Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SFM Tutorials: mKer AUv3 Midi Step Sequencer

sfmsfm
edited January 2023 in General App Discussion

Achilleas Sourlas mKer AUv3 Midi Step Sequencer - Tutorial 1: Getting Started and Demo

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/mker/id1635296839

A great simple to use Midi Step Sequencer with lots of features…

The video covers the following:

• Introduction to the User Interface and controls
  • How to create steps on lanes
  • How to change lanes output
  • How to change steps via keyboard or input controls
  • How to connect mKer to tracks in Drambo
  • Etc.

I hope you enjoy the tutorial and find it useful.

Do not forget to subscribe.

Comments

• @Gavinski said:

Thanks, just updated the original post

• @sfm said:

@Gavinski said:

Thanks, just updated the original post

No probs!

• @Gavinski said:

Cheers!

Looks like this sequencer doesn't have note ties, which would make it great for melodic sequences. Maybe I'm wrong? The keyboard input for sequencing is nice.

• @NoncompliantBryant said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

Looks like this sequencer doesn't have note ties, which would make it great for melodic sequences. Maybe I'm wrong? The keyboard input for sequencing is nice.

@NoncompliantBryant said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

Tied steps should be coming to the release version any day now

• @Gavinski said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

Thanks, Gav. That's great news. This could be a very flexible sequencer once that functionality is out. I could see this taking on a LOT of sequencing duties. Appreciate the update.

• @NoncompliantBryant said:

@Gavinski said:

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

@Gavinski said:

Cheers!

Thanks, Gav. That's great news. This could be a very flexible sequencer once that functionality is out. I could see this taking on a LOT of sequencing duties. Appreciate the update.

Yep! And if you haven’t yet, check out Loadker by the same dev. Only IAA. But super cool!

• @sfm said:
    Achilleas Sourlas mKer AUv3 Midi Step Sequencer - Tutorial 1: Getting Started and Demo

I hope you will continue with more tutorials about this. It needs some in depth demonstrations.

• @Stochastically said:

@sfm said:

I hope you will continue with more tutorials about this. It needs some in depth demonstrations.

Yes they are coming, I have been waiting for some fixes…

• @Gavinski said:

This has been released, however no swiping on step action (tying / transposing) seems to work for me (iPad air 4)
    Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

• Does it only accept the “onboard” keyboard for setting the pitches per step, or am I missing something? It seems that it would pretty useful for it to accept the AU keyboard that is always available in AUM, for instance.

• What’s benefit from mKer over Drambo as step sequencer? I mean I like the interface of mKer, but realised probably I can do similar 16 tracks with different length by using Drambo as midi auv3? @sfm can you shortly describe benefits mKer over Drambo as step sequencer please?
    I like fast 8 banksx8paterns and mute groups for sure, and UI is clear in mKer.

• mKer has more options as a sequencer than Drambo at this stage… you can create patterns, clips and ranges… clips have steps as well, which are different then steps on the different patterns, of course you can also group clips per bank… there is something coming at some point for Drambo that will be fantastic and will enhance the sequencer capabilities a lot, but I do not have a date yet…

It also comes down to personal preferences… you can use both based on your needs…

Leo

• 😊 thanks

• Achilleas Sourlas mKer AUv3 Midi Step Sequencer - Tutorial 2: Steps, Lanes, Groups, Patterns, Banks

In this video we are starting to explore how to manage steps inside lanes, inside Patterns etc…

• How to read the status panel
    • How to enter steps
    • How to delete steps
    • How to transpose steps
    • How to transpose lanes
    • How to enter tie notes
    • How to select different patterns
    • How to select different banks of patterns
    • How to enable or disable different group of lanes
    • How to enable or disable lanes individually
    • How to change pattern switch from beat to pattern
    • Etc.

• Achilleas Sourlas mKer AUv3 Midi Step Sequencer - Tutorial 3: Outputs, Channels, Steps, Polyrhytms

In this video we are going to explore more edit controls including output ports, midi channels etc…

• How to connect channel by outputs and midi channels
    • How to transpose steps and lanes using the top panel controls and also the controls in the edit panel
    • How to select different output ports for each lane
    • How to select different midi channel for each lane
    • How to select different number of steps by lane so that you can create poly-rhythms
    • How to change the duration of each steps related to note durations
    • How to copy and paste steps and lanes
    • Etc.

• Man I’m digging mKer; it’s become one of my go tos in AUM for when I just want to jam!
    One question for anyone who might know .. is there any way to midi map the patterns to hardware?
    Thanks!

Device: iPad13,5
    Version: mKer-AU 1.6.0 (98)