Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anybody tried connect Virus TI via USB to iOS device ?

edited January 2023 in Hardware

Tried connect Virus TI Snow into iphone via USB .. audio works like breeze both sides but it don’t see any MIDI port in iOS (for sending midi from iphone into Virus) which is strange cause obviously Virus is usb class compliant (as i said audio works)

any idea ? Is there any setting which can be enabled just in Virus Plugin ? (i have mac version where plugin doesn’t work)

anybody managet to get working also MIDI ??

Comments

• edited January 2023

Midi requires drivers. The workaround ?

• maybe contact the dev of this to see if its possible?

https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/touch-for-virus/id1375045549?l=en

• edited January 2023

The midi drivers use licensed code, thus why its not included in anything. The patch base guy even says his virus editor for iOS won’t work over usb ( https://coffeeshopped.com/patch-base/help/synth/access/virus-ti).

Also doesnt help that he's (mr. access) done with the virus. He sunsetted it a while ago stating when it sells out, its done.
    (I keep wondering if i should just get another one now before that day comes)

Github is full of coremidi driver projects for the virus. 5pin DIN is still the only way to go.

• Some people have had luck with this:
    https://www.elektronauts.com/t/the-virus-ti2-desktop-made-me-sell-all-my-synths/48984/640
    (i havent, and a 5pin cable made music instead of headaches)

• That's crazy. I wonder why Access didn't make the USB MIDI class compliant out of the box.

• edited January 2023

@rs2000 said:
    That's crazy. I wonder why Access didn't make the USB MIDI class compliant out of the box.

well the virus was out in 97....usb midi was out in 99....
    he didnt change too much hardware wise that he didnt need to

you would have thought someone would have had a solution by now...maybe driverkit will help ;)

• I was part of the alpha/beta team for the TI series. Back then there were a lot of issues with getting the bandwidth needed for the plug in integration and communication with the synth without drivers. We just could never get it stable and or quick enough with the computers back then. Even with the drivers it was probably the least reliable "integration" I've ever used with a synth other than for just streaming audio over USB.

• @Tarekith said:
    ....Even with the drivers it was probably the least reliable "integration" I've ever used with a synth.....

no words more true have been spoken

• Honestly it made me swear of even newer variants of hardware integration like Overbridge. So much less hassle to just record everything as audio.

• edited January 2023

@Tarekith i get it. That kinda shit sells hardware. Reading the sysex appendix of a manual does not. It makes sense it was cumbersome when access 1st tried it….there’s no excuse for the time it took for overbridge to work on a mac…..if it even does yet….

I didn’t drop a buttload on a synth to dick around with a plugin…..

• thanks for answers, so din and external midi interface is only way, pity.. still great synth anyway :-)