Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Brian Eno on the new

Brian Eno shares a lovely message about the new in our creation process. Comparing those seeking the new as the cowboys, and the farmers, those staying home, tending the land, nurturing it, growing the food.

I love the analogy and am now wondering which I am, or what percentage of each I am.

Comments

• edited January 2023

ENO- cultivating the same territory since 1974 😂. I mean, I love him- but he really should listen to more music by other artists if he still thinks he’s doing things no one has done before. We be like, “Ok boomer”. 😄

• Boomer here. Enos’ creativity as an artist in his own right, and as a nurturer/collaborator of others talents, his ground breaking pre sampling sampling with David Byrne , his involvement in the Clock of The Long Now… I’d gladly settle for being as limited as that…

• @Svetlovska said:
    Boomer here. Enos’ creativity as an artist in his own right, and as a nurturer/collaborator of others talents, his ground breaking pre sampling sampling with David Byrne , his involvement in the Clock of The Long Now… I’d gladly settle for being as limited as that…

Boomer here. What she said.

• @looperboy said:
    ENO- cultivating the same territory since 1974 😂. I mean, I love him- but he really should listen to more music by other artists if he still thinks he’s doing things no one has done before. We be like, “Ok boomer”. 😄

He hasn't been slavishly cultivating the same territory since 1974 -- particularly when you keep in mind the collaborative work that he has done. I think you will find a lot more variety in his work over his career than you will find in most artists' portfolio. You've got everything from jarring cacophony to minimalism with trips into anthem rock, quirky pop, sampling and on and on.

He's had an important hand in the careers of a pretty eclectic group of highly varied artists.

Constantly working to seek new territiories and new ways of doing things doesn't necessarily mean that you every work will sound radically different from every other one.

If you think everything has sounded the same since 1974, you may have missed a huge amount of his opus. I find it kind of hard to see these all as sounding the same: early Roxy Music, 801 Live, The Unforgettable Fire, More Songs About Buildings and Food, Are We Not Men, My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, Evening Star, Remain In Light, Neroli, Music For Airports, Low, Lodger

and a lot has been left out.

• edited January 2023

Ok Boomers 😂

• Brian Eno has always been amazing at talking about music, conceptualizing music..genius of insights into the process. Unfortunately he is less good at what he actually comes up with musically.

• @looperboy said:

Eno had a great ability to take something somebody else was doing and achieve mainstream success with it. He is more the cowboy that took a trip to Germany met Cluster and made their thing his schtick.

• edited January 2023

Yep, @looperboy , you beat us boomers relying just on our old fashioned ‘evidence’, with the never-heard-that before catch phrase ‘ok boomers.’ Such Wildean heights of originality and wit! I am, frankly, in awe. There’s no coming back for us from a burn like that. After all, who needs ‘evidence’ (so 20th Century) when you’ve got a catch phrase? I bow down to your infinitely superior debating skills…

• GenX here. Learning more about Eno's process and ideas changed my ideas of what music making could be. Especially got me thinking about the role of the artist and process music. And I like his music.

• @looperboy said:
    Ok Boomers 😂

Seriously, if you think all his work sounds the same, you are only familiar with a limited sampling of what he’s done . I gave you an incomplete list of work that is vertiginous in its range.

Your response is a content-free put-down?