Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo MIDI import

In Drambo, how do I import a MIDI sequence?

Comments

  • I think you still can’t import midi files, so you have to record it. I might be wrong, but the Drambo pros will surely enlighten us.

  • Correct. MIDI import and export are not available yet, the main focus is still on the modular environment. It's planned though.

  • Ah, that’ll be good

  • edited August 2023

    I was looking for the same thing, I have midi tape recorder as an au instrument inside drambo, with a midi file loaded.
    Now what? How do I record to drambo sequencer? Must be really obvious but it’s my first time doing this… any help appreciated

    Edit: nevermind, I wasn’t using the correct midi port. It’s pretty easy, like I assumed

  • Here is my post on another forum:
    If it’s a multichannel midi file, open in cubase and save all channels separately. Create a new instrument in drambo, made from an instance of midi tape recorder and an instance of drambo (we call it d2) Copy - paste the instrument on drambo, on all the channels you need to play your midi files. Go to top right hamburger menu in midi tape recorder and import the midi channel you want to be played. To send those midi files to drambo for editing: Press record on d2, then press play on drambo. A new midi file is created on d2. Press stop on drambo. Go to d2, select the new file and drag and drop it on drambo. See here for more details, at 4:00.

  • Time for an update.
    The latest Drambo version now supports MIDI file import and export.
    Importing a multitrack MIDI file will catch the first track for now. Please don't hesitate to report how it works for you.
    In the current pattern (clip), tap on the clip properties icon and use the new Import/export buttons shown on the top:

  • edited December 2023

    @rs2000 said:
    Time for an update.
    The latest Drambo version now supports MIDI file import and export.
    Importing a multitrack MIDI file will catch the first track for now. Please don't hesitate to report how it works for you.
    In the current pattern (clip), tap on the clip properties icon and use the new Import/export buttons shown on the top:

    Multitrack MiDi import would be great.. Thanks..

    Edit.. Sorry, Importing all Tracks..

  • @RajahP said:

    @rs2000 said:
    Time for an update.
    The latest Drambo version now supports MIDI file import and export.
    Importing a multitrack MIDI file will catch the first track for now. Please don't hesitate to report how it works for you.
    In the current pattern (clip), tap on the clip properties icon and use the new Import/export buttons shown on the top:

    Multitrack MiDi import would be great.. Thanks..

    Edit.. Sorry, Importing all Tracks..

    Has anyone been able to get this work? I'm trying to import a midi drum loop (single track file) into drambo and it's doing all kinds of strange things but not importing the midi file.

  • @Coloobar said:

    @RajahP said:

    @rs2000 said:
    Time for an update.
    The latest Drambo version now supports MIDI file import and export.
    Importing a multitrack MIDI file will catch the first track for now. Please don't hesitate to report how it works for you.
    In the current pattern (clip), tap on the clip properties icon and use the new Import/export buttons shown on the top:

    Multitrack MiDi import would be great.. Thanks..

    Edit.. Sorry, Importing all Tracks..

    Has anyone been able to get this work? I'm trying to import a midi drum loop (single track file) into drambo and it's doing all kinds of strange things but not importing the midi file.

    Can you zip the file and post it here?

  • edited July 6

    Nevermind - apparently you can't import from another app like file hub. The midi file must be in the Drambo share folder. This is a bummer because all of my midi files are organized in sub-folders and there's no way to put it in Drambo this way... there are thousands of loops.

Sign In or Register to comment.