Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Make acoustic drums without loops!?

Hello guys, I used to visit his forum a lot but only decided to create an account today, really hope someone can help me out :D
I used to make my drums on garageband, but the sounds are too limited, only one kit that "works" for me and zero customization. I record them by playing manually. It isn't as hard and stupid as it sounds, I record first the drum pedal and snare playing along to the music and then the cymbals or ride usually. Me as a real life drummer like doing this way because I make my own fills and I like to keep my drum tracks different and with personality, loops don't work for me. All the drum apps I have tried out that made possible producing manually the drum track by playing it manually, editing (fixing) the midi only had "digital" sounds, rap, hip-hop, eletronic music and that kind of thing. I wanna acoustic sounds, like a drum rock kit, all the ones i found sounded like crap (Cubasis). I have tried the DM1 but its clear that its an app for synthetic beats, only have a few acoustic drum kits to play and they don't sound marvelous. Besides that you can't edit the drum track with só many details like you can do with the midi editor on garage band. Anyone can help me out? All I want is a better way to record rock drums without loops and garageband cause it kinda sucks.

Comments

• Check out DrumPerfect. It can be a little clunky to use, but you get familiar with it pretty quick. It's the best thing I have found, so far, for realistic sounding acoustic drums. Good luck!

• edited August 2014

Alesis DM Touch contains some good multi sampled/layered kits, and it's completely free. Supports Inter App Audio. The on-screen interface will only trigger one velocity, and some sounds aren't available at all from the UI, for some reason. So an external controller is probably needed if you want to get the most from it, unless it supports virtual midi and can be sequenced (I just tried it out briefly with a controller, never really used it after that so dunno how/if it handles VM etc). https://itunes.apple.com/app/dm-touch/id873251694?mt=8

• Nic@jg707 said:

Check out DrumPerfect. It can be a little clunky to use, but you get familiar with it pretty quick. It's the best thing I have found, so far, for realistic sounding acoustic drums. Good luck!

Sweet! That is exactly what I am looking for, thanks! Sadly im not finding any download link of the IPA file :(

• Sweet! That is exactly what I am looking for, thanks! Sadly im not finding any download link of the IPA file :(

Not sure what you mean by IPA file...?

• @Barox802 said:

Sweet! That is exactly what I am looking for, thanks! Sadly im not finding any download link of the IPA file :(

Here's the link to purchase it:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drumperfect/id797220679?mt=8

• IPA file = pirated version = a no no on this forum.

• @Barox802 said:

Just to clarify. Are you asking for a link to a pirated app?

• Thanks you guys! Just bought it and its working great! Sono I'll post the resulta.

• summons the angry villagers....

• edited August 2014

@Barox802 said:

Thanks you guys! Just bought it and its working great! Sono I'll post the resulta.

A few dollars well spent. I didn't even know you could pirate iOS apps, but it seems like a lot of trouble to save a few bucks.

• I'm glad to hear you purchased the app. DrumPerfect may not be "perfect", but worth much more than the few dollars spent! Particularly if it helps you to realize your creative vision. I for one am eternally grateful to all the iOS developers who create these amazing apps that allow to bring my music to life... Just sayin'

• Good ending...I just tried to direct him in a ironic way.

@thatsRayor, IPA file is not necessarily a pirated version, is the app file. It's downloaded to your computer if you purchased an app from iTunes. But I know what do you mean.

Maybe I'm too much innocent...

• If someone felt the need to pirate iOS apps, perhaps they're better suited to the packing and moving industry. If anyone needs a connection, I know a few.

• edited August 2014

IPA file is not necessarily a pirated version, is the app file. It's downloaded to your computer if you purchased an app from iTunes. But I know what do you mean.<

I guess it's even what you have on your computer after syncing your iDevice with iTunes.

If someone felt the need to pirate iOS apps, perhaps they're better suited to the packing and moving industry.

Anyway, sometimes it looks like it could be the only way out. When some dumb shitheads delete their app you wanted to buy from appstore. Or that stupid "Sorry, it's not available in your region". Me decided not to, though. SCREW YOU, YAMAHA and your region unavailability. No Tenori-On for me.

• Yes, the packing and moving was a joke, look at the forum postings.

• By the way, didn't know about that Alesis app - thanks for mentioning. How could I forget about creators of HR16!

• edited August 2014

How has no one here suggested DrumJam yet?

• @boone51 said:

I have seen this app on a friends ipad but i didn't understand how it works, I don't know, the interface also seemed to be kinda amateur. Is it worth buying? Tell me about it.

• Much to be read here on the forum re: Drumjam, take a run at the search box.

• Worth buying for me. It's a bit limited with Rock styles, but I like exploring anyway.

• @Barox802 said:

@boone51 said:

I have seen this app on a friends ipad but i didn't understand how it works, I don't know, the interface also seemed to be kinda amateur. Is it worth buying? Tell me about it.

@boone51 Good question!

@Barox802 Check out the thread titled "DrumJam- not convinced. sell me on it." ;)

2 cents: Amazing app. Though it has full (great sounding, playable) drum kits as a part of the package, it feels geared toward non kick/snare/hat/h tom/m tom/L tom/crash/ride percussion. Which is a good thing since the rest of the world is aiming at that. Again, plenty of standard 'drum kit' stuff in there though.

• I like to lay down a kick and maybe a snare in BM2 and then add fills and other yumminess from DJ. I don't use it for the core beat usually, but it's great at humanizing a computerized beat.

• @boone51 said:

I like to lay down a kick and maybe a snare in BM2 and then add fills and other yumminess from DJ. I don't use it for the core beat usually, but it's great at humanizing a computerized beat.

Great idea! I will try this out. Is it possible to do this in MIDI in Cubasis? I'm having a hard time trying to play other midi virtual instruments into Cubasis.