Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What if I don't want audio effect tails when toggling an effect?

Brand new Loopy Pro user here so forgive me if this is a dumb question or I have my terminology all wrong. I'm trying to set up a toggle button that will turn enable one auv3 effect and disable some others. It kind of works except that it doesn't disable some of the effects that are noisy on their own (indicated by their icons flashing rather than just turning off). My understanding from the manual is that happens because loopy pro waits for the effect tails to stop before turning the effect off - as would be useful for a reverb or delay. However, I would like to just be able to toggle the effect off when the button is pushed no matter what.

Is this possible? Thanks!

Comments

• @spiteface said:
    Brand new Loopy Pro user here so forgive me if this is a dumb question or I have my terminology all wrong. I'm trying to set up a toggle button that will turn enable one auv3 effect and disable some others. It kind of works except that it doesn't disable some of the effects that are noisy on their own (indicated by their icons flashing rather than just turning off). My understanding from the manual is that happens because loopy pro waits for the effect tails to stop before turning the effect off - as would be useful for a reverb or delay. However, I would like to just be able to toggle the effect off when the button is pushed no matter what.

if you tap to turn off an effect and the light flashes, tap again to immediately turn it off.

• I guess that's what I'm asking... I don't want the flashing behavior. I just want it to turn off the first time. Maybe that's not possible.

• @espiegel123 said:

@spiteface said:

if you tap to turn off an effect and the light flashes, tap again to immediately turn it off.

But I guess that doesn't help when one is toggling.

@Michael : it seems like it would be useful to have an option to immediately toggle.

@spiteface: a temporary solution seems to be to turn enable idling off. It looks like toggling the effect state happens immediately when idling is disabled.

• @spiteface said:
    I guess that's what I'm asking... I don't want the flashing behavior. I just want it to turn off the first time. Maybe that's not possible. In this specific instance I have created a button that toggles on one Nembrini amp and toggles off any other nembrini amps that might be on at the time. I want to just hit the toggle and be done and not have to check and see if whatever amp i was using previously is still flashing and needs to be hit again. Thanks!

• Yikes, is it obvious I don't post very often? lol

• Thanks, espiegel123. You posted before I botched my edits to further explain what I am trying to do. Thanks for the temporary solution - I'd like to try that but I'm not exactly sure how to turn idling off. I saw that in the manual but couldn't find the idle button anywhere.

• @spiteface said:
    Thanks, espiegel123. You posted before I botched my edits to further explain what I am trying to do. Thanks for the temporary solution - I'd like to try that but I'm not exactly sure how to turn idling off. I saw that in the manual but couldn't find the idle button anywhere.

Open an effect window and long press on the button that says on or off or idle at the upper right

• That still doesn't seem to work for me. The Nembrini 8180, for example, continues to flash when attempting to toggle off whether idling is activated or disabled.

• Good point! I’m about to do a new release, so I’ll pop that in there

• Oh, great! Thank you! I'm not really a looper (yet) and got Loopy Pro to create a custom interface for using and controlling my giant collection of guitar related apps. This will be super helpful!

• FYI in case it's problematic to implement, I did figure out how to get the function I wanted. Just added a duplicate "disable" function to the buttons actions. So, "Disable NA8180" followed by "Disable NA8180" seems to make it work the way I wanted.