Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM + mfxConvert

Trying to use KQ Dixie as a drum machine with Rozeta (for example Rozeta X0X) in AUM so I looked on here and people suggested mfxConvert so the different drum notes can be on different channels (and different KQ Dixie patches) and I've also seen screenshots online and videos where people are running mfxConvert in AUM.

But I couldn't figure out how to open mfxConvert in AUM. It's not in the list of Audio Unit Extensions.

I can still route to it and from it, and open it as a separate app on the iPad to set up conversions, and sequencing KQ Dixie from X0X that way does work, with the snare as a snare patch, bass drum as a bass drum patch etc, but can't it run inside AUM somehow so I can save presets etc?

Bonus question: can I route "accented" notes alternatively?
Even more ideally: can I even set some notes to be another synth altogether? It's fine if not b/c I love FM 🤷🏻‍♀️

Comments

• @2097 said:
    Trying to use KQ Dixie as a drum machine with Rozeta (for example Rozeta X0X) in AUM so I looked on here and people suggested mfxConvert so the different drum notes can be on different channels (and different KQ Dixie patches) and I've also seen screenshots online and videos where people are running mfxConvert in AUM.

But I couldn't figure out how to open mfxConvert in AUM. It's not in the list of Audio Unit Extensions.

Create a MIDI channel in AUM. mfxConvert is a MIDI, not audio plugin. You'll find it under the "MIDI Processor" category, though the easiest way to find any plugin is by swiping down and typing the first few letters of the name - then you don't need to know the category.

Not with mfxConvert alone. A Streambyter script could handle that pretty easily though. I or someone else could probably whip that up in no time if you listed the note mappings.

Even more ideally: can I even set some notes to be another synth altogether? It's fine if not b/c I love FM 🤷🏻‍♀️

You could do this by setting the conversion to other channels, then filtering for those channels on the apps you route to.

• wimwim
    edited February 2023

@wim said:

Not with mfxConvert alone. A Streambyter script could handle that pretty easily though. I or someone else could probably whip that up in no time if you listed the note mappings.

Thinking about that a bit more - a simple one-line Streambyter script after the mfxConvert instance could be used to change the midi channel for accented notes. Maybe a few lines if "accented" is a range of velocities rather than one fixed velocity.

But, the intimidation of scripting aside, a single Streambyter script is more efficient and less routing hassle.

• Awesome 🥰

I did look there, under Audio Unit MIDI Processor, and I could only see Fugue Machine in there (whereas under Audio Unit Extension I could see Rozetta, KQ Dixie, and Papu). I force quit / restarted AUM and mfxConvert and after the restart I only looked under Audio Unit Extension 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Oh, accented just means more velo? In that case I'll just make the KQ Dixie patches such that they also dispatch on velo 💁🏻‍♀️

• @2097 said:
    Awesome 🥰

I did look there, under Audio Unit MIDI Processor, and I could only see Fugue Machine in there (whereas under Audio Unit Extension I could see Rozetta, KQ Dixie, and Papu). I force quit / restarted AUM and mfxConvert and after the restart I only looked under Audio Unit Extension 🤦🏻‍♀️

If you haven't rebooted since your purchase, you may need to. Occasionally, iOS fails to update its list of available plugins till a reboot.

• Sorry for being so unclear; it started working after force quitting AUM and mfxConvert ♥