Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUDIOTHING | SPRINGS : Released! 1-Min Demo

13»

Comments

• @Icoustik said:

@BroCoast said:

@Gavinski said:
    This really blows Eventide Springs into the dust. Thnx for posting White!

In what way?

More settings, more flavors and variations, more drip, more boing. Eventide's is only modeling if I'm not mistaken, while AT Spring is a blend of convolution and modeling.

Yep Eventide is only modeling.

I can however get it in the ballpark with all of my real spring reverbs.

• Yeah I think I was a bit harsh on the Eventide Spring in that comment - I went back to it and had a play around with it and it has a lot more character and versatility than I had remembered. > @BroCoast said:

@Icoustik said:

@BroCoast said:

@Gavinski said:
    This really blows Eventide Springs into the dust. Thnx for posting White!

In what way?

More settings, more flavors and variations, more drip, more boing. Eventide's is only modeling if I'm not mistaken, while AT Spring is a blend of convolution and modeling.

Yep Eventide is only modeling.

• The attention on detail is great in Wires; the ‘noise’ function sounds different on each device, makes it very authentic and dirty if you want it to. Dialing down the pitch is great too, transforms the sound completely. Wires blurps and drips all over the place :)

• @BroCoast said:

For sure, I've used it for a while and I'm still going to :)

• @Slush said:
    The attention on detail is great in Wires; the ‘noise’ function sounds different on each device, makes it very authentic and dirty if you want it to. Dialing down the pitch is great too, transforms the sound completely. Wires blurps and drips all over the place :)

Yeah, mad attention to detail. I do just really wish that Audiothing plugins had forward / backward preset scrolling buttons!

• @Gavinski said:

@Slush said:
    The attention on detail is great in Wires; the ‘noise’ function sounds different on each device, makes it very authentic and dirty if you want it to. Dialing down the pitch is great too, transforms the sound completely. Wires blurps and drips all over the place :)

Yeah, mad attention to detail. I do just really wish that Audiothing plugins had forward / backward preset scrolling buttons!

Indeed, forward/backward buttons please! @audiothing

• edited January 2023

@audiothing Another small comment: I play a lot with the noise function, but it’s a tiny button and your finger will always be over the % percentage, so you hardly can see what you dial in. It would be better if it showed the % above the noise dial and not below.

• @Slush said:
    @audiothing Another small comment: I play a lot with the noise function, but it’s a tiny button and your finger will always be over the % percentage, so you hardly can see what you dial in. It would be better if it showed the % above the noise dial and not below.

Yes

• edited January 2023

@espiegel123 said:
    @Sabicas : thoughts?

Well, at first I listened to the “is this drippy enough for you” clip on page 1 and thought this is a rubbish app. But @el_bo came through with convincing palm muted spring tones. Sounds great through my smartphone. I’d be more excited about this if I hadn’t previously given up and bought the hardware tank.

• @Simon said:

If I was stuck on an island, this demo would definitely be my desert island listening demo.

• Can anyone comment on the processing drain from this? In particular compared to Eventide and Altispace, which always seem to be at the higher end? Thanks

• @el_bo that demo is great! Haven’t bought it yet, but definitely will.

@Gavinski I think it’s a difficult compare with Eventide, which to me is their take on a spring sound rather than any kind of emulation, and I just don’t think there’s much overlap between the two - I would use both for different purposes.

• @michael_m said:
    @el_bo that demo is great! Haven’t bought it yet, but definitely will.

It's nothing compared to the amount of help I've received here. But on iOS I'm so behind-the-curve that I don't have much to offer. Glad you found it helpful.

Also, remember that you can demo all of this developer's plugins on desktop if you have access. If these all get released, and at this current rate, it might be worth getting a head-start ;)

• @michael_m said:
    @el_bo that demo is great! Haven’t bought it yet, but definitely will.

@Gavinski I think it’s a difficult compare with Eventide, which to me is their take on a spring sound rather than any kind of emulation, and I just don’t think there’s much overlap between the two - I would use both for different purposes.

That’s likely true - Eventide Springs can be a great sound design tool indeed

• Just saw a story on IG, and Textures and Bubbles are coming next! 🙌🏼
    Can´t wait for Noises and GongAmp though 😆

• Hell yeah, I hope they end up porting everything. I really want Dials too

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Just saw a story on IG, and Textures and Bubbles are coming next! 🙌🏼
    Can´t wait for Noises and GongAmp though 😆

I can't say what the next one will be, but it's none of those. It nevertheless rocks!

• I look forward to SPEAKERS and MINIBIT from AudioThing if they ever release those...

• “We are planning to port as many as we can” Audiothing on IG :)

• Yeah I think they'll probably port the whole lot - why else release the freebies which, while nice, pale in sophistication in comparison to their later apps. Yay!

• Often crashes. iPad 9gen ios 16.3

• edited January 2023

Best contact the dev directly. I have also had crashes a few times while selecting presets. They have been unable to replicate but they have a tiny beta team really. So yeah, any crashes or other probs, contact them via their website

• Here no crashes so far, iPad pro 2021.

• I got only 1 crash with the lofi preset, when changin spring type.. in AUM

• Just came here—after a prolonged absence from the forum—to say that this app sounds so good and is so versatile it’s almost hard to believe. And I don’t even play guitar.

• @dvi said:
    Just came here—after a prolonged absence from the forum—to say that this app sounds so good and is so versatile it’s almost hard to believe. And I don’t even play guitar.

Haha! Yes, surprised this didn't get more attention at the time, guess maybe people see Spring reverb as a bit niche? Or could have just been Audiothing releasing a bit too much too quickly around that time?

• @dvi said:
    Just came here—after a prolonged absence from the forum—to say that this app sounds so good and is so versatile it’s almost hard to believe. And I don’t even play guitar.

Springs is fantastic, and I don’t play guitar either :D I hope it will get updated with even more obscure spring models, like the Grampian 636 (King Tubby!).

• @Slush said:

@dvi said:

Springs is fantastic, and I don’t play guitar either :D I hope it will get updated with even more obscure spring models, like the Grampian 636 (King Tubby!).

I would love that too. Also the ones in the Buchla Easel. Somehow the “modern eurorack” model sounds way too cavernous to my ears, but I don’t have anything to test it against (yet!).