Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Room Reverb (ElephantDSP.com) by Christian Voigt - Free

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1665662082

Description:

Room Reverb is an audio plugin that lets you add reverberation to your recordings.

Nowadays, people often record in very "dry" places, which is good for editing the recording, but leads to an unnatural sound because the human ear is so used to reverberation. Room Reverb brings your recording back to life by adding the desired reverberation.

Key features

• Mono/stereo to stereo algorithmic reverb
  • Many presets from small rooms to very large rooms
  • Undo/redo and A/B comparison
  • Parameter lock to retain individual parameters when changing presets
  • Separate level controls for all reverb parts
  • Stereo width control
  • Resizeable user interface
  • Built-in explanation of all plugin parameters
  • Easy to set up and use

Please note

Room Reverb is an AUv3 audio plugin that requires a host application like GarageBand. Simply open your host application that supports AUv3 audio plugins and add Room Reverb as an effect.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 13.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Nice one! Thanks as always mate.

• sounds really good.
    thank you White and
    the coder.

• @White said:
    https://apps.apple.com/app/id1665662082

Description:

Room Reverb is an audio plugin that lets you add reverberation to your recordings.

Nowadays, people often record in very "dry" places, which is good for editing the recording, but leads to an unnatural sound because the human ear is so used to reverberation. Room Reverb brings your recording back to life by adding the desired reverberation.

Key features

• Mono/stereo to stereo algorithmic reverb
    • Many presets from small rooms to very large rooms
    • Undo/redo and A/B comparison
    • Parameter lock to retain individual parameters when changing presets
    • Separate level controls for all reverb parts
    • Stereo width control
    • Resizeable user interface
    • Built-in explanation of all plugin parameters
    • Easy to set up and use

Please note

Room Reverb is an AUv3 audio plugin that requires a host application like GarageBand. Simply open your host application that supports AUv3 audio plugins and add Room Reverb as an effect.

Details:
    Universal: Yes
    Minimum OS version: 13.0
    Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Nice. I've always used Kleverb for this kind of thing, but this app is such a great solution.

• amazing news! thanks Christian! looking forward to HallReverb

• Wow, amazing quality! Many thanks.

• Curious if anyone needs this if they already have a few top shelf ios reverbs? Haven't had a chance to check it yet

• This is outstandingly good!

I have high hopes for this developer

• It sounds really gorgeous!! and is amazing for creating different kind of spaces.

• Little demo

Can’t believe this is free, it’s a really decent reverb

• If you select the ? In upper right corner you can tip the developer via IAP. Also can visit the developers website for the open source code.

• Did someone say FREE?

• Yeah - and that's why there seems to be little interest in it. Free apps seem not to scratch the appaholic itch in the same way as paid ones 😉 😂

• @Gavinski said:
    Yeah - and that's why there seems to be little interest in it. Free apps seem not to scratch the appaholic itch in the same way as paid ones 😉 😂

Some of the itchy-est appoholics are the ones with no money left!

• @Gavinski said:
    Yeah - and that's why there seems to be little interest in it. Free apps seem not to scratch the appaholic itch in the same way as paid ones 😉 😂

You can always leave Christian a tip via the app. This can be a $50 app if you want it to be! :smile:

• @willetsjm said:

@Gavinski said:

You can always leave Christian a tip via the app. This can be a $50 app if you want it to be! :smile:

Good point 😂

• Just tried it, it's great!

• edited January 2023

I like the approach. The developer did it for fun and (self) education, used a free reverb lib and shared his code. May help others to get into this section of fx coding.
    He had the courage to choose a straight GUI layout without overly pretending graphics. :+1:

• The gui might be the best part.

The only parameter I’m missing is a wet dry knob

• edited January 2023

A bit of a tangent for my own education, because I never seem to get this right: how does the GPL/App Store situation works out in this case? My understanding is that the GLP is not compatible with the App Store, but as long as permission* is granted by the code copyright holders, then it's fine. From this I also understand that in one-author projects it's relatively easy to get said permission, but in large projects it's near impossible or at least fraught with potential legal dangers, which is why there could never be, for instance, an iOS version of Surge XT.

*I'm not sure if the right term is "license"

• The developer added a tip IAP