Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

String Theory

All the sounds here (other than a bit of Roli Drums) are from the 4 SWAM String instruments I.e. Double Bass, Cello, Viola and Violin. All have the Harmonics setting at ‘4 Control’.
Played by one instance of 4Pockets Euclidean Sequencer and one instance of me 😊

Art by AI…

Comments

• @GeoTony said:
    All the sounds here (other than a bit of Roli Drums) are from the 4 SWAM String instruments I.e. Double Bass, Cello, Viola and Violin. All have the Harmonics setting at ‘4 Control’.

Art by AI…

Intriguing rhythm and melody. Very nice!

• I'm not super fan of the way SWAM sounds (euphemism), but I like this piece of music. IMHO it would sound so much better using "notSWAM".

• Many thanks @azul3D_Apps and @jo92346 . Out of interest , what is it about the SWAM sounds that you don’t like? I’m pushing them outside of their normal sound envelope here so surprised that they still bother you. Having said that in the purely IOS world I still sometimes prefer strings from ThumbJam and BeatHawk 😊

• I just don’t like how their strings sound. Matter of taste.

• I think the pizz patches have to played by a sequencer. It's almost impossible to play into the pocket on the glass screen in my experience.

• The harmonics on the pizzicato parts make a satisfying plink and plunk and the lead voice sounds eerily more like a flute at times. I like it.

• I didn’t get it until 2:25. Then it all came together. Maybe some spoken word poetry, or ambient crowd noise over the top. I’ve had a few tonight. Nice track. Have a great weekend!

• Cheers all 😊
    Agreed @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr , especially as my ability to play rhythms is almost non existent anyway.
    Very flute like @MadeofWax , it’s just the harmonics on the Viola with a tiny bit of reverb.
    Just at the end of a bottle of best English bitter @Paulieworld , just before a nice bottle of Muscadet… not sure the music will benefit tonight 🍺

• @GeoTony said:

+++++++++++++++++
    Lovely music scape.
    Very cinematic, and quite relaxing as well.
    The cadence, and the smooth sound of the viola together with the drums is crating an ethereal vibe and I am simply captured by the combination.
    Simply beautiful and captivating!!!
    Rene

• Spare and good.