Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fabfilter Twin 3

1235789

Comments

  • edited February 2023

    Yes it works… hundreds of preset more

  • Anyone worked out how to use the side chain feature in AUM yet? 🤔

  • edited February 2023

    I don't think external sidechain works yet.

    I can enable it in the envelope generators, but there is no Multi-In (yet) to feed it audio AFAICT.

  • @Gavinski said:

    @Neo8 said:
    Yup. It just released on the App Store. It’s only €29.99. Can anybody tell me the price in the US App Store? As far as I know, the US App Store has lower prices compared to where I’m from (EU). A while ago, the prices for all apps increased heavily (20 to 33%) in my country, due to the strong dollar and increasing inflation over here. But hey, I don’t bother or complain, I can still buy my apps. It is possible that FabFilter Twin 3 will be bundled. More info about this coming soon. Oh, off topic (again, I know): DAW LP by Klevgrand is getting new functions and a complete overhaul. The update is free for DAW LP iOS owners and is coming soon. And last of all: we could possibly see PianoTEQ 8 available for iPad as early as next month, March 2023. Can’t wait for this release. Twin 3 is an instant buy for me. Got all FabFilter plug-ins as AUv3 and a couple inside Auria Pro. Simply love the sound quality.

    Is $24.99 - really quite a bargain.

    You have some good Intel there! Pianoteq coming will be HUGE and I hope it means I can ditch my sampled pianos. Didn't know about the daw lp overhaul, that would be cool. Really loving the new version of Grand Finale.

    Thank you. $24.99 is definitely a bargain (so is €29.99). Just like you, I have also many sampled pianos for my iPad Pro, so with the forthcoming PianoTEQ 8 I hope I can also ditch some huge installations. Don’t pin me down on the exact release, but it was said that the iPad version will be released in Spring 2023, so maybe this month. The developer, Modartt, told that the iOS version is near its completion. I’m curious about the price tag.

    I’m subscribed to Klevgrand’s desktop and iOS mailing list, and in the recent mail for desktop they’ve talked about DAW LP 2. The new interface looks cool, and there are some new features added. It’s already out for Mac/pc and they said the overhaul comes to iOS soon (free update for existing users, just like Grand Finale). I also love Grand Finale 2. They’ve definitely made some sound quality improvements on the DSP compared to the previous version.

  • @cuscolima said:
    Can I import my Twin2 preset (Auria) into Twint 3 ?

    No. It’s not even necessary because Twin 3 comes with all presets from Twin 2 (and all new Twin 3 presets of course)

  • @Neo8 said:

    @cuscolima said:
    Can I import my Twin2 preset (Auria) into Twint 3 ?

    No. It’s not even necessary because Twin 3 comes with all presets from Twin 2 (and all new Twin 3 presets of course)

    ummm - sure you can! And Twin3 comes with a Best of Twin2 preset folder - but it's only got a small selection of them. I've downloaded the original 1600 I think presets for Twin2 from the fabfilter site and installed no problem - as well as a couple other free packs I found online.

  • Any signs of a bundle for iPadOS?

  • No hint of a bundled discount, AFAIK

  • @Halftone said:

    @Neo8 said:

    @cuscolima said:
    Can I import my Twin2 preset (Auria) into Twint 3 ?

    No. It’s not even necessary because Twin 3 comes with all presets from Twin 2 (and all new Twin 3 presets of course)

    ummm - sure you can! And Twin3 comes with a Best of Twin2 preset folder - but it's only got a small selection of them. I've downloaded the original 1600 I think presets for Twin2 from the fabfilter site and installed no problem - as well as a couple other free packs I found online.

    How did you install them?
    I tried to import the presets, but it didn’t respond.

  • In the preset browser on left to the right side of Save As... is a little arrow. Hit the arrow & select import preset folder and navigate to where you saved the presets.

  • @Halftone said:
    In the preset browser on left to the right side of Save As... is a little arrow. Hit the arrow & select import preset folder and navigate to where you saved the presets.

    I did it, but it seemed to do nothing.
    Does the imported folder show up in the preset menu after import?

  • @Stuntman_mike said:

    @Halftone said:
    In the preset browser on left to the right side of Save As... is a little arrow. Hit the arrow & select import preset folder and navigate to where you saved the presets.

    I did it, but it seemed to do nothing.
    Does the imported folder show up in the preset menu after import?

    Yes. Did you try in stand-alone mode?

  • @Halftone said:

    @Stuntman_mike said:

    @Halftone said:
    In the preset browser on left to the right side of Save As... is a little arrow. Hit the arrow & select import preset folder and navigate to where you saved the presets.

    I did it, but it seemed to do nothing.
    Does the imported folder show up in the preset menu after import?

    Yes. Did you try in stand-alone mode?

    I got it to work after a few tries!

  • qqqqqq
    edited March 2023

    For the Drambo Twin 3 Users: I've created a mapping of Twin 3 in Drambo https://patchstorage.com/twin-3-classic/

    The goal was to create a standard-but-fully-featured analog poly style patch and map all the parameters. It includes 3 Oscs, an HPF/LPF, 3 envelopes, 3 lfos, all fx engines.

    Its over 190 parameters, definitely the most I've ever mapped on an AUv3 😅 . I hope folks find this useful! I love the Twin 3 sound but found the interface to be unusable for full patch creation on the iPad.

  • Bundle update. TLDR Not yet

    From Ralph on the FabFilter forum

    Currently the creative bundle does not include Twin 3. The creative bundle on Mac/PC has always included Twin, whether it's 1, 2 or 3. However, the iOS version never included Twin, because Twin 3 is the first version offered on iOS. When we would include it in the Creative bundle this would mean a price change, which would be complicated for people who purchased the bundle earlier. We're still considering adding it to the bundle or not.

  • I didn't bother to wait for the bundle to drop so I got Twin 3 as an early birthday gift for myself...

    Remains to be seen what I'll get on March 8th on my actual birthday as I've still got a few ($20) store-credits left...
    ...won't say no to promo-codes but I won't be begging for them :sunglasses:

  • Glad that I didn´t (couldn´t 😆) wait for that bundle

  • @qqq said:
    For the Drambo Twin 3 Users: I've created a mapping of Twin 3 in Drambo https://patchstorage.com/twin-3-classic/

    The goal was to create a standard-but-fully-featured analog poly style patch and map all the parameters. It includes 3 Oscs, an HPF/LPF, 3 envelopes, 3 lfos, all fx engines.

    Its over 190 parameters, definitely the most I've ever mapped on an AUv3 😅 . I hope folks find this useful! I love the Twin 3 sound but found the interface to be unusable for full patch creation on the iPad.

    Thanks for your post, I’m considering if I need this synth, I don’t know yet, but your Drambo mappings and words say a lot (worth to buy, but more useful is to have create patch with yours mappings). Maybe you could advertise me it in compare to osc and modulations in Drambo? I know 4 filters allow for dirty sound, and this is awesome, something to add more?

  • @szczyp said:

    @qqq said:
    For the Drambo Twin 3 Users: I've created a mapping of Twin 3 in Drambo https://patchstorage.com/twin-3-classic/

    The goal was to create a standard-but-fully-featured analog poly style patch and map all the parameters. It includes 3 Oscs, an HPF/LPF, 3 envelopes, 3 lfos, all fx engines.

    Its over 190 parameters, definitely the most I've ever mapped on an AUv3 😅 . I hope folks find this useful! I love the Twin 3 sound but found the interface to be unusable for full patch creation on the iPad.

    Thanks for your post, I’m considering if I need this synth, I don’t know yet, but your Drambo mappings and words say a lot (worth to buy, but more useful is to have create patch with yours mappings). Maybe you could advertise me it in compare to osc and modulations in Drambo? I know 4 filters allow for dirty sound, and this is awesome, something to add more?

    It’s worth the GAS 🙌🏽

  • @szczyp said:
    Thanks for your post, I’m considering if I need this synth, I don’t know yet, but your Drambo mappings and words say a lot (worth to buy, but more useful is to have create patch with yours mappings). Maybe you could advertise me it in compare to osc and modulations in Drambo? I know 4 filters allow for dirty sound, and this is awesome, something to add more?

    Almost everything in Twin 3 does exist in Drambo. The only thing missing technically is some of the filter modes (shelf filters etc).

    That being said, I find the fidelity of Twin 3 to be better than anything I've tried on iOS (I haven't tried Trooper or Tera Pro fwiw). I think the most stand-out thing is the filter models, Fabfilter has been tweaking those for 20 years and it shows. The OSCs and FX also sound great. I am a simp for Drambo, but that doesn't mean I won't cheat on it for a great sounding synth engine ;).

    I didn't add all 4 Filters or the 4th OSCs for a few reason.
    1. Screen space. I wanted the mapping to not require scrolling and not be broken up too much.
    2. Ease-of-use. Having all 4 filters would get pretty confusing to work with, because then you'd probably want all the filter modes and then you are pretty much required to look at the AUv3 UI. Right now the AUv3 UI is helpful but you can definitely build patches without it open.
    3. Performance. I noticed a large portion of the patches only used 2 or 3 OSCs, and a lot of the patches using more than 2 filters used the additional filters for more of EQing reasons. You can save some processing and do that outside Twin 3. Its not the same for sure but you still have a lot of power.

    You can definitely build a Twin 3 patch with my Drambo mapping, save it in Twin 3 and then open it directly and add the additional pieces if you need them :) I may add more pieces later, but I think this "confined" toolset allows you to do so much already.

  • @szczyp said:

    @qqq said:
    For the Drambo Twin 3 Users: I've created a mapping of Twin 3 in Drambo https://patchstorage.com/twin-3-classic/

    The goal was to create a standard-but-fully-featured analog poly style patch and map all the parameters. It includes 3 Oscs, an HPF/LPF, 3 envelopes, 3 lfos, all fx engines.

    Its over 190 parameters, definitely the most I've ever mapped on an AUv3 😅 . I hope folks find this useful! I love the Twin 3 sound but found the interface to be unusable for full patch creation on the iPad.

    Thanks for your post, I’m considering if I need this synth, I don’t know yet, but your Drambo mappings and words say a lot (worth to buy, but more useful is to have create patch with yours mappings). Maybe you could advertise me it in compare to osc and modulations in Drambo? I know 4 filters allow for dirty sound, and this is awesome, something to add more?

    I bought it last week. Like some of the YouTube reviews - felt a bit underwhelmed at first, but it’s growing on me more & more. And like @qqq mentioned - the filters are superb & there is a fidelity to it that I don’t get from other iOS synths I have.

  • @Halftone said:
    I bought it last week. Like some of the YouTube reviews - felt a bit underwhelmed at first, but it’s growing on me more & more. And like @qqq mentioned - the filters are superb & there is a fidelity to it that I don’t get from other iOS synths I have.

    I can see how for a desktop user who has Diva etc, Twin 3 seems pointless. But for us iOS users its great.

    One thing that made me like Twin 3 is the oscillator section. You don't get wavetables, but with the pulsewidth and hard sync and ring mod you can still make some pretty complex sounds. I need to explore keytracking an LFO and using that to modulate an oscillator (something I may add to my mapping if it works well).

  • edited March 2023

    The 4 osc with easy panning and individual per filter routings combined with the sound quality (I normally skip the presets but there are some wonderfully expressive ones)…I’ve gotten stuck on this and won’t be buying any more synths for a while. Same feeling from this as when I got my hardware Take 5… I just want to learn what I’ve got

    It has its barriers to entry, and some awful UI problems thanks to iOS, but man it’s great if you can forgive those.

  • Thanks 😊

  • @qqq said:

    @szczyp said:
    Thanks for your post, I’m considering if I need this synth, I don’t know yet, but your Drambo mappings and words say a lot (worth to buy, but more useful is to have create patch with yours mappings). Maybe you could advertise me it in compare to osc and modulations in Drambo? I know 4 filters allow for dirty sound, and this is awesome, something to add more?

    Almost everything in Twin 3 does exist in Drambo. The only thing missing technically is some of the filter modes (shelf filters etc).

    That being said, I find the fidelity of Twin 3 to be better than anything I've tried on iOS (I haven't tried Trooper or Tera Pro fwiw). I think the most stand-out thing is the filter models, Fabfilter has been tweaking those for 20 years and it shows. The OSCs and FX also sound great. I am a simp for Drambo, but that doesn't mean I won't cheat on it for a great sounding synth engine ;).

    Would you still recommend Twin 3 for someone who has Drambo and Volcano 3 for the missing filter models in Drambo?
    I try to be more picky these days with buying new apps since I am starting to get better at Drambo the more I use it. I waited for the creative bundle to appear but that seems to be not happening.
    No doubt Twin 3 is probably a great synth just thinking if I should spend 30€ on something I can already achieve with what I have.

    And wow those mappings must have taken a while to map together!

  • How is the CPU load generally? I'm guessing fairly efficient (without High Quality or other interpolated modes anyway) if other FF apps are anything to go by.

  • @craftycurate said:
    How is the CPU load generally? I'm guessing fairly efficient (without High Quality or other interpolated modes anyway) if other FF apps are anything to go by.

    Yes pretty good on cpu - the more modulations the more cpu. But a lot of the presets only take up 4-8% cpu on my 2020 10th gen ipad standard. Ive got a couple projects where I’ve loaded 5-6 Twin3s plus a few internal Obsidians with cpu around 40-50%

  • @Halftone said:

    @craftycurate said:
    How is the CPU load generally? I'm guessing fairly efficient (without High Quality or other interpolated modes anyway) if other FF apps are anything to go by.

    Yes pretty good on cpu - the more modulations the more cpu. But a lot of the presets only take up 4-8% cpu on my 2020 10th gen ipad standard. Ive got a couple projects where I’ve loaded 5-6 Twin3s plus a few internal Obsidians with cpu around 40-50%

    +1

  • qqqqqq
    edited March 2023

    @Nathi94 said:
    Would you still recommend Twin 3 for someone who has Drambo and Volcano 3 for the missing filter models in Drambo?
    I try to be more picky these days with buying new apps since I am starting to get better at Drambo the more I use it. I waited for the creative bundle to appear but that seems to be not happening.
    No doubt Twin 3 is probably a great synth just thinking if I should spend 30€ on something I can already achieve with what I have.

    If you see yourself using Twin 3 as a mono synth, I don't see much reason getting it over Drambo + Volcano (I even made an instrument rack for this). But Twin 3 gives you flexible polyphony (and unison) which is hard to pull off with Volcano.

    You could probably route multiple instances of Volcano to individual voices, I'd be curious to see how well it performs. That would open things up to a wide variety of oscillators.

    And wow those mappings must have taken a while to map together!

    They took a long while yea :D also there is a bug in Drambo right now so you can't expose over 70 AUv3 knobs without editing the raw XML file for the Instrument Rack. So it took extra long :p

  • Would any OdysseI users comment on whether Twin 3 is of a similar caliber as far as "character" is concerned?

Sign In or Register to comment.