Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Duet (Bome Network, Solo, Omnisphere)

This is a music track that I improvised on two MIDI keyboards connected to an iPad.

I used Bome Network software to send the iPad's MIDI notes to Bitwig Studio running on a desktop PC. There the MIDI was routed to Solo for the violin and trumpet, as well as to Omnisphere for the background instrument.

After bringing the audio recording into Vegas Pro, I applied the Lurssen Mastering Console plug-in to the audio mix.

It's titled Duet.

Comments

• Hi David,
    Duet is quite serene, and the melody is very nice to the ear.
    Very relaxing music.
    Your creations are so much appreciated.
    Love this recording.
    Rene

• Serene is the right word, and it somehow has echos of 'the last post'. Perhaps the slow trumpet but also the melodic intervals. Lovely anyway, thanks for sharing.

• edited January 2023

And with the drone underneath too I'm going to double down on my interpretation of this :-). I'm now listening to the piper's lament at the end of the Queen's funeral.
    One commentator noted that there was a time and a place for bagpipes and by golly that was the right time and place.
    I get the same 'regal' sense from this piece.

• Agree with @belldu about the last post echoes, perhaps almost unavoidable given the pace, instrumentation etc. but as a duet it has to be worth 👍👍

• Thanks, @ReneAsologuitar, @belldu, and @GeoTony. Much appreciated.

@belldu, I don't remember having heard "the last post" before, though there's a decent chance I encountered it in a movie or television show, somewhere along the line. Thanks for bringing it up. It's quite extraordinary.