Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

“Companion” - piano motifs about mans/woman’s best friend

edited February 2023 in Creations

An older one, but when I was trying out piano motifs. This track, about my faithful hound, uses about 10 different motifs , mainly piano, but later overlaid with a smattering of pads, drums, and “Guitar”. All done within GarageBand IOS. Starts off a bit wakeman, the goes into Oldfield territory

Hope you enjoy

Comments

• Great-looking dog, with eyes so full of love!
    The piano music depicts the care and emotion for a great friend!!!
    Soooo lovely, and sooo sentimental!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Rene

• edited February 2023

Pooch! Lovely work orchestrating/arranging this. Impressed by the cohesiveness and development over so many instances of PM. I’m guessing you are further arranging the midi in a DAW?

• Thank you @ReneAsologuitar and @Svetlovska for such lovely comments.

Yes, all done in GarageBand IOS, so a lot of copying and pasting between instruments, playing live over the top with guitar, pads and arpeggio patches, and then some micro manage editing within the sections - which disturbingly I really enjoy 😀 using GB IOS really suits Piano motifs due to its segmented nature. Listening back to this has inspired me to go back to PM for a new track.

• @matdun25848834, wonderful tribute to our unconditional companions! Nicely arranged collection of motifs, a base for some creative playing and instrumentation.

• Beautiful uplifting composition. I enjoyed this very much.

• thank you @azul3D_Apps and @Paulieworld - much appreciated. PM has moved on since I last used it - I try to convince myself it's for inspiration and it's not cheating - it creates some beautiful motifs that I wouldn't stand a chance of being able to create.

• Definitely inspiration, definitely not cheating. Loved the guitar from about 4:15 👍

• I strongly agree with @GeoTony You can’t be a master of every instrument. That’s why we have session players. The great thing about this technology is that we can hire them for a few dollars. Rather than drive into the city and pay $500/hr in a studio, we can sit on our patio and compose music.

• This is very well done. I chuckled a bit about disturbingly enjoying micro-managing editing within sections. If that isn't part of the joy of making music, I must be doing it wrong.
    If that's your doggy, give them some belly rubs for me!

• thank you all. Used PM again with the latest track, "Father". Definitely gives another avenue of music creation, and you are right it's inspiration and something to build on.