Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Breathe" - Synth melodic track with Lucy Emvoice vocals

Hi

gone a bit political - so if you are a big fan of Boris Johnson, then not for you :).

The song is about the sacrifice of lockdown, whilst those in power abused the rules.

Using "Lucy" via Emvoice, I've tried to keep improving my understanding of what she can do, and I think the chorus has some really nice variation and stretch.

My workflow was to create verse/chorus basic chords in Garageband IOS, playing with Scaler2 IOS. Shift a WAV of the instrumental into Cakewalk PC, use Emvoice for vocals, shift the vocal parts back to Garageband IOS to fill out the instrumental/mix. All instruments are IOS AUV3, and all played via the touch screen.

for the video I used MovieSpirit on IOS, all images created on Stable Diffusion (installed locally on my PC)

hope you enjoy

Comments

• Very nice video.
    I love the empty streets and avenues.
    Lucy sounds so chill, very hip voice, really sounds almost natural!!!
    Nice outpour of emotions, a lot sad events, so many lives lost.
    Thanks for this beautiful production, and messagry.
    I love the inclusion of "mother"!!!
    You are an artist, and I love this work!!!
    Rene

• thankyou @ReneAsologuitar - really appreciate your comments. To have a musician of your skill , both playing/singing, encourages me to continue on this creative path. thanks again

• Hi. I like it, it sounds brilliant , vocals are stunning.

• πŸ‘

• Powerful message in this track. I can even hear some "emotion" in the Lucy EmVoice!
    Nice example of what can be done with AI currently. Very listenable too!

• Impressive, both vid and AI voice. Feels as much a glimpse of a (dystopian) future as an accurate record of the recent past.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Powerful message in this track. I can even hear some "emotion" in the Lucy EmVoice!
    Nice example of what can be done with AI currently. Very listenable too!

thank you, yes with Lucy, I feel I'm making more headway - either using the vibrato in key areas, avoiding certain words that she doesn't sing that well, and on choruses shifting her pitch , and also across words helps "almost" sell the dream :) thanks again

• @Svetlovska said:
    Impressive, both vid and AI voice. Feels as much a glimpse of a (dystopian) future as an accurate record of the recent past.

thank you - I'm pleased with the end result, but somehow I've got to try and make some happier songs :)

• @matdun25848834 : Bah! Happiness is over rated. Lean into the misery ;)

• @Svetlovska I just can't see Major keys :) Minor all the way :)

• Works for me…

• I think it's conceptually wrong to involve a useless political figure in your music/feelings: History tends to forget insignificant figures (especially when talking about a character like that man).
    I mean this track is really intense and will remain so even in 30 years, however, I'm sure in 2053 everyone will have forgotten about that mediocre politician

• @recycle I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

My music is driven by experiences and emotions, some recent (Breathe), some in the distant past (Across the corridor), and to help drive the song's narrative I find it helpful to focus on a clear image/emotion/icon. Concept for me is driven by people and events, some actual, some imagined.

Whatever anybody things of BJ, he was the head of UK government during it's most turbulent time since WW2, and is a very strong image symbolizing what went on - Brexit, Pandemic (slow reaction, bad initial advice, poor PPE, millions given to mates to provide PPE,breaking own rules etc. it's a long list). For me, there was a direct impact on my family - not us disagreeing with lockdown, far from it - the fact that we followed the rules whereas those who made them, didn't and then continues to lie about it.

So to me it's a clear inspiration for a concept, to let out my frustration and anger.

As for whether BJ is forgotten - I'm not sure - Chamberlain isn't - all he did was appease a dictator (some will say buying GB a year to build up arms), he was a tiny part what came after, but 80 years later, he's still a clear icon in history.

BJ is much more prominent in his "contributions" to what happened. It's not about whether he was mediocre or not, it's what his impact was, right or wrong.

I suspect he will be long remembered after my music is forgotten about (which it practically is now anyway apart from 30 views :) )

• Excellent from start to finish. The visuals added to the music beautifully.
    Should have squillions of views, not just the 40 (41?) it has now πŸ‘Œ

• @GeoTony said:
    Excellent from start to finish. The visuals added to the music beautifully.
    Should have squillions of views, not just the 40 (41?) it has now πŸ‘Œ

thank you, lovely comments - alas, my fame will be limited to my family looking at the old bloke in the shed who makes music with that fake woman "lucy" :)