Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Elastic Drums will get a sister/brother, whatever called ELASTIC MELODY"

Just saw this on twitter –looks like some sort of sequencer/synth hybrid.

Comments

• I love these guys. Elastic Drums is absolutely unlike anything on the iPad, but as it's IAA only, I tend to reach for other simpler options. Supposedly they were updating it? But maybe this is the update? Hoping it's AU! (Because I'll buy it anyway.)

• Will only get if it's AU. ED is a classic but long overdue for AU.

• Elastic Drums rocks. If this is auv3 I'll be extremely excited. If not.... Nope

• AUv3 for Elastic Drums would be amazing. I hope this one is AUv3 at least.

• confirmed on the FB post that it will be AUv3 :)

• @drewinnit said:

confirmed on the FB post that it will be AUv3 :)

Oh snap!

• Ooh hello. An Elastic Drums update to auv3 too would be very welcome. I'm sure many users would buy it again in that format

• @Gavinski said:
    Ooh hello. An Elastic Drums update to auv3 too would be very welcome. I'm sure many users would buy it again in that format

I’d buy it at twice the original price to get that.

• Mmmmmm, very nice. I do love making crazy loops with the Elastic Drums sample player and the FX. YAh Elastic Drums and Elastic FX as AU would be so nice...

• Right on! Glad it’ll be an au too, hopefully they can update drums and fx with it too cos I love playing with those

• Looks boring as hell so far.
    I wonder what the big deal is?

I will wait and see.

• @CracklePot said:
    Looks boring as hell so far.

I will wait and see.

Haha, let's see. I guess because Elastic Drums and Elastic FX were both so good but weren't auv3. Particularly for EFX this drastically limited it's usefulness. So it's exciting to finally see the leap to Auv3. Anyway, we'll all have our chance to check it and decide whether we like it or not. The fact they're making it an open beta suggests to me they're confident the app is good.

• @CracklePot said:

I will wait and see.

Oh, I see the problem you’re having. You can’t hear the picture. Such is the treachery of images.

• @Gavinski said:

@CracklePot said:

I will wait and see.

Haha, let's see. I guess because Elastic Drums and Elastic FX were both so good but weren't auv3. Particularly for EFX this drastically limited it's usefulness. So it's exciting to finally see the leap to Auv3. Anyway, we'll all have our chance to check it and decide whether we like it or not. The fact they're making it an open beta suggests to me they're confident the app is good.

Oooh, I wonder if we can just drop it in the FX slot now and get those cool smooshy FX as AU now with this

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@CracklePot said:

I will wait and see.

Oh, I see the problem you’re having. You can’t hear the picture. Such is the treachery of images.

Pretty much straight forward looks pretty much boring to me.
    Maybe if I didn’t own any apps yet, but I think I have this stuff covered about 5 times over.

• @AudioGus said:

@Gavinski said:

@CracklePot said:

I will wait and see.

Oooh, I wonder if we can just drop it in the FX slot now and get those cool smooshy FX as AU now with this

I guess if you think their particular version of those standard FX are really good or unique it is something to wait and hope for.
    If you just like the UI XY pad approach, just use Popsicle FX or Turnado, or cobble your own together using your favorite AUFX and an AU XY midi app..

• Can’t figure out the email address to request a place on the demo.. this looks nice..

• edited January 2023

@CracklePot said:

@AudioGus said:

@Gavinski said:

@CracklePot said:

I will wait and see.

I guess if you think their particular version of those standard FX are really good or unique it is something to wait and hope for.
    If you just like the UI XY pad approach, just use Popsicle FX or Turnado, or cobble your own together using your favorite AUFX and an AU XY midi app..

Elastic Drums is a quick fun toy for me. The whole point is to not have to cobble anything together and to just have fun and make neat little bits. The X/Y pads on the FX are all set up, every parameter of the synths and sample player automates and is ready to go for happy accidents with super quick recording and dumping to desktop. I still use it for making sample fodder. So if this one captures all the automatey happy accidents but with a better synth under the hood (even just something like iElectribe) then it will be worth what I imagine is the price of a coffee and muffin.

• If it looks boring, don’t get it. Problem solved

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    If it looks boring, don’t get it. Problem solved

Doesn’t solve my problem. My problem is app addiction. There is no “don’t get it”, even for a boring looking app. I will eventually come up with a reason to buy it. 😆

• edited January 2023

@RajahP said:
    Can’t figure out the email address to request a place on the demo.. this looks nice..

the hand is @ the palm trees is a ,

for some reason

i’ve never lamented lack of AUv3, but maybe that’s just me. Stem export, performance mode, synths and samples, make it a grown ass groove box, playground, sketchbook, nearly a workstation

• edited January 2023

AT (@) and DOT (.) because apparently a fully written out email address can be harvested by evil beings. 🤖🦾🦿

• @Littlewoodg said:

@RajahP said:
    Can’t figure out the email address to request a place on the demo.. this looks nice..

for some reason

i’ve never lamented lack of AUv3, but maybe that’s just me. Stem export, performance mode, synths and samples, make it a grown ass groove box, playground, sketchbook, nearly a workstation

@anickt said:
    AT (@) and DOT (.) because apparently a fully written out email address can be harvested by evil beings. 🤖🦾🦿

Thanks..

ed🤘🏿mominstruments🏝com

• @CracklePot said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

Doesn’t solve my problem. My problem is app addiction. There is no “don’t get it”, even for a boring looking app. I will eventually come up with a reason to buy it. 😆

"How old are you, mate?"

• I hope AUv3 Elastic Drums follows, defo gonna buy this though.

• @ervin said:

@CracklePot said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

"How old are you, mate?"

Why?
    Is there an age limit for this show?

• @CracklePot said:

@ervin said:

@CracklePot said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

"How old are you, mate?"

Why?
    Is there an age limit for this show?

“I’m going to have to see some ID.”

• @CracklePot said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

I totally understand haha

• @Littlewoodg said:

@RajahP said:

for some reason

Elastic Drums has that, though likely short of a few other things that would qualify it as a workstation for you though.

• Say what girlfriend, lol.

Au midi 🤞