Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Footsteps in the Snow

Simple GeoShred piece (no generative apps involved this time) with BeatHawk Fretless Bass on the low E string and BeatHawk Harp on the other 5.
Effects TB Reverb and Magic Dice.

Art by AI…

Comments

• This is lovely. I would really like to hear some of your solo magic on top of this. Maybe a slow, soulful sax, or a faraway guitar. Just a thought. Have a good one,buddy!

• Thanks @Paulieworld , wanted to keep it simple this time but will think about what you said 😊

• Some magical soundscape!!!
    Sounds like an opening to a great movie setting of a love story!
    The music is so soothing and have a feeling of romance.

• @GeoTony : beautiful performance, very impressed at your delicate use of this app. Are you a guitarist as well?

• Thanks @Svetlovska … played guitar very badly in my teens and twenties (40ish years ago), then developed psoriatic arthritis which knackered my hands up so I could no longer hold the strings down with my fretting hand. More or less gave up on the idea of creating any music until iPad / GeoShred came along and were truly a game changiererer for me. I think that’s why I create so much, it’s just a wonderful experience for me 😊

• That harp sound is fantastic and you’ve used it to great effect here. Watching the video makes me appreciate your performance even more.

• edited January 2023

One of your best, Tony. Glad no generative apps were involved (tho they are a valid musical tool).

I rarely disagree with @Paulieworld, but I think this is perfect. A horn would break the crystalline mood, IMHO. Very well done!

• Loved this too, and yeah you should go all Bach/Gounod Ave Maria on it and put something over the top :-)
    Looking forward to this appearing on Soundcloud so can like there.

• @Paulieworld said:
    This is lovely. I would really like to hear some of your solo magic on top of this. Maybe a slow, soulful sax, or a faraway guitar. Just a thought. Have a good one,buddy!

I agree that another recording with a solo on top would be wonderful. There’s nothing wrong with making multiple versions when requested and you have the time and energy.

• Many thanks @MadeofWax , @LinearLineman , @belldu and @McD .
    I treat GeoShred as a ‘real’ instrument @MadeofWax so any comment about its performance makes me happy 😊
    I will produce a SoundCloud version @belldu , much appreciated.
    Interesting how some want the simple unadorned version and others want something adding… I’m sitting on the fence at the moment waiting for the right lead instrument to come to me (if at all 🤔)

• What SWAM instruments do you have to select from?

I don’t think soloing over this piece takes anything away from it. I see the solo version as yet another work. Charlie Parker used to solo over orchestra recordings… I imagine many would love to hear what he added to the mix. Some are eager to hear what you can add to this relatively open canvas of beautiful sounds. It your not feeling it then just move on.

These creations roll off the page and into the bowels of the database.

• On SoundCloud now @belldu … feel free to like 😊

Art by AI…

• Yay. I listened, I liked.
    Somehow I hear a resemblance to Nobuo Uematsu's work with the Final Fantasy series.
    I haven't studied his chord and melody progressions in detail but know I enjoy hearing this style.

• @GeoTony said:
    On SoundCloud now @belldu … feel free to like 😊

Art by AI…

I love the sparse simplicity of this version. Sometimes less is really more. I’m hearing Pat Metheny, Jaco, and Joni Mitchell.

• edited April 2023

I came across this again listening to @Paulieworld. It’s a gem.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I came across this again listening to @Paulieworld. It’s a gem.

It definitely is.

• That is a beautiful lovely piece of music. Needed that today.

• Beautiful tune Tony! Nicely done!

• Thanks for the bump @LinearLineman , after all the rain we’ve had here the last few days it would be called Footsteps in the Mud if I did it now …
    Cheers @Paulieworld 😊
    @jo92346 and @Edward_Alexander many thanks. It would be lovely to hear something from you, it’s been too quiet from the both of you recently 🙏