Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sister Golden Hair, America 1975

edited January 2023 in Creations

"Sister Golden Hair" is a song by the band America from their fifth album Hearts (1975), written by Gerry Beckley.
Beckley says "There was no actual Sister Golden Hair." The lyrics were largely inspired by the works of Jackson Browne. Beckley commented, "[Jackson Browne] has a knack, an ability to put words to music. I find Jackson can depress me a little bit, but only through his honesty; and it was that style of his which led to a song of mine, 'Sister Golden Hair'."

I dedicate this song to all our sisters with silver hair!!!
My hair is turning silver, and a lot of our family members are getting up there in age and wisdom.
Respect and love goes to our elders and our loving family members who we tend to forget and take for granted!

Comments

• Speaking personally: age for sure, wisdom not so sure! You are single handedly reviving the 1970s American songbook, Rene! Another mellow, accomplished performance, thank you.

• Are you learning gene songs as you go, Rene? Or do you have a vast repertoire? I prefer “elders” to “elderly”. Especially now I am a bonafide geezer.

• One of my favourite America songs. Nice work. Inspires me to (re) learn it. A long time since I played it.

• The story I read somewhere was that Beckley was insired by the opening chords and 12 string guitar sound of the Beatles "My Sweet Lord". He added a few extra chords and the song was born.

• I really enjoyed the crispness of your guitar playing on this one Rene.
    I would get a kick if someone threw some harmony on this one since for me that’s an important aspect of “America”. The arrangements and performances made them a band and not a folk group.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Speaking personally: age for sure, wisdom not so sure! You are single handedly reviving the 1970s American songbook, Rene! Another mellow, accomplished performance, thank you.

++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @Svetlovska ,
    Thank you for the compliments and the wonderful 70's American Songbook comment!!!
    I would say, for the world of musicality, your wisdom and experience is much appreciated, and have grown tremendously, beyond your own realization.
    Naturally speaking, as long as one is sensible and focused, age and wisdom are together!!!
    Love your response!!!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

• This hit the spot <3

• Nice one, Rene! 1975... I was only 20. It doesn't feel like that long ago. Your music takes me back to people and places I haven't thought about for a long, long time. Have you ever done any James Taylor? If you have, can you repost? I must have missed it. I liked Fire and Rain.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Are you learning gene songs as you go, Rene? Or do you have a vast repertoire? I prefer “elders” to “elderly”. Especially now I am a bonafide geezer.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi @LinearLineman ,
    Now that you said it, "elders means so. much more, has more dignity and respect!!!
    I have a huge collection of songs with lyrics and chords, printed books.
    Plus, if there is a song I want to learn, then the internet is there to provide.
    I know most of these songs, Mike. Not as a repertoire, but as songs I simply like, and have played before.
    Lately, there are songs that are requested, and it is my first introduction to the song.
    This is great, because I can really put my own twist into my interpretation.
    At what stage(age) is a "bonafide geezer" be?
    Love your wonderful reply!!!
    Keep on making 'em great music, love your 2023 new release!
    Warm regards,
    Rene

• @ReneAsologuitar i officially became a geezer on Sunday when I tripped over a curb and fell on my face. The wounds on my forehead are my geezer credentials. All my life I saw elders with black and blue bruises from accidental falls. Now ikm one of them!

• Great attack on the guitar playing on this one @ReneAsologuitar and singing was full of life… nice one 👍

• @Ailerom said:
    One of my favourite America songs. Nice work. Inspires me to (re) learn it. A long time since I played it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @Ailerom ,
    Music inspires, and I am so happy to hear your lovely comments!
    If there is anything I can do to assist, pls let me know!!!
    This song is definitely way up there in my fav list!!!
    I simply love "America".
    Thank you so much, my friend!!!
    Warm regards,
    Rene

• I enjoy this and the other America covers. I agree with @mcd about the harmonies. Would you ever consider doing multiple vocal tracks on one song?Hope I am half as cool as you if I am around long enough to become a silver fox

• @Reuben said:
    The story I read somewhere was that Beckley was insired by the opening chords and 12 string guitar sound of the Beatles "My Sweet Lord". He added a few extra chords and the song was born.

++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @Reuben ,
    I did not know this "My Sweet Lord" connection, and I love it.
    Thank you for this lovely story and history of this song.
    Thank you so much!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• @McD said:
    I really enjoyed the crispness of your guitar playing on this one Rene.
    I would get a kick if someone threw some harmony on this one since for me that’s an important aspect of “America”. The arrangements and performances made them a band and not a folk group.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @McD ,
    Love this special comment from you, Dave!!!
    Especially, "crispness!
    Hoping that somebody reads and gets onboard @McD's "harmony challenge"!!!
    Truly a great band, indeed!!!
    Top on my list for all-time fav!
    Thank you, as always for your wonderful comments!!!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

• @rollin said:
    This hit the spot <3

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    HI @rollin ,
    You are simply so awesome.
    Thank you for the great words!
    I am so happy to be reading your feedback!!!
    Stay safe and keep healthy!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• @Paulieworld said:
    Nice one, Rene! 1975... I was only 20. It doesn't feel like that long ago. Your music takes me back to people and places I haven't thought about for a long, long time. Have you ever done any James Taylor? If you have, can you repost? I must have missed it. I liked Fire and Rain.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi Paul,
    I was 14, and in my prime teen years!!!
    You are so much appreciated, my friend!!!
    I love James Taylor, and I will have to study Fire and Rain, might take me some time.
    I am currently on travel and reminiscing old good times and place in Manila, and will not have access to my recording gear for a while.
    Love your support, thank you so much!!!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

• @LinearLineman said:
    @ReneAsologuitar i officially became a geezer on Sunday when I tripped over a curb and fell on my face. The wounds on my forehead are my geezer credentials. All my life I saw elders with black and blue bruises from accidental falls. Now ikm one of them!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I respectfully disagree with this assessment!
    Accidents do happen, and imho, this was one of those accidents.
    Pls be careful and be mindful of your surroundings.
    Stay safe and keep healthy in this pandemic!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

• @myapologies said:
    I enjoy this and the other America covers. I agree with @mcd about the harmonies. Would you ever consider doing multiple vocal tracks on one song?Hope I am half as cool as you if I am around long enough to become a silver fox

++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
    Hi @myapologies ,
    I simply love America, and glad that you are liking 'em too!!!
    How would we go around doing this multiple vocal track.
    If you want, you can add vocal to my existing recording.
    You are awesome!
    What are you thinking?
    Thanks for asking.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• @GeoTony said:
    Great attack on the guitar playing on this one @ReneAsologuitar and singing was full of life… nice one 👍

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi @GeoTony ,
    I am so thankful for you, Tony!
    You inspire me, and your comments really are so appreciated!!!
    "Great attack, and full of life" are so loved!!!
    Thank you, Tony!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• Another great rendition of a classic song! New strings? Nice guitar sound, excellent playing and vocal delivery as usual!
    There can’t be many songs with a 1,2,3,4 count out as opposed to a count in! 😉

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Another great rendition of a classic song! New strings? Nice guitar sound, excellent playing and vocal delivery as usual!
    There can’t be many songs with a 1,2,3,4 count out as opposed to a count in! 😉

+++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @AlterEgo_UK ,
    Thank you, as always, my friend!
    These are still old strings, and they last long!
    You are very appreciated, your support means so much to me.
    Love your 1-2-3-4 count out comment!
    With respect,
    Rene

• @Paulieworld said:
    Nice one, Rene! 1975... I was only 20. It doesn't feel like that long ago. Your music takes me back to people and places I haven't thought about for a long, long time. Have you ever done any James Taylor? If you have, can you repost? I must have missed it. I liked Fire and Rain.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi @Paulieworld
    As I try to figure out JT songs for recording, I stumbled upon an older recording which James Taylor cover in his American Standard album.
    I will upload it and share it very soon.
    This one is for you, Paul!!!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

• @ReneAsologuitar said:

@Paulieworld said:

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi @Paulieworld
    As I try to figure out JT songs for recording, I stumbled upon an older recording which James Taylor cover in his American Standard album.
    With love and respect,
    Rene

I would really enjoy hearing that. Love and respect to you and yours!

• Hi @Paulieworld
    With love and respect,
    Rene

I would really enjoy hearing that. Love and respect to you and yours!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

James Taylor is simply an artist, and his genius is so loved!!!
    Stay well, and keep making 'em great music!!!

• Rene, what a great performance yet again, thank you!