Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis and Moog arpeggiator issue SOLVED

2»

Comments

• @ZooBaaDoo said:
    Wow it’s so bloody complicated! I know instinctively you are all right. It’s not plug and play for 3 year olds! As they say in the TV series The Apprentice ‘my search for my favourite DAW continues…’ I’m thinking of trying N Track Studio…..anyone have an opinion?

I'm mostly using my iPad as a 'sound module' and do the rest with Renoise, SunVox & Logic...
    ...some are happy with Loopy Pro but I can't stand it...

• jason said:
    did you hold the notes while playing?
    If yes, then anything with cubasis or the synth was wrong.
    because only very short notes were recorded.

did you use an external keyboard (MIDI) or did you play in with the touch screen?

Played with the touchscreen yes held the notes.

• @ZooBaaDoo , I tried this setup. Model 15 as AUv3 in a midi track. It records all the midi events from Model 15’s keyboard with no problem and plays back the arpeggiated sequence exactly the same way I played…
    No idea what could be different.

iPad Pro M1 11” iOS 16.3

What happens if you use the Cubasis keyboard instead? Do you get the same result?

• @GLacey said:
    @ZooBaaDoo , I tried this setup. Model 15 as AUv3 in a midi track. It records all the midi events from Model 15’s keyboard with no problem and plays back the arpeggiated sequence exactly the same way I played…
    No idea what could be different.

iPad Pro M1 11” iOS 16.3

What happens if you use the Cubasis keyboard instead? Do you get the same result?

I can play from the DAW keyboard no problem. I can pretty easily do what I tried to do by setting the Moog going with hold and arp switches pressed to on and playing from the animoog strips recording as audio to another track. But when I do this as an AUv3 and try to capture it as a midi performance it goes to pot. I’ve tried on other DAWS as well and they are worse than Cubasis (still my DAW of choice). It is a strange one.

• edited January 2023

jason said:
    do not use any hold function on the synth. you must hold with the touch.
    otherwise the auto-hold (i do not even if this is possible with this synth) would not record correctly.

Your RIGHT! It’s the hold function that sends it banana’s. It doesn’t quite sort what I wanted to do but you have definitely got to the crux of what makes it not work at all. Thank you. Cubasis is back to position #1 in my DAW of choice. Also works for Audio Evolution Mobile as well currently no #2 DAW of choice 🤜🤛

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2023

@ZooBaaDoo said:

jason said:
    do not use any hold function on the synth. you must hold with the touch.
    otherwise the auto-hold (i do not even if this is possible with this synth) would not record correctly.

Your RIGHT! It’s the hold function that sends it banana’s. It doesn’t quite sort what I wanted to do but you have definitely got to the crux of what makes it not work at all. Thank you. Cubasis is back to position #1 in my DAW of choice. Also works for Audio Evolution Mobile as well currently no #2 DAW of choice 🤜🤛

Hi @ZooBaaDoo,

Glad to read that the issue could be resolved.
    I would be happy if you could update the topic title accordingly.

Thanks in advance,
    Lars

• Many thanks @ZooBaaDoo - greatly appreciated!

Best,
    Lars