Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bugfixes for ThumbJam and DrumJam

So, I'm just wrapping up bug-fix releases for TJ and DJ and wanted to make sure I captured all the ones that are bugging people. Please chime in if you have seen others I missed. No new features please, sorry!

ThumbJam

• Updated to latest Audiobus SDK with iOS8 support
  • Fixed other iOS8 related compatibility issues
  • Fixed monophonic mode issues with split screen
  • Fixed crash on iTunes song selection and playing
  • Fixed crash removing sample from import sample menu
  • Added option (default to off) to show All Off button with patches that ignore finger release

DrumJam

• Updated to latest Audiobus SDK with iOS8 support
  • Fixed other iOS8 related compatibility issues
  • Hopefully fixed in-app purchase restoring issue

Comments

• I've noticed when using several instruments in TJ at once (4 most recently) if the app goes to sleep in the background when I wake it up it remembers the instrument that was loaded in slot 1 and maybe slot 2 (I'm at work now, can't remember at the moment) but it doesn't remember what was in the other slots, I have to reassign them again. However if I close TJ it remembers all of the slots I had open the last time and they are all active, the slots only go dormant if TJ falls asleep. Maybe this is a bug you've already fixed.

Thanks for the update!!

• edited August 2014

The Sustain/Sustain Lock ( activated with the double tap on the sus.pedal icon ) thing in the bottom left corner of the screen ( iPad Landscape mode ) doesn't work when in record mode.

Saving multiple instruments split screen presets didn't work right for me. I haven't used that feature since so I don't remember the details but I did report it to you back then. I wonder if anyone else saving and using multiple instrument split screen presets has encountered any problems.

• Yes, the multiple instrument preset thing will be addressed, I forgot to put that on the list. I will make saving single vs. multi presets a separate operation from the UI. And yowza, thanks for the heads up on the restore after sleep vs startup.

• To clarify my earlier post when TJ wakes up the splits and assignments look correct and they are still there but there's no audio from slots 3 or 4 when you play the screen until you use the pop up window to assign them and then the sound returns.

• Thank you!

• In ThumbJam, using StepPolyArp: if SPA patterns are set to automatically change, TJ doesn't hear MIDI from SPA anymore :(

• I have problems with midi clock sync between DJ and loopy. Often times the tempo in DJ gets a little "herky jerky" and fluctuates, fast then slow and over again. I can never get clean, clock synced loops into loopy with DJ using audiobus. FWIW

• @Zetagy, I just tried it and found the issue and a workaround. In TJ's Prefs->MIDI Control, go to the Use Channel Pressure (Vol) and flip the switch On then Off again. From then on it should work normally with SPA. That switch was not reflecting the true state of the setting, which for some reason defaulted to On, and SPA sends out a channel pressure 0 value on every preset load. Phew!

• Excellent, thanks-!

• Thanks for the fixes and compatibility updates @sonosaurus!!!