Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Creation Posts: what’s your preference?

What’s your preference for ‘consuming’ a piece of music or a soundscape posted in the Creations section of AB forum? Links are shared daily to YouTube, Soundcloud, Bandcamp etc. and I’m curious which format people generally prefer. And regards the YouTube stuff, whether you prefer to gaze at arty visuals or to see the apps being used (screen recording of the session)?

Consuming fellow forum members’ creations
  1. Which delivery format do you prefer?21 votes
    1. YouTube with arty visuals
      14.29%
    2. YouTube with screen recording showing the apps in session
      33.33%
    3. Soundcloud
      28.57%
    4. Bandcamp
      14.29%
    5. Hearthis
        0.00%
    6. Something else
        9.52%

Comments

• I said "something else" because I'll listen to anything as long as it's accessible in a browser. The rest is the cherry on top.

• I prefer direct link to the MP3 or AAC file myself, then I can download a bunch at once and listen to wherever I want.

• edited January 2023

I'm in the all of the above category. No preference really. I enjoy watching unique videos and love listening to great music. I like watching ReneAsologuitar perform. I enjoy Svetlovska's creations with the great stories regardless of whether there are videos or just a Soundcloud link. I appreciate GeoTony showing his Geoshred performances and subbed to his Soundcloud too. I could listen to LinearLineman ,Paulieworld , McD all day and never feel like I was missing anything for lack of video but really enjoyed making a video for one of Paulieworld's creations. I miss seeing videos from iOSTRAKON and Edward_Alexander. I'm grateful for Gavinski and his tutorials. I could go on for days. For anyone not mentioned I apologize but we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to great creative people and there is no way I could possibly list them all.

• Bandcamp forever

• When watching youtube videos of musical creations on this forum they stop playing if you are not focussed on the browser tab. I often like to read while listening so prefer Soundcloud. Arty visuals are sometimes interesting but one video produced with VS looks a lot like another. I like seeing AUM jams as they are often performance rather than playback, and I can't stand people manually scrolling around a GB timeline as it plays like they do on Reddit!
    So Soundcloud is definitely my favourite, with interesting AUM performances a close second.

• Oh and yeah, love Rene's performances too.

• Soundcloud is my favourite. Not bothered about visuals, just the music.

• @belldu said:
    When watching youtube videos of musical creations on this forum they stop playing if you are not focussed on the browser tab. I often like to read while listening so prefer Soundcloud. Arty visuals are sometimes interesting but one video produced with VS looks a lot like another. I like seeing AUM jams as they are often performance rather than playback, and I can't stand people manually scrolling around a GB timeline as it plays like they do on Reddit!
    So Soundcloud is definitely my favourite, with interesting AUM performances a close second.

This is a question I've wondered about as well. I picked soundcloud because for just listening it seems to work the easiest but I'm surprised no one has picked videos that show how apps are being used. That can be helpful in some situations.

Same problem for me is that I most often want to listen to music while doing something else; but that doesn't work well for the forum; too much starting and stopping.

I keep wishing some enterprising person would make a podcast just for forum creations; then we could listen to a continuous stream.

• +1 comment from @MadeofWax but swap GeoTony for MadeofWax 😊

• @belldu said:
    When watching youtube videos of musical creations on this forum they stop playing if you are not focussed on the browser tab.

@Stochastically
    Same problem for me is that I most often want to listen to music while doing something else; but that doesn't work well for the forum; too much starting and stopping.

I get around this by opening a new browser instance entirely, fire up a YT playlist in that, minimise and leave it to play. The other browser is where I then do my work stuff, surfing across 50+ tabs etc.