Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App to Provide Four Channels of Output?

I’m looking for an app I can put in the Audiobus output slot that will allow me to output to channels 3 and 4 (not just 1 and 2, as most seem to do by default). I usually use Auria for that purpose, but if I’m not using it to mix, record or insert effects, it uses up more RAM than necessary.

Can anyone suggest a smaller-footprint alternative?

• K

Comments

• Can't believe I've never checked this before, but can Audiobus do this itself? Like if you were to choose the system output, does it give you a filter to choose which output? That would be a great update if it can't do that already!

• edited August 2014

No, Audiobus cannot do this. Yet. We've asked for it, and Seb has acknowledged its utility, but there is no schedule. My thought is to extend the default system output with that little blue i icon.

Meanwhile Cubasis and Auria can give you access to the extra outputs. Use Auria if your preferred workflow is Audiobus, use Cubasis if you prefer IAA.

(why? Auria IAA implementation only works for inserts, is after the rest of the flow, so is useless for synths, whereas Cubasis for some unknown reason mis-read the Audiobus spec and decided it ade monitor mode for Audiobus inputs obsolete and so rendered itself useless for that. Both however are good for external inputs. They differ in how the external outs are accessed: Cubasis shows them in the mixer panel, Auria shows them in the Output matrix; Cubasis has send switches for both per channel, Auria needs you to send to a bus for externals, means you need to dupicate and gang channels with one sending to Main and one to the Sub.)