Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tubes of Metropolis pack out [Test FRMS pack Dropbox link added]

edited February 2023 in Creations

The great @Gavinski has just done a nice demo of my first publicly available pack of valve/tube samples. I’ve mainly been prompted put it together as a source of sounds for the Metropolis soundtrack project, but anyone is free to download it and use them anywhere… I might put a mandatory payment on it later, but at least for the duration of the film score project it’ll be free on gumroad here:

https://krupa.gumroad.com/l/TubesOfMetropolis

Expect more in the future, including actual presets for multi platform synths/sample based sound makers…

The lovely wee demo is here, do watch it on YouTube for best effect. The gumroad link is also there so you can watch /listen, then choose whether to get it in that order 😁

Some early test patches for FRMS here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5fzwu78tcdi8tn/TubesOfMetropolis test2.fbe?dl=0

If I was to make a preset pack for this, which synth should I do first?
  1. FRMS5 votes
    1. DRambo
      20.00%
    2. Fluss
      20.00%
    3. Serum
        0.00%
    4. Pigments
        0.00%
    5. Ableton simpler/sampler/wavetable
        0.00%
    6. Quanta
      20.00%
    7. Noises
      20.00%
    8. Animoog-Z
        0.00%
    9. Other (I’ve been a bit exhaustive here but there’s bound to be more than one candidate missed😅)
      20.00%

Comments

• edited January 2023

Uh-maze-ing!! 🤩 Thanks mate!

• I think there are so many good sounds here Chris, thanks for making and sharing them! Also gave me a chance to finally use Sitala by @scotchi in a vid, useful app!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:
    I think there are so many good sounds here Chris, thanks for making and sharing them! Also gave me a chance to finally use Sitala by @scotchi in a vid, useful app!

No worries, I’m just looking forward to hearing what people mangle out of them!

I’m quite surprised that a few have voluntarily paid for them, I really didn’t and don’t expect that but it is most gratifying and encouraging. 🙏 if you are here…

• @Krupa said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:
    I think there are so many good sounds here Chris, thanks for making and sharing them! Also gave me a chance to finally use Sitala by @scotchi in a vid, useful app!

I’m quite surprised that a few have voluntarily paid for them, I really didn’t and don’t expect that but it is most gratifying and encouraging. 🙏 if you are here…

Brilliant to hear! And indeed I stuck a sample through Fluss earlier and it was very cool 😎

• @Gavinski said:

@Krupa said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

Brilliant to hear! And indeed I stuck a sample through Fluss earlier and it was very cool 😎

Audiothing Noises is my favourite with them at the moment, FRMS and Tardigrain too, I’ma bit lazy with Serum but need to up my game, Ableton wavetable is hard to beat for really quick usage and tweaking too…

• @Krupa said:

@Gavinski said:

@Krupa said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

Audiothing Noises is my favourite with them at the moment, FRMS and Tardigrain too, I’ma bit lazy with Serum but need to up my game, Ableton wavetable is hard to beat for really quick usage and tweaking too…

I have to admit that my demo contained a not-yet-released app by a certain much-loved app developer here. It wasn’t Noises, but will be a popular release I’m sure!

• If there’s another silent film soundtrack coming out, I’d love to submit something.

• @ccwilsoN said:
    If there’s another silent film soundtrack coming out, I’d love to submit something.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oi6UR0tkizchU2VwD77REsCkheTv-3ik4SMGNnZYKGA/edit?usp=sharing

is the sheet where you can add your name, though it's looking quite full. Depends how long the version we use is, and how much time each contributor covers...

this is the thread that it's being discussed on

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/53886/ab-forum-soundtrack-project-the-sequel-call-for-participants-to-rescore-fritz-lang-s-metropolis

• Btw, if anyone’s downloaded these and made something please feel free to share it here, or anywhere if you prefer it’s in its own thread, just be sure to tag me so I get to hear what’s been done 😁

• Damn these are great!

• I’m trying to figure out how to download, but I’m not seeing a download link on the site. What am I missing?

• @ccwilsoN said:
    I’m trying to figure out how to download, but I’m not seeing a download link on the site. What am I missing?

It’s a purchase process so you need to scroll down until you see the frame below, enter a number in the box (it can be zero if you want the pack for free) and then tap the ‘I want this’ button. You then put your email in and the download will be sent there, the great thing being you can re-download later anytime… I’ve done it this way for two reasons; one being that Dropbox links or other cloud services can disappear when the host (in this case me) moves the files, or deletes them, generally forgetfully or sometimes to make space and that just leaves dead links all over the place. The second is that I’ve been meaning to try and market some of these crazy things I’ve been making for a good while now, and this seems like a great time to at least get the ball rolling - I’m not sure but when the Metropolis project is over I might put a mandatory price on this, or just keep it free and release other packs. As it is, a good few people have decided to pay something which is really encouraging to say the least. Although I should say, I didn’t and don’t expect anyone to pay anything, especially considering the Metropolis project and hoping that contributors will use them in that… I hope this helps!

• I loaded up your packs in SampleCrate and it really helps to see how the ambient stuff can be assembled from these high quality slices of sound. I'm wondering how they might work against some orchestral composing to make something more cinematic. Staffpad lets you load audio files and manipulate them for time stretching and landing transients on specific places in a measure so it could be great for video projects. I'm thinking I might just take a couple minutes of Metropolis and make something... it would be really nice if StaffPad added a video channel for people wanting to align their music to a video stream. They do provide a time track based on some video editing standard so that helps I would guess.

• edited January 2023

@McD : once we have a version chosen, I am assuming @Krupa or someone else will provide a timecoded version, as we had for Vampyr.

Then you can use AU. video player https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/auvideoplayer/id1553676660 or similar to view the movie right inside any AU supporting IOS DAW, synced to your music. It ‘s what I used inside AUM doing my thing for Vampyr. Worked a treat .

• @Svetlovska said:
    @McD : once we have a version chosen, I am assuming @Krupa or someone else will provide a timecoded version, as we had for Vampyr.

Then you can use AU. video player https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/auvideoplayer/id1553676660 or similar to view the movie right inside any AU supporting IOS DAW, synced to your music. It ‘s what I used inside AUM doing my thing for Vampyr. Worked a treat .

This is the way :)

and yes, we'll stamp a timecode on the video, hopefully soon!

• This is honestly one of the greatest sample packs I've got, free or paid. Awesome awesome stuff.

• @McD said:
    I loaded up your packs in SampleCrate and it really helps to see how the ambient stuff can be assembled from these high quality slices of sound. I'm wondering how they might work against some orchestral composing to make something more cinematic. Staffpad lets you load audio files and manipulate them for time stretching and landing transients on specific places in a measure so it could be great for video projects. I'm thinking I might just take a couple minutes of Metropolis and make something... it would be really nice if StaffPad added a video channel for people wanting to align their music to a video stream. They do provide a time track based on some video editing standard so that helps I would guess.

Great to hear that you’re going to get involved McD, I’m sure you’ll do us proud!

• @sevenape said:
    This is honestly one of the greatest sample packs I've got, free or paid. Awesome awesome stuff.

That’s going on the testimonials, nearing 200 downloads now, I’m not sure if that’s a great deal or not, but great to think there’s that many people getting something out of my crazy little workshop 😁

• Send a pic or 2 of your valves here @Krupa!

• Fascinating. Proper mad scientist material right there!

• Totally, although a proper scientist might take issue with that 😁

• That’s pretty inspirational. Makes me want to go finish off some of my own stalled projects.

• @Kewe_Esse said:
    That’s pretty inspirational. Makes me want to go finish off some of my own stalled projects.

I was just saying to Gav separately that they’re never finished, I’m terrible at soldering and building things so I mostly just breadboard them up and record them. I really will get down to it this year, I promise 🤞

• What is the process for submitting a piece for the Metropolis project? This is my first go at something like this and I'm not sure what the process is. Thanks everyone.

• @ccwilsoN said:
    What is the process for submitting a piece for the Metropolis project? This is my first go at something like this and I'm not sure what the process is. Thanks everyone.

The submission list is closed! Already too many people. Try and jump on the next one!

• @Gavinski said:

@ccwilsoN said:
    What is the process for submitting a piece for the Metropolis project? This is my first go at something like this and I'm not sure what the process is. Thanks everyone.

The submission list is closed! Already too many people. Try and jump on the next one!

Thanks. Will do.

• I just got a notification of the 200th download! I’m most pleased with that 😊