Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUDIOTHING | SPRINGS : Released! 1-Min Demo

Comments

• Interested in this one…

• edited January 2023

Ok...So I knocked up this demo. Hope it'll be useful.

Turns out I actually do really love the 'Alborosie Dub Station' spring. Quite lush. Nice 'n' splashy, with rough edges trimmed off (A bit washed-out, but in a pleasant way). I tried to get close to the character sing Springs' model RE-200, with some adjustments and EQ in the DAW. Not sure it'd be close enough for others, but I'm quite happy with the first attempt:

Anyway, for those who love ADS, I still believe there're tons of options in Springs, with lots of ways to further shape the sound. It's a no-brainer, imo. Maybe compelling enough to own both ;)

The hi-hats aren't being sent to the springs, and each clip is being sent to a dab of Softube 'Tape Echo'.

Here are the models for each clip, in order of presentation:

GBS (mono) - 6 Springs (0.00)

GBS (stereo) - 6 Springs (01:21)

RE-210 (dark) - 3 Springs (01:43)

RE-210 (bright) - 3 Springs (01:05)

RE-200 - 3 Springs (01:26)

RV-1 - 3 Springs (01:48)

Spacexpander - 2 Springs (02:09)

SR-202W - 2 Springs (02:31)

HR-12 - 2 Springs (02:53)

Twin - 3 Springs (03:14)

Meza - 3 Springs (03:36)

HVS-1 - 2 Springs (03:57)

A-199 - 3 Springs (04:19)

REV-25 - 1 Spring (04:40)

RA-844 - 1 Spring (05:02)

Audition - 1 Spring (05:24)

Echo Box - 1 Spring (05:45)

Alborosie Dub Station (06:07)

(Modified to imitate Alborosie) RE-200 - 3 Springs (06:28)

• Cool demo! I think your version of the ADS sound using Springs sounds great BTW.

• @Gavinski said:
    Cool demo! I think your version of the ADS sound using Springs sounds great BTW.

Yeah, it's definitely a nice flavour to add to what's already in Springs.

• edited January 2023

@el_bo Great, really good demonstration of Springs quality. Lots of drip.

• Springs - Vintage Reverbs by AudioThing Ltd.

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1662610743

Description:

Springs is a collection of vintage spring reverbs paired with an authentic Baxandall EQ emulation available as AUv3 and Standalone.
    Springs features emulations from 17 types of spring reverbs, ranging from a long 6-spring pipe to a tiny battery-powered single-spring unit.
    We have used a combination of convolution and modelling to recreate the vintage character of each reverb.

Details:
    Universal: Yes
    Minimum OS version: 12.0
    Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

• this is a pretty good one, already have the AU.
    Do I always have to pay twice for my plugins in the future ?

• Nice sound. I miss a good Spring Reverb. I think there are not so many alternatives on ios.

• This really blows Eventide Springs into the dust. Thnx for posting White!

• (audio)Thing on a Spring :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:
    (audio)Thing on a Spring :sunglasses:

Sheer genius piece of work

• Drrrrrriiiiiip

• Thanks for t(e vid @Gavinski !
    Will bounce over to the App Store and have a go!
    Btw don’t you think Baxandall sounds really Belfast! 😂

• @id_23 said:
    Thanks for t(e vid @Gavinski !
    Will bounce over to the App Store and have a go!
    Btw don’t you think Baxandall sounds really Belfast! 😂

Haha! I guess it does a bit, lol

As well as raving about the spring reverbs in Springs, people also wax lyrical about the eq

https://audiohertz.com/2020/09/09/what-the-fck-is-a-baxandall-eq/

• This thing is such a steal at this price. It has pretty much everything you could want from a spring verb, tons of different models to choose from and most importantly sounds incredible. One of the more underrated features that is lacking on SO many reverbs is a separate input gain knob so you can treat it like a send effect but as an insert, super handy. The drive and eq do also sound great and the input bandwidth control adds a tone of flexibility when trying to get the verb to sit in a mix.

• @ronnieb said:
    This thing is such a steal at this price. It has pretty much everything you could want from a spring verb, tons of different models to choose from and most importantly sounds incredible. One of the more underrated features that is lacking on SO many reverbs is a separate input gain knob so you can treat it like a send effect but as an insert, super handy. The drive and eq do also sound great and the input bandwidth control adds a tone of flexibility when trying to get the verb to sit in a mix.

LOVE that input bandwidth control!

• Definitely worth the intro price, some really good implementation of controls with Springs great to get these desktop qualitiy plugins to iOS.

• edited January 2023

Really nice effect!
    I Flexible sound shaping.

Standard feedback / feature request
    No precise control over reverb length/time except by choosing a different spring… probably fare enough for authentic sounds but would perhaps be nice addition to fine tune or adjust to tempo.

• edited January 2023

@iamspoon said:
    Really nice effect!

No precise control over reverb length/time except by choosing a different spring… probably fare enough for authentic sounds but would perhaps be nice addition to fine tune or adjust to tempo.

Yeah, the choice being only long / short, or choose a different model, is a bit of a pity. Maybe was hard to model? Nevertheless, great sound and great variety
    Edit: totally possible - see Ronnie’s post below!

• And at least you have control over pre-delay, which can make a big difference

• edited January 2023

@Gavinski said:

@iamspoon said:
    Really nice effect!

Yeah, the choice being only long / short, or choose a different model, is a bit of a pity. Maybe was hard to model? Nevertheless, great sound and great variety

You guys are in for a nice surprise 🤓

• I just can’t decide if I want to do dub or surf rock first

• @ronnieb said:

@Gavinski said:

@iamspoon said:
    Really nice effect!

You guys are in for a nice surprise 🤓

Well spotted Ronnie! Thanks so much, I missed that one

• Instabuy! Indispensable for my dub addiction. The thing is, Audiothing fx are just top quality.

• Fuck yeah!
    Thanks @ronnieb <3

• @Gavinski said:
    This really blows Eventide Springs into the dust. Thnx for posting White!

In what way?

• @BroCoast said:

@Gavinski said:
    This really blows Eventide Springs into the dust. Thnx for posting White!

In what way?

More settings, more flavors and variations, more drip, more boing. Eventide's is only modeling if I'm not mistaken, while AT Spring is a blend of convolution and modeling.

• @Samu said:
    (audio)Thing on a Spring :sunglasses:

<3