Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Staying up late, midsummer 1991. Apps: fundamental, shoom, Fluss, wires, filterjam, bubbles and Aum

I made this nostalgic ambient thing this morning, reminded of a summer night back when I was 16 and my girlfriend and I dropped acid for the first time and wandered through the not quite darkness, marveling at the complexity and beauty of the plants in the woods near my house in rural Berkshire. I’ve always had an infinity and a deep spiritual connection towards midsummer, and whilst I don’t do the Druid stuff, I can totally understand. After that night we only ever did psychedelics in nature, and whilst the girlfriend didn’t last, the feelings of that time remain. Those summers were filled with magic, psychoactive substances, parties, laying in fields drinking stolen wine, crop circles, megaliths, henges, barrows and fairy rings.

This year I will be 48 for the solstice and we are visiting friends in Sweden, living in Italy I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed the Northern European midsummer, I won’t be taking any acid, but the magic is still there.

Comments

• Oh this looks great, I’m gonna save it for the big screen later - we’re the same age so my summer ‘91 was similarly seminal, playing in bands, acid in forests and on fells, young love and living large…

• @Krupa said:
    Oh this looks great, I’m gonna save it for the big screen later - we’re the same age so my summer ‘91 was similarly seminal, playing in bands, acid in forests and on fells, young love and living large…

Thank you! Oh yes living large indeed! They were special times!

• Love this, I’m 49 in a couple of weeks and my halcyon days were also filled with mushrooms and microdots 🫠
    I sometimes think, taking psychedelics in nature, was the closest thing to a religious experience.
    Did you film the visuals too? Love them

• @barabajagal said:
    Love this, I’m 49 in a couple of weeks and my halcyon days were also filled with mushrooms and microdots 🫠
    I sometimes think, taking psychedelics in nature, was the closest thing to a religious experience.
    Did you film the visuals too? Love them

Thank you!! I agree it was verging on something spiritual!! I wish I filmed the video. It’s from a YouTube video vhs landscapes or something. The original is 3 hours long!!

• Nice vibe, trippy and the video fits very well with it.

• Sounds like a lot of us had the same great teenage years of experimentation and mystical, trippy discoveries. What a time to be alive it was, would love to go back and relive it!

• Great vibes and vid btw!

• Beautifully mellow, the kitten and I both enjoyed that greatly 😸

It made me wish I’d held onto the crazy 70s Ferguson VHS separate camera, recorder and tuner set I used to use to dub my Ellis animations onto. I hated the quality of the footage back then but I’d love it now😂 the best thing I used to do with it was video feedback, I must have a tape of it somewhere…

• Nice :) Yeah I also wish I kept my Panasonic video camera, I know you can replicate the quality digitally but that's not the point....I still have a CRT monitor for some artworks though.
    I still have some celluloid film equipment which I will get back to at some point, but obviously that's even more expensive than it used to be :#

• edited February 2023

@YotoBono said:
    Nice vibe, trippy and the video fits very well with it.

Thank you for listening!

@Gavinski said:
    Sounds like a lot of us had the same great teenage years of experimentation and mystical, trippy discoveries. What a time to be alive it was, would love to go back and relive it!

Thank you! I would definitely like to go back for a holiday. Wouldn’t want to do it all, all over again though!

@Krupa said:
    Beautifully mellow, the kitten and I both enjoyed that greatly 🐱

Glad to hear it!! Thank you for listening

It made me wish I’d held onto the crazy 70s Ferguson VHS separate camera, recorder and tuner set I used to use to dub my Ellis animations onto. I hated the quality of the footage back then but I’d love it now😂 the best thing I used to do with it was video feedback, I must have a tape of it somewhere…

Now that sounds trippy!!!

@Carnbot said:
    Nice :)

Hey thanks!! Xx

Yeah I also wish I kept my Panasonic video camera, I know you can replicate the quality digitally but that's not the point....I still have a CRT monitor for some artworks though.
    I still have some celluloid film equipment which I will get back to at some point, but obviously that's even more expensive than it used to be :#

• This sounds amazing. Brought me back to this very morning of 1999, sleepless after more than 30 hours, heart beating fast as if I had run for hours, still high sitting on the tall grass of a field next to a clandestine rave in the South of France and tripping on an ant parade, while one of my friend was having a bad trip trying to remember his russian for his exam the next day!

• If there’s such thing as an audio/video contact high I believe I’m experiencing it…trippin’ balls bruh. 😵‍💫

• edited February 2023

Thank you, @sevenape, for this, and for the wonderful visual accompanying it.

It was the seventies for me, and cheap cider in two litre plastic bottles, after we climbed over the gate into the municipal park past midnight, and lay on our backs on a small hill in the centre of it. The thrill of trespass, getting drunk for one of the first times in our young lives, staring at the stars and talking shit…. I think the high was our youth. But, yeah.

Yeah.

• One of my greatest memories from those years was a night when about 15 of us sneaked into a huge park - I mean really huge - with lots to explore and dropped acid. There may have been drink involved, there were certainly a lot of spliffs flying round, but the main thing I remember was that at one point we were spread in smaller groups all over the park and started doing some 'primal screaming'. It was all incredibly beautiful and cathartic and a fantastic bonding experience. Oh yeah, and I remember making out with a really pretty girl. Kissing is trippy as hell on acid. Great times!

• The song 'This is Our Lot' by Wild Beasts gives me some vibe of those kinds of nights, even though it's more about teenage drinking.

• @JRSIV said:
    If there’s such thing as an audio/video contact high I believe I’m experiencing it…trippin’ balls bruh. 😵‍💫

Wow that means I did my job!! Thank you!!!

@JanKun said:
    This sounds amazing. Brought me back to this very morning of 1999, sleepless after more than 30 hours, heart beating fast as if I had run for hours, still high sitting on the tall grass of a field next to a clandestine rave in the South of France and tripping on an ant parade, while one of my friend was having a bad trip trying to remember his russian for his exam the next day!

Thank you!!!! I know that feeling too well!

@Svetlovska said:

It was the seventies for me, and cheap cider in two litre plastic bottles, after we climbed over the gate into the municipal park past midnight, and lay on our backs on a small hill in the centre of it. The thrill of trespass, getting drunk for one of the first times in our young lives, staring at the stars and talking shit…. I think the high was our youth. But, yeah.

Yeah.

Thank you! And just, yeah…

@Gavinski said:
    One of my greatest memories from those years was a night when about 15 of us sneaked into a huge park - I mean really huge - with lots to explore and dropped acid. There may have been drink involved, there were certainly a lot of spliffs flying round, but the main thing I remember was that at one point we were spread in smaller groups all over the park and started doing some 'primal screaming'. It was all incredibly beautiful and cathartic and a fantastic bonding experience. Oh yeah, and I remember making out with a really pretty girl. Kissing is trippy as hell on acid. Great times!

Amazing. That’s really cool! Never tried primal screaming, but we found a tennis ball once that we were throwing to each other that gave off amazing visuals! Hahah

@Gavinski said:
    The song 'This is Our Lot' by Wild Beasts gives me some vibe of those kinds of nights, even though it's more about teenage drinking.

Love this! Baseline reminds me a bit of Santa Maria by the frames!

• This is just one of the best indie pop songs ever imho!

@sevenape said:

@JRSIV said:
    If there’s such thing as an audio/video contact high I believe I’m experiencing it…trippin’ balls bruh. 😵‍💫

Wow that means I did my job!! Thank you!!!

@JanKun said:
    This sounds amazing. Brought me back to this very morning of 1999, sleepless after more than 30 hours, heart beating fast as if I had run for hours, still high sitting on the tall grass of a field next to a clandestine rave in the South of France and tripping on an ant parade, while one of my friend was having a bad trip trying to remember his russian for his exam the next day!

Thank you!!!! I know that feeling too well!

@Svetlovska said:

Yeah.

Thank you! And just, yeah…

@Gavinski said:
    One of my greatest memories from those years was a night when about 15 of us sneaked into a huge park - I mean really huge - with lots to explore and dropped acid. There may have been drink involved, there were certainly a lot of spliffs flying round, but the main thing I remember was that at one point we were spread in smaller groups all over the park and started doing some 'primal screaming'. It was all incredibly beautiful and cathartic and a fantastic bonding experience. Oh yeah, and I remember making out with a really pretty girl. Kissing is trippy as hell on acid. Great times!

Amazing. That’s really cool! Never tried primal screaming, but we found a tennis ball once that we were throwing to each other that gave off amazing visuals! Hahah

@Gavinski said:
    The song 'This is Our Lot' by Wild Beasts gives me some vibe of those kinds of nights, even though it's more about teenage drinking.

Love this! Baseline reminds me a bit of Santa Maria by the frames!

• @sevenape said:
    I made this nostalgic ambient thing this morning, reminded of a summer night back when I was 16 and my girlfriend and I dropped acid for the first time and wandered through the not quite darkness, marveling at the complexity and beauty of the plants in the woods near my house in rural Berkshire.

• After hearing everyone’s experiences I thought I would share. It was 1973. There was a thing going around. It was a little green pill that was administered to severe burn patients. Sort of like a full body Novocain. Someone got the idea of putting a drop of acid on it. They were called Green Fuckers. There was also something called Pink Fuckers. Never tried one of those. In any case, me and my buddy did some and it was a frightening but very memorable experience. We dropped by a friend’s house and he looked like a marionette. When we told him what we did he said “That stuff will kill you!”. We took off. As we walked the streets, every car that passed was, in my altered state, a cop car. For some reason, I thought if I combed my hair they would leave us alone. I tried to pull my comb from my pocket, but it was though it was elastic, like a rubber band. It made a strange ‘boing boing’ sound. We decided to split up and go home. As I walked home everything seemed to be covered with ice. It was quite beautiful. When I got home I had to pee. As I did, it appeared to boil in the bowl. On the way out, I looked at myself in the mirror. I was red. Everything was red. When I went to bed, my curtains were breathing.

That was the one and only time I tried that. I’ll take a nice Martini instead.

• Great story, great track… sadly I’m more interested in the species of rhododendron in the film than anything else these days 😊
    Also spent a while working in Bracknell so my view of Berkshire is probably different to yours 🤔

• Hahah thanks! Had a few “rapper” friends from bracknell and wokingham, but my stomping ground was more the area between Reading and Newbury… bit more “west country” but not quite. We have the burr but not the cider.

• @sevenape said:
    Hahah thanks! Had a few “rapper” friends from bracknell and wokingham, but my stomping ground was more the area between Reading and Newbury… bit more “west country” but not quite. We have the burr but not the cider.

Nice round there, while hitching through I stopped briefly at the bypass protest site a day or two before the ‘battle’. I often wonder if I should have stayed, but I needed to get home to sign for my gyro 🙄

• Yea it’s lovely round there. I missed the battle too, although a few of my more site living friends were there. I was at university in Bournemouth at the time and trading my army surplus for low slung jeans and jungle 12s I wish I’d been a bit more politically active… now I feel ten times more outraged than I did then.