Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Pozri" - synth track made on an old iPhone8 with random generated stuff

edited January 2023 in Creations

Hi

I present my first track this year. It was created mostly from random stuff generated by:

Beatcutter (I would never find out those "inhales" to be so cool without beatcutter ;))
SpaceFields ( background noise, but in this track spacefields were not the focal point, but last year I was dwelling 6+ months deep inside this app )
Riffer ( this is a beast. I just fiddle a bit with parameters , switch the random change every 8 bars or so and wait for happy accidents )
Filterlab, Gatelab ( to FX the Riffer stuff. Insane. )
BleassMonolith ( basslines driven by Riffer. I love monolith these days so much )
SynthMaster One ( the arps , fed by Riffer )

I will be happy to answer questions about using the apps above ;)

The beats - future drummer
Vocals: This is an audio message from my firend saying: "Look ( Pozri ), .. this is how it looks like"

Recorded completely on Iphone8 Plus - I will always prefer iphone than ipad. I use this old (and cheap) device now for the production, I have found it better to not to use my personal phone for this. Imagine, you are recording something, completely lost and suddenly incoming call kills everything.
The old device is pretty enough for this , though I have to keep eye on CPU levels but it is good enough. And, iphone8 is still capable running the newest iOS
Recorded in AUM, arranged on desktop. stems mixed and fxed again on phone.

Thank you for listening
fRAS

Comments

• Nice track. Well constructed and engages the listener. I enjoyed it!

• edited January 2023

Intriguing. Soundtrack to that European policier about a dirty cop with one last chance at redemption, undercover in Algiers… Nicely sinuous bass, and you’re right, the inhales make it…

• Brilliant!

• thank you all for your feedback. @Svetlovska , the story about dirty cop really amused me, I listened to it from that perspective and it worked very well ;)

• This is awesome!

• Excellent, loved the bass rumblings and the dulcimer? sounds from about 2:00. The inhales are pretty spooky.

• sounds like dulcimer, yes! but it is a preset in SynthMaster and riffer note repeats made it sound like this. cool enough, someone heard the dulcimer too

• Damn! This is a badass track, mate

• Great work @fRAS B) and the production is superb. Sounds like there’s more going on than just those few apps, sounds big and full. What apps did you use for the mixing and polishing?

• edited February 2023

Thanks for listening guys @senhorlampada , @wired2moon, not
    many more - fac maxima, AUM LP & HP filters and some EQ, but maybe you hear mastering done in soundcloud. I think the it is very similar to bark filter / trippleband but I assume Soundcloud takes care of the overall loudness. Or basslines are a bit quiet and therefore dont take too much energy. Anyway I am glad to hear it sounds big for someone :smile: Mixed in AUM without anything on master bus. arranged stems were resampled in Live (with a bit of filters automation)