Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2 X 2 / About collaboration

edited January 2023 in Creations

These are two tracks @McD and I did together in 2020. Lately I’ve been reworking older tracks to good effect. But these are as I originally posted them. I could find nothing to improve. I don’t remember which one of us mixed these but they sound good.

The thing I feel in reflecting on these is that they are pieces neither McD nor myself could have made on our own. It sounds like both of us and neither of us.

Collaboration is invaluable. We are fortunate to live in an age of communication. I’ve been able to collaborate with McD in California and @JanKun in Japan. Even in difficult times things can be very good. Thanks McD, I do remember that you initiated both tracks.

I should also note that the ostinato in the first track was generated by PianoMotifs and McD allowed me to labor under the misconception that he had slaved over it. 😉😘🙏

Comments

• Beautiful stuff. Escher is one of my favourite artists so enjoyed the artwork on the first one as well as the gently flowing music.
    Not even sure I can categorise the second piece but I thoroughly enjoyed it 🙏

• I had to dig back into the Forum archives to recall these collabs.

These ostinatos are a product of the excellent Reason Compact “ARP” IAP. The second work here was something I also jammed over with the ostinato being more prominent in my version: