Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Live Guitar:Free updated

The free version of Live Guitar has been updated -- it has most of the features of the paid version, so you can check it out risk-free. If it looks like something that'd be useful, you can buy me a cup of coffee by upgrading to the full version. If not, then you're not out any money, and we're all happy (well, ok, I won't have a cup of coffee, which makes me sad, but I'll survive!).
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/live-guitar-free/id455702977?mt=8

The free version does not support Audiobus, and has only one internal sound (the steel string guitar patch). It does, however, have full MIDI out support, so you can try it out with whatever synth you like (assuming the synth does virtual or core MIDI, of course).

One of the key features of the paid version is unlimited numbers of chord sets (you can switch sets on a song-by-song basis). On the free version, you're limited to 10 chord sets, and the Twitter import of sets is disabled.

We had planned on releasing these simultaneously, but the free version got snagged in the review process at Apple, and required a resubmission. Anyway, they're both out now.

Comments

• You'll be pleased to know that I upgraded to the full version when Audiobus was added. Do you take milk and sugar?!

• Nope -- black, just like Mark Zuckerberg's soul!