Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Happy to announce new small album, je dors et dors

Happy to announce new small album: je dors et dors.

https://hearthis.at/frenq/jedorsetdors/

Enjoy listening, frenq!

Comments

• I like tracks 3 and 4 particularly.

• I love the variety of the music in this album!
    Congratulations, @Frenq !
    Enjoying this album a bunch!!!
    Thank you for sharing this lovely work!!!
    With respect,
    Rene

• @AtticusL thanks for your comment, nice you liked it!
    @ReneAsologuitar thanks for your comments and enjoying the album a bunch!!!

Also with respect guys, frenq.

• Great way to spend 18+ minutes. How to you create your ‘small albums’? Sound like real instruments but not 100% sure 🤔

• @GeoTony , thanks for listening and enjoying my music.

The answer is complex and depeding of the needed result.

1. I use mainly WAV 44.1 soundsamples (Have tons of them) on iOS (zoom u24 interface) in Cubasis 3.x and for PC Reaper 6.
    2. I use iOS pianos and synths and effects, too many to list here with iRigKEYSPro keyboard.
    3. On iOS and PC i can use real instruments as Korg Kronos and Korg Prophecy, Roland jv90 and juno106, Casio XW-P1
      and XW-G1. Novation mininove.
    4. Sometimes i use real guitar players and a real bass player and record them in iOS (Zoom u24) or on PC (Tascam us2020).
    5. Use Natural reader for IA driven voices.
    6. Use jamstix VST for drums. Use NI Kontakt samples for guitar and bass and synth libraries on PC via Tascam us2020 44.1khz
    7. For saxes i use my saxes (Tenor,alto,soprano) en an electronic device called AKAI s4000 windinstrument for trumpets and
      others both on iOS and PC.
    8. On iOS i have a zoom u24 interface with iRigKEYSPro keyboard to play the apps at 44.1 khz works great. The outs go into a
      tascam us2020 to a pc where everything comes together in Reaper 6 for recording, mixing and mastering nowadays. Here i
      have also my drumsoftware Jamstix and kontakt instrument libraries.
    9. When i'm on route i record and compose in Cubasis and transfer them in wav format to my main pc into Reaper et voila.
    10. For recording voices and instruments i use mics as AKG, Shure, Lewitt and others.

So on route i use iOS Cubasis 3.x for recording and when i'm in my home studio i transfer them (via iCloud or a fileserver) to Reaper 6 on my main PC with 64 gb memory and 5 ssd units. The main mix is then made in Reaper 6.

But i sometimes still only use my iOS IPad2Pro for the whole production, then i mix and master in Cubasis3.x with iOS apps, samples and effects.

To resume: I use iOS still a lot and when i need more i transfer it to PC for final result, tweaking and things that work better on a large DAW PC.

Regards,

Frank

• Many thanks for the detailed answer @Frenq , just need to google some of the apps / instruments / bits of kit now 😊

• Thank you Tony, i like your spherical very much. It is not about gear it is about feeling.

Regards, frenq