Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ambient Explorations | loops for sleep, study, and programming

edited February 2023 in Creations

Started an ambient YouTube channel for the drones I've been making for sleep. I figured I could share them and maybe help someone else zone out.

Comments

• edited February 2023

@KirbyMumbo : Do like a nice doom loop, especially if it is nihilist. :) Subscribed!

• Very nice!!!
    Wow 2 hours!!!

• @Svetlovska said:
    @KirbyMumbo : Do like a nice doom loop, especially if it is nihilist. :) Subscribed!

Hopefully the next one will have a different philosophical theme, maybe not so drab haha

@ReneAsologuitar said:
    Very nice!!!
    Wow 2 hours!!!

Yea I tried to use LFOs and randomizers to keep it somewhat fresh, but it's only about 50 minutes, looped.

• Nice, sounds like great sleep music. I'm guessing paulstretch was involved? 👏

• @Gavinski said:
    Nice, sounds like great sleep music. I'm guessing paulstretch was involved? 👏

Thanks! It works well enough to knock me out lol.

No Paulstretch unfortunately. Midi gens fed into various synths/romplers in AUM at a low BPM. Can paulstretch do realtime rendering?

• No, because it is a slow down effect it needs a buffer. You have to record into it. For real time slowdown Spacefields is good, but is working with pitch, not time stretching.

@KirbyMumbo said:

@Gavinski said:

No Paulstretch unfortunately. Midi gens fed into various synths/romplers in AUM at a low BPM. Can paulstretch do realtime rendering?

• @Gavinski said:
    No, because it is a slow down effect it needs a buffer. You have to record into it. For real time slowdown Spacefields is good, but is working with pitch, not time stretching.

@KirbyMumbo said:

@Gavinski said:

I'll have to look into it. I'm mainly focused on using what I have and taking a hiatus on buying new stuff this year haha. Maybe I'll run a few stems through Paulstretch and process them realtime in AUM.

• @KirbyMumbo said:

@Gavinski said:
    No, because it is a slow down effect it needs a buffer. You have to record into it. For real time slowdown Spacefields is good, but is working with pitch, not time stretching.

@KirbyMumbo said:

@Gavinski said:

I'll have to look into it. I'm mainly focused on using what I have and taking a hiatus on buying new stuff this year haha. Maybe I'll run a few stems through Paulstretch and process them realtime in AUM.

It's free! PaulXStretch

• I’m into it

• @Gavinski said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@Gavinski said:

@KirbyMumbo said:

@Gavinski said:

It's free! PaulXStretch

Oh yeah, I have that. I don’t have spacefields.

• @sevenape said:
    I’m into it

Thanks!

• Very enjoyable, subbed😊

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Very enjoyable, subbed😊

That's high praise coming from the sound tester himself, thanks!

• Trying to make this an everyday thing to practice generative jams and learn my apps to a deeper level. Another ambient generative loop.

Used Visual Synthesizer for the visuals this time around and edited it in Lumafusion.

• YouTube didn’t upload my video for the seventh 🥲 so I already missed a day. Also changed the post title so I don’t spam the forum with more threads.

Tried something with more sparse sounds using iM1 in AUM and monolit for textures. added a background with visual synth again.

Gentle Drops | 2 hour ambient music for programmers

• Wall of sound approach with a dark tone.

Dark Shamballah | 2 hour ambient for sleep

• The first piece is beautiful. Subscribed, and I will listen to the others.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    The first piece is beautiful. Subscribed, and I will listen to the others.

Thanks! I hope they help you sleep/program/open your third eye :D

• Todays ambient loop. Made with the Sp404 and akai mpk play ran through the iPad for reverb and extra tape processing with chowtape.

Really starting to dig into visual synth a bit deeper to make visuals.

Estoile, the Dying Star | Seep music for study (2 hour)

• edited February 2023

@KirbyMumbo : I like the idea of Seep music. Music which seeps into your consciousness, one droplet at a time…

• @Svetlovska said:
    @KirbyMumbo : I like the idea of Seep music. Music which seeps into your consciousness, one droplet at a time…

Yeah, I wanted to find a word to capture that sinking feeling of some ambient tracks especially these long loops.

• Bright tones from FM Player 2 and a simple picture this time. Testing the algorithm.

• Really tried to emphasize the bass for a low and muddy/warm tone contrasted with the random high notes this time.

• It’s good. Dig it a lot.

• @Morgman73 said:
    It’s good. Dig it a lot.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

• Some good stuff here @KirbyMumbo, cheers!

• These are great.
    Thank you for sharing them.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    These are great.
    Thank you for sharing them.

Thanks! This is more a dump for my random ambient jams and attempt at youtube so I appreciate any listens I get haha

• Speaking of...

Korg Module chorus with 3 instances of Pipa fed into audiokit rack reverb

• Very sparse and warped sound on a single instance of Galileo fed into Bleass apps for warping and low end. ZOA drives the midi gen from 2 patterns.