Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MPC one versus beatmaker 3 on iPad Pro 2020

I have both, but recently switched to iPad using beatmaker 3 and AUM. Reason being for me is that the MPC midi mapping is utterly unreliable. Anyone else done the same? I’ve not had many crashes on the iPad platform with bm3 or AUM and the mapping is more reliable and saves with the session. I’m relatively new to bm3 as well. The sampling side on it is really good. And to have the scene view for performing as well as arranger view puts bm3 ahead of MPC for flexibility.

Comments

• @kwontize said:
    I have both, but recently switched to iPad using beatmaker 3 and AUM. Reason being for me is that the MPC midi mapping is utterly unreliable. Anyone else done the same? I’ve not had many crashes on the iPad platform with bm3 or AUM and the mapping is more reliable and saves with the session. I’m relatively new to bm3 as well. The sampling side on it is really good. And to have the scene view for performing as well as arranger view puts bm3 ahead of MPC for flexibility.

Give beatmaker a fair crack and I'm sure you'll love it, the only thing I really missed was not being able to timestretch reversed samples which was an annoyance to start with but yeah you can get a lot done with beatmaker, the only other thing that chapped my ass was automation which is finicky at best, easy to record with macros but a pita to draw in, unlike the mpcs which is a breeze..