Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Tr8s Ios alternative

Trying to convince myself I don't need the tr8s...I have midi controllers that ( let's say could have the immediacy of the tr8s layout/faders and stuff). Which iOS app would be your pick for a supposed tr8s replica?

Comments

• Zenbeats I guess if you’re after those kinds of sounds.

• Pure Acid is the one

• @Tarekith said:
    Zenbeats I guess if you’re after those kinds of sounds.

the midi cc integration in Zenbeats was very tricky last time when I used it...(assign a parameter to a knob midi controller) not stable...and not working properly.

I am looking for to use my own samples and not necessarily the fm drum synth engine.

• @looperboy said:
    Pure Acid is the one

Can I use my own samples in Pure Acid?

• @Sergiu said:
    Trying to convince myself I don't need the tr8s...I have midi controllers that ( let's say could have the immediacy of the tr8s layout/faders and stuff). Which iOS app would be your pick for a supposed tr8s replica?

I’m a happy TR-8S owner. I bought it to have a machine that could be used with or without a computer. Buying the individual models in VST through RolandCloud is more expensive then the unit itself and you even get some more sounds (also non percussive) as a bonus. Individual outs can appear within your DAW through USB. The TR-8S can also be used as an USB MIDI Controller/Sequencer and I believe even an FX unit (no experience with that). It has separate outs, trigger out, will load your samples (although with it’s limitations). Quite recently Roland added some nice extra FM models.

The big difference i.m.o. between the TR-8s and (iOS) software like PureAcid is Roland’s modeling technique. To me it makes certain sounds more alive, especially with some saturation behind it (I use a Sherman Filterbank 2 Compact). So in terms of “alternatives” the choice seems limited especially if you search for TR-sounds. Some stuff I own on iOS and that I personally like:
    Sugarbytes Drumcomputer
    FAC Drumkit
    Bram Bos Ruismaker, Ruismaker FM and Noir

There (was) also Stroke Machine (IAA), I still have it on an iPad but believe it’s not available anymore. Would be awesome if that was released again as an AU.

• edited January 2023

@Sergiu said:

@looperboy said:
    Pure Acid is the one

No - you can’t.
    There isn’t really a realistic alternative - anything that anyone comes up with will be missing a ton of features on the TR8S.
    Have you tried Flip Sampler yet? You might like that.
    What about the TR6S? - that’s probably your best alternative.

• I don’t own it (yet) but VAdrum2 drum synth seems to deliver the 808/909 palette, plus sequencer and fx. I own their VApoly synth, and it’s very good and authentic sounding. https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/vadrum2/id1561097284

• @Slush said:
    I don’t own it (yet) but VAdrum2 drum synth seems to deliver the 808/909 palette, plus sequencer and fx. I own their VApoly synth, and it’s very good and authentic sounding. https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/vadrum2/id1561097284

Oh, I love their stuff!

• @Sergiu said:

@looperboy said:
    Pure Acid is the one

For a sampling drum machine, go for iMPC Pro2 or Koala. For 808, 909, 606, 707 go for Pure Acid. Something that does everything is never particularly good at anything.

• @Bietfriek said:

@Sergiu said:

I’m a happy TR-8S owner. I bought it to have a machine that could be used with or without a computer. Buying the individual models in VST through RolandCloud is more expensive then the unit itself and you even get some more sounds (also non percussive) as a bonus. Individual outs can appear within your DAW through USB. The TR-8S can also be used as an USB MIDI Controller/Sequencer and I believe even an FX unit (no experience with that). It has separate outs, trigger out, will load your samples (although with it’s limitations). Quite recently Roland added some nice extra FM models.

The big difference i.m.o. between the TR-8s and (iOS) software like PureAcid is Roland’s modeling technique. To me it makes certain sounds more alive, especially with some saturation behind it (I use a Sherman Filterbank 2 Compact). So in terms of “alternatives” the choice seems limited especially if you search for TR-sounds. Some stuff I own on iOS and that I personally like:
    Sugarbytes Drumcomputer
    FAC Drumkit
    Bram Bos Ruismaker, Ruismaker FM and Noir

There (was) also Stroke Machine (IAA), I still have it on an iPad but believe it’s not available anymore. Would be awesome if that was released again as an AU.

Yeah...it is such a great midi controller...I do own the Tr8...but no external samples. I Never figure it out how to use there TR8 as a midi controller with iOS apps. Im not even sure if it's possible...if I would be able to use it as a midi controller for apps and map all of those faders and knobs would be great...no need for the Tr8s...but couldn't make it work.

• I think Drambo and its samplers can recreate same features as in tr8s...