Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Imaginando LK sync recording?

Apologies if this is something everyone’s already hashed out and talked about, but it’s new to me, as I’m trying to learn to incorporate LK into my AUM setup, hopefully as an alternative to the pattern launching method of Atom 2.

I’m having trouble figuring out how to get LK to simply sync its recording. For example, consider the simplest possible setup, an instance of Mididreams feeding the first track of LK. I set LK to listen to midi start/stop, arm the track and the main transport, and then apparently have to touch the first blank slot at the top of track 1 to get things going. But it starts instantly, without waiting for me to start the transport in AUM. I think that I see it jump to the start of its pattern when I actually do start AUM, so it should be syncing the recording. But when I stop, and examine the piano roll, only the first note is actually on the beat. All the rest of them appear offset.

Am I missing something really basic here, or is LK just really naff?

Comments

• For a moment there it looked like I could enter the piano roll view of the slot, hit go, and it would record in sync right there, but that seems to be a really inconsistent behavior.

• @garden said:
    Apologies if this is something everyone’s already hashed out and talked about, but it’s new to me, as I’m trying to learn to incorporate LK into my AUM setup, hopefully as an alternative to the pattern launching method of Atom 2.

I’m having trouble figuring out how to get LK to simply sync its recording. For example, consider the simplest possible setup, an instance of Mididreams feeding the first track of LK. I set LK to listen to midi start/stop, arm the track and the main transport, and then apparently have to touch the first blank slot at the top of track 1 to get things going. But it starts instantly, without waiting for me to start the transport in AUM. I think that I see it jump to the start of its pattern when I actually do start AUM, so it should be syncing the recording. But when I stop, and examine the piano roll, only the first note is actually on the beat. All the rest of them appear offset.

Am I missing something really basic here, or is LK just really naff?

Turn on sync with the chain link icon that appears next to the word host.

• And voila. Many thanks!