Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beat sync ikaossilator & loopy. And a good recommend effects

Noob here.

Just discovered Loopy and ikaossilator and the audiobus. Have run Logic for years, but have been looking for a quick and simple way to create beep and loopy and squeaky electronic wankery to lay under edited video (as I'm videographer trade wise these - sports mostly) rather than use (or rather pay) for production music.

Couple questions.

1. Can anyone recommend a good app for effects delays etc. "ambient" synth, a nice arpregiator, for iPhone (for now). I have a reason to buy an iPad at last!

2. Loopy I find while it appears ikaossilator transmits the temp to loopy it isn't beat syncing to the very first beat of a bar, so if it's 4/4 on ikaossilator, and I trip loopy track into record to record a doodle it's not necessarily recording from the first beat, leading to it being off, this is frustrating as I do like things to be tight, indeed I have to know its absolutely spot on and without an event list (Logic) I'm never satisfied anything is quite tight to the tick/division.

Anyway just wanted to know I'm missing something in the sync on the bus or the way I'm operating ikaossilator or loopy.

Will be listening to some of your tunes for inspiration later.

Comments

• edited March 2013

Magellan should fill your bill. Be aware there is a Magellan and Magellan jr.

• Thanks, could only get Jr for iPhone.

Really like the look of iFretless bass. Lapsed member of the Bassist Union.

• Ifretless is awesome, and according to the Dev is only going to get better.

• Just to clarify, iKaoss doesn't send or receive midi clock, right?