking as well, but lacking some skills in composition, I wanted to see if others felt the same. In other words, if I wasn't tone deaf and devoid of any sense of rhythm, I probably wouldn't be posting this!

• You guys been in any prog rock bands?

• I wish...but no. I don't have enough self confidence...yet, but want to work towards it eventually. How about you? And for @PaulB and @PhilW, what sort of prog interests you. My fave has bee the older Genesis for years, but lately I've been loving Marillion.

• I had a Marillion cover band in the late nineties :)

• I was in a startup prog band in the late 90s, but I left due to family committments after the 1st CD. They've had a few lineup changes since then, but they're still going and have recently released their 5th CD. My prog tastes run from Gabriel era Genesis through to Canterbury, RIO and avant guarde, but my all time favourite band is probably Gentle Giant. I also like a lot of early and late classical music, but prefer to avoid the period from Mozart to Mahler.

• I was in UK prog band Manning for a couple of years. My prog favs are the usual suspects such as Yes, Genesis, ELP, Pink Floyd, etc, and more recently Spocks Beard, Magenta, Transatlantic, Mostly Autumn, to name just a few.

• @PhilW That's cool, I know who you are now. :)

I was the original bass player in Thieves' Kitchen, but it was taking up too much time and energy to stay on top of the tricky material and raise a family. I've guested on woodwind on a couple of their CDs since and generally interfered in their destiny, but since I've been stuck in Kent, I've done very little music at all.

• Mr Beecham I presume! TK are a cool band to be associated with, some complex music there to be sure.

• Lovely people too. :)

• Another one to throw out, if you aren't familiar with them, is Izz. I can hear Gentle Giant, Genesis, and ELP influences.

• Yep, know of IZZ, what I've heard was good.