Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Seeking testers for iOS mashup/remix making app

We're developing a new iOS app called Tuttii that simplifies the mashup/remix making process on mobile.

See a screenshot below and quick demo/screen recording at this link. The app uses a drag-and-drop interface, then automatically handles the key matching, BPM syncing, beat grid alignment, crossfades, etc for the user. It's meant to be so simple that anybody can make great music, regardless of music theory or production knowledge. We're still early in the development process, but have enough ready that we'd like to start soliciting feedback/suggestions to guide the future of our product roadmap.

If you're interested in joining us for private alpha testing you can drop a comment on this post, send me a DM, fill out the form at tuttii.io/alpha, or email [email protected] asking to test the app. Thanks!

Comments

• This looks really interesting, I’ve emailed and welcome to the madhouse 😁

• 😄 bout 3 Minutes ago i got a Push from reddit

• Is this a scam ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Is this a scam ?

What makes you suggest that it's a scam?

• Looks OK - alpha testing at the moment but the roadmap is interesting. I'm guessing the business model will be subscription or paid for content as IAPs and licensing may be an issue but I've added my name for testing.

• @bazebuster said:
    😄 bout 3 Minutes ago i got a Push from reddit

Hahah Reddit users are the ones who pointed me to the AudioBus community actually!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Is this a scam ?

Nope, just looking for some testers! The app is early stage and we have several features we're considering implementing next, so we're hoping to get some external users like yourself to:

• point out bugs we've missed
    • let us know what is and isn't intuitive abut the existing features/layout
    • let us know what limitations are frustrating you and what features you'd like to see next

Happy to answer any questions you have have as well!

• You can Count me in I guess

• @bazebuster said:
    You can Count me in I guess

Awesome, I'll send you a DM!

• @enkaytee said:
    Looks OK - alpha testing at the moment but the roadmap is interesting. I'm guessing the business model will be subscription or paid for content as IAPs and licensing may be an issue but I've added my name for testing.

Yep you nailed it - we have a library of testing audio for now while we're doing R&D on the tech, and are also formally onboarding catalogs of music for the public version of the app. The plan for the public version is to have the app be available for free with licensed audio to purchase from our marketplace (comparable to an iTunes download in terms of the checkout flow and general price point). There will also be a subscription tier available in addition to just making one-time purchases. Also worth noting we will have free promotional and non-copyright audio available as well, so you won't necessarily have to pay anything to use the app!

Additionally, we will implement a distribution flow directly within the mobile app, which allows you to distribute your creations formally to social media platforms. This means your mashups/remixes from Tuttii would appear in TikTok's music library, for example, like any other song would. You (and the original artists) would be able to collect royalties and track stats for usage on those platforms, and you can link your existing artist profiles to your Tuttii account so your releases are consistent across all of your channels.

So we are knee deep in biz dev in addition to the product dev, but I hope that paints a clearer picture of the direction we're heading. Beyond having that general framework in mind, we're hoping to get a lot of ideas and inspiration from our testers in terms of what other features to develop (both in the audio editor and otherwise).

Happy to answer any questions about the app or business model as well!

• @troy_tuttii said:
    Yep you nailed it - we have a library of testing audio for now while we're doing R&D on the tech, and are also formally onboarding catalogs of music for the public version of the app. The plan for the public version is to have the app be available for free with licensed audio to purchase from our marketplace (comparable to an iTunes download in terms of the checkout flow and general price point). There will also be a subscription tier available in addition to just making one-time purchases. Also worth noting we will have free promotional and non-copyright audio available as well, so you won't necessarily have to pay anything to use the app!

Additionally, we will implement a distribution flow directly within the mobile app, which allows you to distribute your creations formally to social media platforms. This means your mashups/remixes from Tuttii would appear in TikTok's music library, for example, like any other song would. You (and the original artists) would be able to collect royalties and track stats for usage on those platforms, and you can link your existing artist profiles to your Tuttii account so your releases are consistent across all of your channels.

So we are knee deep in biz dev in addition to the product dev, but I hope that paints a clearer picture of the direction we're heading. Beyond having that general framework in mind, we're hoping to get a lot of ideas and inspiration from our testers in terms of what other features to develop (both in the audio editor and otherwise).

If I’m understanding you correctly, you’ll be able to do a mashup/remix of any songs and distribute them on social media? Meaning I could mashup AC/DC -back in black with 50 Cent - in the club (just some example I thought of) and put it on Youtube without worry about them giving me a copyright strike on my page? If so, this will be amazing!! Right now DJ’s are don’t have a real outlet to put out anything they do, because of copyright. If someone could make were people could do this and somehow let the original copyright owners get their royalties, then it seems like a win win to me.

• Have given it a test drive.. this has lots of potential..

My thoughts are -

1. Need the ability to overlay channels on top of each other and drag riffs on top of each other etc,. then you can really remix. This is very linear at the moment.. just one channel for vocals another for instruments.
    2. Seems to be iPhone only screen size at the moment. Please support my 12.9” iPad 😆
    3. Automated transitions between songs parts.. volume, filter, other cool DJ type effects.

Thanks, great work so far.

• @Brad said:

@troy_tuttii said:

If I’m understanding you correctly, you’ll be able to do a mashup/remix of any songs and distribute them on social media? Meaning I could mashup AC/DC -back in black with 50 Cent - in the club (just some example I thought of) and put it on Youtube without worry about them giving me a copyright strike on my page? If so, this will be amazing!! Right now DJ’s are don’t have a real outlet to put out anything they do, because of copyright. If someone could make were people could do this and somehow let the original copyright owners get their royalties, then it seems like a win win to me.

That is exactly the plan! Any audio made available in the public version on the app will have the licensing taken care of such that users can make remixes/mashups and share to approved social platforms :smile: This will be managed on our end through our artist agreements and terms of service, so users don't have to worry about any of the legal stuff. We're discussing with labels, publishers, and indies right now and they seem to agree on the win win - the original music rights holders get revenue from marketplace transactions/subscriptions, more revenue from a portion of the royalties generated from songs made with their work, and a ton of organic promotion from other artists and their fans sharing mashups/remixes of their stuff.

• @Raggamuffin73 said:
    Have given it a test drive.. this has lots of potential..

My thoughts are -

1. Need the ability to overlay channels on top of each other and drag riffs on top of each other etc,. then you can really remix. This is very linear at the moment.. just one channel for vocals another for instruments.
    2. Seems to be iPhone only screen size at the moment. Please support my 12.9” iPad 😆
    3. Automated transitions between songs parts.. volume, filter, other cool DJ type effects.

Thanks, great work so far.

This is great, thank you so much! And I appreciate the kind words :) I really like your point about stacking the song sections beyond just the two tracks we currently have. We plan on using that horizontal dark purple lane (between vocals and instrumental) to act as a sort of master FX channel with automated phasers, filters, noise risers, etc that you can drag in. That will kind of feel like another track in the editor, but better addresses your 3rd point. Making it more remix-y with overlaying the audio samples themselves would be really interesting. We'll start playing around with some ideas on the UX for that!

And I'm realizing now that I should have included the iPad situation in the post haha I apologize. The app is functional on iPadOS, but is not optimized for the screen size and until this point has only been developed with iPhones in mind. I'm so sorry for not mentioning that, though we certainly will address that. Thank you again, and please keep the feedback/suggestions coming if anything else comes to mind!

• edited February 2023

Ahh - OK, as a very amateur dabbler I don't think I can do this justice - my "creations" would be incredibly naff and definitely not for public consumption...!

Good luck anyway - I'm sure it'll do well...

• @enkaytee said:
    Ahh - OK, as a very amateur dabbler I don't think I can do this justice - my "creations" would be incredibly naff and definitely not for public consumption...!

Good luck anyway - I'm sure it'll do well...

I appreciate it, thank you for volunteering in the first place :)