Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New SonicPlanet (Sinan Bokesoy) sound design app - desktop

edited January 2023 in Desktop

SonicPlanet just released Creation - a sound design app in standalone and plugin formats for Mac & Windows.

Dev is Sinan Bokesoy (sonicLAB) - he may have a bit of a poor rep here, but he does create some interesting sounding (and looking) stuff...

UPDATE - demo available on request:

DEMO licences : You can submit a 7 day fully functional demo request at support (at) sonic-lab (dot) com. Please add your iLOK account ID, and we will deposit your demo licences on it.

https://www.sonicplanet.com/portfolio/creation/

Comments

• Looks very interesting, would like to demo it. Is he saying his team have the abilities of Einstein lurking within?

• edited January 2023

If you're looking to buy this, there's currently some sort of issue with the iLok server (and that in itself may discourage you!) so may be best to hold off. It's annoying that there used to be demo versions of the sonicLAB apps available but doesn't seem to be the case for this one. I guess at least it's available as AUv2 / VST / standalone and not tied in to the Mac appstore and standalone only like StarWaves was.

• If the past is any guide that looks like 90$ to be an alpha tester. Yikes.

• @ohwell said:
    If the past is any guide that looks like 90$ to be an alpha tester. Yikes.

I believe you can request a 7 day demo - this is from the sonicLAB store page:

DEMO licences : You can submit a 7 day fully functional demo request at support (at) sonic-lab (dot) com.

Please add your iLOK account ID, and we will deposit your demo licences on it.

• It is - but it needs a powerful desktop and at least MacOS Monterey.

• @enkaytee said:

It is - but it needs a powerful desktop and at least MacOS Monterey.

So not coming to ios I guess

• @Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:

It is - but it needs a powerful desktop and at least MacOS Monterey.

So not coming to ios I guess

Hmm - possibly not but who knows!

One thing to bear in mind is that it's not a true AU / VST plugin - the plugin part of it is a 'remote console' which interacts with the standalone version. The audio output of the app isn't fed to the DAW by the plugin unless you use a virtual audio driver.

• @enkaytee said:
    If you're looking to buy this, there's currently some sort of issue with the iLok server (and that in itself may discourage you!) so may be best to hold off. It's annoying that there used to be demo versions of the sonicLAB apps available but doesn't seem to be the case for this one. I guess at least it's available as AUv2 / VST / standalone and not tied in to the Mac appstore and standalone only like StarWaves was.

The server issue is now fixed so orders (and demo requests) can now be made...

• Looks and sounds like StarWaves in a new wrap. I bought that app very impressed but then could not get anything sensible out of it (except for the demos it ships with) and long periods of frustration is not a recipe for creativity.
    A youtube search tells me that not many others have managed it either and most videos are from SonicLab themselves. It was (is) expensive but looked so damn fresh I, for one, could not resist. This one looks even better but I fear it might be the same issues (i.e only the dev understands how to use it). :)

• @Pxlhg said:
    Looks and sounds like StarWaves in a new wrap. I bought that app very impressed but then could not get anything sensible out of it (except for the demos it ships with) and long periods of frustration is not a recipe for creativity.
    A youtube search tells me that not many others have managed it either and most videos are from SonicLab themselves. It was (is) expensive but looked so damn fresh I, for one, could not resist. This one looks even better but I fear it might be the same issues (i.e only the dev understands how to use it). :)

It seems a little more understandable to normal human beings than StarWaves but like that app, it's based on a mix of audio and visuals which is one of the devs other creative outlets. If it helps, the manual is here:

https://www.sonicplanet.com/Creation/Creation_manual_Eng.pdf

• @enkaytee said:

@Pxlhg said:
    Looks and sounds like StarWaves in a new wrap. I bought that app very impressed but then could not get anything sensible out of it (except for the demos it ships with) and long periods of frustration is not a recipe for creativity.

It seems a little more understandable to normal human beings than StarWaves but like that app, it's based on a mix of audio and visuals which is one of the devs other creative outlets. If it helps, the manual is here:

I do understand how it works, well maybe not 100 but enough. The problem is aiming the bloody things :D :D to a satisfactory position and when you done that you don't want to move them again (joking -- with a little truth). They should have been coded for a game controller, I think that would have been a big help.

• @Pxlhg said:

@enkaytee said:

@Pxlhg said:

I do understand how it works, well maybe not 100 but enough. The problem is aiming the bloody things :D :D to a satisfactory position and when you done that you don't want to move them again (joking -- with a little truth). They should have been coded for a game controller, I think that would have been a big help.

Yeah - the positioning of the transmitters in StarWaves is a complete sodding nightmare. Out of the box, I've managed to create a couple of decent presets in Creation (without completely understanding what I'm doing - but that's usually the case in any music software for me...😁).

• edited January 2023

New video showing basic operations:

This thing is pretty incredible sounding - complex for sure but easier to understand and create patches than some of their other apps!