Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Woodsynth 3.0

Comments

• edited March 2023

@woodman said:
    @temaniak : I did a quick check : (Preset) Reset to default ; set layer CC74 to Freq Mod Depth ; switched on the CC74 master button ; and then used WoodTroller to generate the CC74 values and that works ok. Can you try these steps as well ?
    Woodman

I try it. Thank you, but It works in host (AUM) only. Yep, it main workflow, but in standalone mode it doesn’t work (

• @temaniak : ok I see the problem now, you found a bug : when WoodSynth is set to MPE mode , it still looks at the PC/CC channel in Advanced while it should pass them all. I'll fix it asap but for now you can set the PC/CC chan to all and it should work.
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @temaniak : ok I see the problem now, you found a bug : when WoodSynth is set to MPE mode , it still looks at the PC/CC channel in Advanced while it should pass them all. I'll fix it asap but for now you can set the PC/CC chan to all and it should work.
    Woodman

Good! Thanks for quick reaction! Please, add more mod targets for MPE.

• @temaniak : I just submitted 3.1.2 to the App Store (you should see this later tonight or tomorrow) :

• Fixed CC74 not working bug when WoodSynth in MPE mode and PC/CC chan (Adv) was not set to “all”.
    • Added some more default CC’s (useful for WoodTroller).
    • Added Wavetable Interpolation factors 64 and 128.

Any suggestions for the extra MPE targets ? (no promises :-)

Woodman

• edited March 2023

@woodman

Oh thank you!

One more request: I would very much like phase mod amount not only from the AUX envelope, but also from the LFO and the controllers (MPE, At, velocity etc.).

• @woodman I find another bug: when is phase mod is on, and I choice a noise in carrier osc, synth a freeze. No sound, and I must reboot the synth.
    And maybe the sensitivity of filter resonance should be made a little softer?

• @temaniak : ok I'll check it out
    Woodman

• @woodman

in general, i see full sound muting and overloads during phase modulation at low values. Very often after that I can't restore the sound engine and have to restart the app.
    Very similar to the bugs in the MAX/MSP gen~ environment, when too low frequencies led oto mute. I overcame this with a high-pass filter, but I'm sure there is another way out.

• Woodsynth is have big update

• @temaniak said:
    Woodsynth is have big update

Great to see this synth constantly evolving!

• @woodman Hi Woodman, I really love Wood Synth - would you consider adding a feature that enables it to respond to Program Change messages? This means I could include it in my live rig. thanks for your continued work on this synth!

• @drewinnit : hi, did you try to set the "Program Change Mode" in Advanced to "index" and enable "midi CC" ?
    it is a long time ago I checked/used this functionality but normally it should work ... let me know.
    best, Woodman

• i looked everywhere, cant believe it was under my nose all along :D

will test and get back to you, cheers

• @woodman seems to work well, i‘m using Index mode and it’s successfully selecting the patches in my user bank. excited to work with this feature!

• edited August 2023

Hello.
    I purchased your synthesizer in 3 versions for iOS. I love. I just started to study it and a few questions arose. For example:
    1 where is the command to remove a user preset? I didn't find her.
    2 Is it possible to make a timestamp of the preset category where the edited sound is located?
    3 Undo redo buttons?

• edited August 2023

• edited September 2023

This synth can sequence hardware synth too? Has anyone tried this?

• @dreamcartel said:

Yep, it can control analog or modular synths via CV.

• edited September 2023

@temaniak said:

@dreamcartel said:

Yep, it can control analog or modular synths via CV.

Awesome. It is a newer one so I don’t know if it needs CV but Woodsynth is it then. Thanks

• @Oleggerand said:
    Hello.
    I purchased your synthesizer in 3 versions for iOS. I love. I just started to study it and a few questions arose. For example:
    1 where is the command to remove a user preset? I didn't find her.
    2 Is it possible to make a timestamp of the preset category where the edited sound is located?
    3 Undo redo buttons?

Maybe you should mentioned @woodman

• @Oleggerand : sorry I now just saw your questions :
    1. when using the Browse button, you get the system's file chooser where you can remove, rename, duplicate, etc files and hence presets. You can also use the Files app (or other) and navigate to iCloud Drive / WoodSynth and do it from there.
    2. I am not sure what you exactly mean here but just as above you can use the Files app and see the preset files creation/mod dates/time.
    3. not present but is indeed a good question, I'll see what I can do for a next version

Woodman

• This is an incredible synth, and the sequencer and extra features work with my synthesizer too. It is deep and I needed a little manual help to get to sounds and sequencing how I wanted, but it works on iPhone and iPad and the UI is easy to see on the small screen. I would recommend it more to an intermediate+ user but for those who understand synthesis or are looking for the extra sequencing this perfect.

The sequencer is extensive and personally, I love the 16 steps has 4 variations that you can either program (making it essentially 64 steps in a sense if you want to put them in a set order) or you can randomize the variations which I always appreciate. I need more time with the manual and tinkering but Woodsynth is an awesome app. It is really impressive as the sound test videos show.

• @woodman Thanks Woodman for your reply.
    All 3 of my questions are related to productivity and saving time during work.
    1: when I create sounds, a large number of their variants accumulate, which I then decide to keep or not. But more often they need to be deleted quickly, at the same moment, so that unnecessary things do not get in the way, and doing this through the browser takes much more time and disrupts the pulse of work. It's very distracting. I saw in video tutorials that in version 2.0, when you click on the “presets” window, options appear, including “remove preset”. I don’t know how this option works in this case (not shown in the video), perhaps it also leads to the browser. But it would be much more convenient to press this button to see the question “Are you sure?” and then YES or NO. And that's all that's needed.
    I have an iPad with Wi-Fi and it’s not always possible to use iCloud. In the Woodsynth files on the iPad, it was not possible to organize the user folder in order to collect my presets in one place. I can’t drag all my presets into this folder (in iCloud too), maybe I don’t know how.

I discovered another very useful function in version 2.0, this is “TEST” - quick access to the original preset without changes, as I understand it, but in 3.0 it is not there.
    2: when I click the “presets” window, scattered user presets and the “factory” folder appear. I click it, categories of presets like BASS, BRASS, CASE, LEAD, etc. appear. If I select one of the categories it becomes dark, then I select a preset, its name also changes color. Okay, I listen to it, but if it doesn’t suit me and I want to return to that same place to continue searching for a suitable sound, but I don’t remember which sound category I was in, the problem begins with finding the place of the last preset, which I listened because the category check mark (darkening) disappears. And I start wandering through the whole list. The preset itself has a mark, but the type of preset does not hold it. I don’t know if I explained it clearly or not. But this moment is super important in work. Maybe this is a problem with my iPad, but it seems to work well.
    3: UNDO REDO. I'm very glad that you paid attention to this. Without this there is absolutely no way...
    Such a powerful and high-quality synthesizer should not suffer from the lack of such familiar little things, without which a wonderful product becomes incomplete.
    There are other comments, or these are just bugs, but that’s for later.
    Thank you Woodman for your hard work.
    Oleggerand3!

• @Oleggerand : tnx for the extended feedback which is much appreciated.
    1. I removed the v2 menu "Remove Preset" thinking the Browse would be adequate. But it's already back in :-)
    2. I added a checkmark to each (sub)folder as well now so the path is easy to follow.
    3. will take more time but what would you like the "Undo" to do ? undo 1 step , undo all steps to the last selected preset, undo step per step (but then there should be a limit to the number of steps ...)

If you send me your email, I can add you to the TestFlight list to allow you to check the coming updates ...
    best rgds,
    Woodman

• @Oleggerand : forgot to mention : when you want to group your presets, you can directly create a new group (or add to an existing one) by adding the group name(s) separated by a "/" to the name like : "group1/group2/presetname"

• Any luck on that initial midi out step ?

• @dreamcartel : I started to investigate, should be in next update
    best, Woodman

• Has anyone used/know how to use the patch per note feature in WoodSynth similar to the afx mode on the Novation Bass Station 2 . This was a feature that I can’t remember where I read it, that got me to get this great sounding synth. So recently going back to it I pseudo got this feature kind of working in AUM, by assigning program change of different presets per note. But I want to create a preset that has patches designed per note. Cheers

• Following this because I also forgot this was a feature and would love to know more. Is this the only iOS synth that can do that? The aFX mode on the Bass Station is amazing.