Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ABC Collective Soundtrack the Sequel. <<<METROPOLIS>>> Names drawn time to play!

Comments

• I admit I was in a creative slump, and the original version of what I had sucked due to it being forced. I overcame my slump when I produced that beat yesterday, and now I have a new version I'm building that just gels.

• @cyberheater , This is the Dropbox link to use. Each contributor has a folder into which the audio and a txt file should be placed…

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/td1ttbxbkn7ohbvxiei9a/h?dl=0&rlkey=pxu6v6fw774scidsm05ms3ue5

These is a link to the previous project where it explains what format etc to use…

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/51388/the-audiobus-horrowshow-final-submission-details/p1

• @GeoTony said:
    @cyberheater , This is the Dropbox link to use. Each contributor has a folder into which the audio and a txt file should be placed…

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/td1ttbxbkn7ohbvxiei9a/h?dl=0&rlkey=pxu6v6fw774scidsm05ms3ue5

These is a link to the previous project where it explains what format etc to use…

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/51388/the-audiobus-horrowshow-final-submission-details/p1

Question - can I upload my finished piece to SoundCloud with a "free to use" license? :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@GeoTony said:
    @cyberheater , This is the Dropbox link to use. Each contributor has a folder into which the audio and a txt file should be placed…

Question - can I upload my finished piece to SoundCloud with a "free to use" license? :)

Of course!

• @Synthi said:

@cabo said:
    I don't know what this means (same tech specs?).

Archive at 48khz, 24 bit preferred, uncompressed format (.wav, .aiff). mix for master level peaking at about -12 dB. Don’t do any master limiting or compressing unless is a creative part of the composition. All that will make my job doing the final mixing and mastering easier! 🙏🏻🤩

I’m just re quoting this for people starting to submit, let’s make the mastering master’s life easy if we can!

• I've uploaded my piece to the drop box.

First time I've ever done something like this and to be honest I quite enjoyed it. I hope it's okay. LOL.

• edited March 2023

I've uploaded my piece, as well.

I also went ahead and scored the same section within a longer cut of Metropolis.

Here's what that film clip might look like.

• @DavidEnglish said:

I also went ahead and scored the same section within a longer cut of Metropolis.

Excellent, love this.

• Seems to me this is good training for scoring an actual movie. Good luck, everyone.

• edited March 2023

Ahem…what is the procedure to upload my track in the shared dropbox ? Do I have to send the link to someone?

• @cuscolima said:
    Ahem…what is the procedure to upload my track in the shared dropbox ? Do I have to send the link to someone?

Go to the drop box and upload directly.

• @cyberheater said:

@cuscolima said:

This is of course the first thing I have tried to do but there is no option to do that. Did I miss something?

• @DavidEnglish said:

Here's what that film clip might look like.

Good work. I’m really looking forward to seeing the finished film.

• @cuscolima said:

@cyberheater said:

@cuscolima said:

This is of course the first thing I have tried to do but there is no option to do that. Did I miss something?

Try this link

• @cyberheater said:

@cuscolima said:

@cyberheater said:

@cuscolima said:

Try this link

Not better unfortunately... I don't see any way to upload.

• Are you logged into Dropbox?

• Are there any messages in your DB notifications? Mine is out of space and I don’t have the option to add files either.

• Sorry to bother you with this (I really feel stupid). I had to send a "request for invitation", that I did. But then, who has received this request ? Is there an administrator of the shared Dropbox that has to "grant me access"?

• @cuscolima said:
    Sorry to bother you with this (I really feel stupid). I had to send a "request for invitation", that I did. But then, who has received this request ? Is there an administrator of the shared Dropbox that has to "grant me access"?

It’s confusing as several people have managed to upload with the link provided, while others seem not to be able to. If anyone can illuminate this issue for us it’d be great as I’m not a particularly adept system administrator 😅

• Ok I finally made it. I had to recreate a dropbox account and at one moment I had to “join” the group…and everything was simpler after that !

My track is uploaded

• @cuscolima said:
    Ok I finally made it. I had to recreate a dropbox account and at one moment I had to “join” the group…and everything was simpler after that !

My track is uploaded

Brilliant, thanks for letting us know and figuring it out!

• @Krupa said:

@cuscolima said:
    Ok I finally made it. I had to recreate a dropbox account and at one moment I had to “join” the group…and everything was simpler after that !

My track is uploaded

What exactly d’you mean, you had to ‘recreate account’? Don’t quite understand 🤔

• @Kewe_Esse said:

@Krupa said:

@cuscolima said:

My track is uploaded

What exactly d’you mean, you had to ‘recreate account’? Don’t quite understand 🤔

Well, to be honest I didn’t know what to do. I decided to create a new dropbox account using a second email account I have. After this, I clicked on the link above and I saw the link to join the group. I’m quite sure it wasn’t there with my older account…

• I had to click the Join Folder button to allow me to upload my track too - before I did that, although I could see the folders, it wouldn't let me upload to it. Safari said unable to open page). Didn't need to recreate an account though. All good now.

• @cuscolima said:

@Kewe_Esse said:

@Krupa said:

@cuscolima said:

My track is uploaded

Well, to be honest I didn’t know what to do. I decided to create a new dropbox account using a second email account I have. After this, I clicked on the link above and I saw the link to join the group. I’m quite sure it wasn’t there with my older account…

New account on a new free trial scheme?

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    I had to click the Join Folder button to allow me to upload my track too - before I did that, although I could see the folders, it wouldn't let me upload to it. Safari said unable to open page). Didn't need to recreate an account though. All good now.

I can’t find the Join Folder button! Ffs the mysteries of dropbox

• edited March 2023

@Kewe_Esse said:

@cuscolima said:

@Kewe_Esse said:

@Krupa said:

@cuscolima said:

My track is uploaded

Yes, free. The join button is here : “Rejoindre ce dossier” = join this folder

• @cuscolima said:

@Kewe_Esse said:

@cuscolima said:

@Kewe_Esse said:

@Krupa said:

@cuscolima said:

My track is uploaded

Yes, free. The join button is here :

Is the filesharing only working with either a paid subscription or within the free trial period…?

• @Kewe_Esse said:

Is the filesharing only working with either a paid subscription or within the free trial period…?

I don't have a paid Dropbox account. I just clicked the Join Folder button and I could upload to my folder OK. There was no mention of any free trial period.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:

@Kewe_Esse said:

I don't have a paid Dropbox account. I just clicked the Join Folder button and I could upload to my folder OK. There was no mention of any free trial period.

Huh. I dunno. Wonder what the deal is then. Oh well, thanks for humouring me.