Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fabfilter Twin 3

Comments

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@dendy said:
    this thing sounds absolutely amazing, jaws on floor.. can’t wait to have it on my iPad

This is what I feel too!
    I see a lot of naysayers and underwhelmed reviews, but I feel like this synth has got “special sauce”. I actually like the UI too ❤️

It'll be interesting to see how the reaction develops over time. A lot of things that people rave about immediately quickly get forgotten, some things that get dismissed quickly are slow builders that people come to appreciate over time

• edited February 2023

I expect this one to stay on the “underwhelming” sentiment side. Most folks already have a “bread & butter” synth, and those that don’t probably don’t want to have to learn a new way to do things for what’s ultimately an old-fashioned virtual analog. And though I still love Fabfilter, I think that’s very fair. They need to be spurred a little to keep up with their competition it seems…even just compared to 5 years ago, there’s a LOT more quality plug makers, many of them cheaper as well, and many of them also more unique. And that’s true even on iOS, where Toneboosters and UA (Silo, Tails, etc) and others have released rival or surpassing products.

The most damning thing of all: There’s not even a Dan Worrall vid for it yet!

• @oat_phipps said:
    I expect this one to stay on the “underwhelming” sentiment side. Most folks already have a “bread & butter” synth, and those that don’t probably don’t want to have to learn a new way to do things for what’s ultimately an old-fashioned virtual analog. And though I still love Fabfilter, I think that’s very fair. They need to be spurred a little to keep up with their competition it seems…even just compared to 5 years ago, there’s a LOT more quality plug makers, many of them cheaper as well, and many of them also more unique. And that’s true even on iOS, where Toneboosters and UA (Silo, Tails, etc) and others have released rival or surpassing products.

The most damning thing of all: There’s not even a Dan Worrall vid for it yet!

🤔 good observation

• Still wish this would hit today while I’ve got a relatively free one though.

• I really like the Filters and Modulation options in Twin 3 and it sounds pretty nice too.
    ...I do wonder if it's already 'feature locked' or get new features down the line?

One-shot mode for XLFO would be one feature I'd love to see as well and tempo-based pre-delay for reverb and modulation effects. Then again I can skip using the built-in effects and use other apps...

• @Samu said:
    I really like the Filters and Modulation options in Twin 3 and it sounds pretty nice too.
    ...I do wonder if it's already 'feature locked' or get new features down the line?

One-shot mode for XLFO would be one feature I'd love to see as well and tempo-based pre-delay for reverb and modulation effects. Then again I can skip using the built-in effects and use other apps...

I guess I could just wait, but how’s the chorus on it? In any way a rival to FAC?

• @oat_phipps said:

I guess I could just wait, but how’s the chorus on it? In any way a rival to FAC?

Nope, it's pretty basic chorus where all available parameters can be modulated.
    The demo for desktop is free and it's a good way to get familiar with it...

• I’ll be stuck at home for a bit with Covid so I might demo this finally. I don’t know if I’ll really need it when I have hardware analogs and virtually every analog soft synth on iOS though lol

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    I’ll be stuck at home for a bit with Covid so I might demo this finally. I don’t know if I’ll really need it when I have hardware analogs and virtually every analog soft synth on iOS though lol

Oh, no, good luck. Drink fluids, rest, rest and rest.

• @Gavinski said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@dendy said:
    this thing sounds absolutely amazing, jaws on floor.. can’t wait to have it on my iPad

This is what I feel too!
    I see a lot of naysayers and underwhelmed reviews, but I feel like this synth has got “special sauce”. I actually like the UI too ❤️

It'll be interesting to see how the reaction develops over time. A lot of things that people rave about immediately quickly get forgotten, some things that get dismissed quickly are slow builders that people come to appreciate over time

Yeah, the waxing and waning is interesting… for some reason I’m super excited for this. I’m loving the demo. Sometimes an interface just “clicks” for some people, I feel like this one “clicks” for me.

• I just can’t see me preferring this over synthmaster 2?!

• edited February 2023

I see in the demo mentioned earlier in this thread, around 10% processor power most of the time. And that's in Ableton on PC/Laptop. I wonder how that translates to the iOS ecosystem, especially older iPads (Pro 2017).

• I’ll wait for the bundle :sunglasses:

• About effing time. 😂 Instabought! Can't wait to play with this in Ambient stuff.

• I like it!

• @Samu said:
    I’ll wait for the bundle :sunglasses:

Has there been any hint at a bundle from official sources?

• edited February 2023

Yup. It just released on the App Store. It’s only €29.99. Can anybody tell me the price in the US App Store? As far as I know, the US App Store has lower prices compared to where I’m from (EU). A while ago, the prices for all apps increased heavily (20 to 33%) in my country, due to the strong dollar and increasing inflation over here. But hey, I don’t bother or complain, I can still buy my apps. It is possible that FabFilter Twin 3 will be bundled. More info about this coming soon. Oh, off topic (again, I know): DAW LP by Klevgrand is getting new functions and a complete overhaul. The update is free for DAW LP iOS owners and is coming soon. And last of all: we could possibly see PianoTEQ 8 available for iPad as early as next month, March 2023. Can’t wait for this release. Twin 3 is an instant buy for me. Got all FabFilter plug-ins as AUv3 and a couple inside Auria Pro. Simply love the sound quality.

• @Neo8 said:
    Yup. It just released on the App Store. It’s only €29.99. Can anybody tell me the price in the US App Store? As far as I know, the US App Store has lower prices compared to where I’m from (EU). A while ago, the prices for all apps increased heavily (20 to 33%) in my country, due to the strong dollar and increasing inflation over here. But hey, I don’t bother or complain, I can still buy my apps. It is possible that FabFilter Twin 3 will be bundled. More info about this coming soon. Oh, off topic (again, I know): DAW LP by Klevgrand is getting new functions and a complete overhaul. The update is free for DAW LP iOS owners and is coming soon. And last of all: we could possibly see PianoTEQ 8 available for iPad as early as next month, March 2023. Can’t wait for this release. Twin 3 is an instant buy for me. Got all FabFilter plug-ins as AUv3 and a couple inside Auria Pro. Simply love the sound quality.

Is $24.99 - really quite a bargain.

You have some good Intel there! Pianoteq coming will be HUGE and I hope it means I can ditch my sampled pianos. Didn't know about the daw lp overhaul, that would be cool. Really loving the new version of Grand Finale.

• Ooh interesting! Just seen this was released!

• Instabought.

• Can I import my Twin2 preset (Auria) into Twint 3 ?

• I know most of us have tons of iOS/AUv3 synths and maybe 30% of those are actually used regularly. Do we really need another $20+ synth?

Well, one reason Auria Pro’s abandonware situation was such a drag is that Twin 2 was a great synth to use in projects. Yeah one could theoretically use AUM etc. to route Twin 2 into another DAW but this is where it’s at. I’m seriously digging this synth…FabFilter went all out with this.

• edited February 2023

@cuscolima said:
    Can I import my Twin2 preset (Auria) into Twint 3 ?

Already a folder with Twin 2 presets but no preset import like the other plugins 🤔

• Instabought here! Really great sounding - but found a few issues so far:-

1. Multitouch isn’t working - eg try using 2 XY Pads simultaneously
    2. In standalone mode Bluetooth audio doesn’t seem to work - always plays thru speakers

I’ll let Fabfilter know about these, & more if I find them soon. I highly recommend this to everyone - the mod possibilities are v.kool & I’ve only just scratched the surface..😺🎛🌈🎧🐬🎹🎸

• @ninobeatz said:

@cuscolima said:

Already a folder with Twin 2 presets but no preset import like the other plugins 🤔

If you press on the arrow near the « save as », then you can import presets.unfortunately, it seems that it is not possible to import the TWIN2 presets

• @cuscolima said:

@ninobeatz said:

@cuscolima said:

If you press on the arrow near the « save as », then you can import presets.unfortunately, it seems that it is not possible to import the TWIN2 presets

from the Twin 3 manual ... "All presets created with Twin 1 or 2 can be loaded in Twin 3, although they may sound slightly different due to changes in the new plug-in version"

• Love it so far...just one problem, my Apple Pen doesn't work in the preset browser...