Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2023 App Updates

Comments

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@cazel said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Moog updates. Minor but important.

cant find the new packs 👀

I don’t see them either!

Huh, I haven’t checked yet, if not in the store maybe they are free and in your patch bank? M gonna have to check now.

• Thanks @ninobeatz 2 nice updates there…

• @Poppadocrock said:

@krassmann said:

@steve99 said:
    This thread will explode on April 1st.

😂😂 I will be here with some popcorn

Someone fill me in on this… if you are allowed to that is… any clues?

I think what they mean is the amount of April Fools' updates. Like audio tracks for NS2, Sampletank AUv3 and BM3 becoming universal, etc. :lol:

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@cazel said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I don’t see them either!

Huh, I haven’t checked yet, if not in the store maybe they are free and in your patch bank? M gonna have to check now.

I heard back from Geert at Moog. He says they are stuck in Apple’s approval process and should show up soon.

@Poppadocrock said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@cazel said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I don’t see them either!

I heard back from Geert at Moog. He says they are stuck in Apple’s approval process and should show up soon.

Great to know. Thanks.

• @senhorlampada said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@krassmann said:

@steve99 said:
    This thread will explode on April 1st.

😂😂 I will be here with some popcorn

Someone fill me in on this… if you are allowed to that is… any clues?

I think what they mean is the amount of April Fools' updates. Like audio tracks for NS2, Sampletank AUv3 and BM3 becoming universal, etc. :lol:

I considered that a possibility but once a few others commented I thought maybe something was coming, lol.

• edited January 2023

Imaginando's wonderfully dirty DRC virtual analog synth had this to say:

2.9.3. Jan 10, 2023

• New Iconic Sounds Vol. 4 preset pack

@Poppadocrock said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@cazel said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I don’t see them either!

thanks I thought I had gone crazy not to find them😂😂😂🤯

• There’s been a lot of app updates, too many to post about.

Jens Guell just Updated at least 17 of his public betas. To find access go to one of his apps, click the info button and select open public Beta’s.

Or

Go to his website to beta test some of the apps he must be super busy working on..
    Midi Digitster

• For anyone that hasn’t seen it: Wavebox editor added a feature in an update where you can autoslice and send directly to Dawnbeat

• @HotStrange said:
    For anyone that hasn’t seen it: Wavebox editor added a feature in an update where you can autoslice and send directly to Dawnbeat

I did see that. Thanks for sharing. I forgot about it.

• Few recent updates.

• Sonobus update

• Scaler 2 update

• Piano motifs added velocity

• These two updates seem useful

• DO NOT UPDATE Koala!

Koala update (1.4068) keeps crashing.

The developer, Marek, is very good and I'm sure he will put out a fix very quickly. Wait a few days until it appears before updating.

• edited January 2023

@Poppadocrock said:
    These two updates seem useful

This is now officially my favourite music station - http://104.167.4.67:8215/stream
    (discovered using the random button in Radio Audio Unit)

• @Simon said:
    DO NOT UPDATE Koala!

Koala update (1.4068) keeps crashing.

The developer, Marek, is very good and I'm sure he will put out a fix very quickly. Wait a few days until it appears before updating.

EDIT: the dev said a fixed update has been sent to Apple and should be out in a day or two.

• kq minisynth
    v3.1

Added modules:
    -Curve Function
    -Multiplier
    -All-Pass Filter

Changed modules:
    -Custom Controller
    Added Clock, Start/Stop State, Pitchbend, and Aftertouch.

New features:
    -Breath Source: Added an option that inbound CC#11, CC#7, or Aftertouch is treated as CC#2.

Bug fixes:
    -Fixed a layout issue on iOS 12.x.
    -Ableton Link now works. It did not work on iOS 14 or later.
    -Fixed some descriptions

• tonality
    v10.1

Chord Pads:

• Import and export Scaler chord sets (XML format) 🍿
    • Export chord pads directly without first saving as a preset
    • Drag and drop Tonality chord pad presets (.chordPadPreset) and Scaler chord sets (.xml) onto any chord pad to insert into the current pad set 🧠
    • Bulk export and delete presets
    • Update Patchstorage API

Chord ID:

• Drag and drop the notes detected by the mic onto chord pads (or other apps supporting MIDI drag and drop)

Circle of Fifths:

• Add MIDI thru to audio unit

General:

• Improve tutorial help text
    • Fix chord palette positioning on newer iPads when using slide over mode

——————————
    Previously in 10.0:
    ——————————

Chord ID:

• Chord identification via microphone has been improved using a new, cutting-edge machine learning algorithm!
    • This feature is now available as a search mode on the main chords tab. Access by tapping the magnifying glass icon and selecting “microphone”. The old chord ID tab has been removed.
  • Yea love this update @cazel cheers.

• future drummer
    v 1.60
    Send & Receive grooves to/from other Drummers
    New Measure Options with Odd Times
    Measure Selector
    New Groove Editor with changing Sound Buttons
    Added Sound Buttons to Groove Editor & Mixer
    Improved jamming algorithms
    More little improvements and bugs fixed

• The 4Pockets synth Copperhead just had a massive update, new fx, etc… almost a whole screen of information in the version notes.

• I’m currently fantasising about Copperhead becoming an extremely powerful Groovebox. Might not be so far from the truth.

• @scrape said:
    I’m currently fantasising about Copperhead becoming an extremely powerful Groovebox. Might not be so far from the truth.

Haven’t bought this one yet but am definitely planning on it soon.

• @HotStrange said:

@scrape said:
    I’m currently fantasising about Copperhead becoming an extremely powerful Groovebox. Might not be so far from the truth.

It’s better than I anticipated. Not a ton of patches but Paul added some in a recent update. 4P has sales pretty regularly. I’ve actually noticed he’s been doing 4 apps every Friday. So maybe one of these upcoming weekends you’ll get an opportunity.

• Just Chords added AUv3 approximately 3 weeks ago. I totally missed it. Haven’t tried it yet, so not sure how it will work, but hopefully it’s useful.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@HotStrange said:

@scrape said:

It’s better than I anticipated. Not a ton of patches but Paul added some in a recent update. 4P has sales pretty regularly. I’ve actually noticed he’s been doing 4 apps every Friday. So maybe one of these upcoming weekends you’ll get an opportunity.

This is one of those where I initially no-sold it based on Doug playing the presets…and this apparently is one of those where the presets don’t give a good example of what the capabilities are. Watching NuTrix’s in-depth video and this puppy is deep but in a way that’s still very accessible . It has both subtractive AND additive properties (multiplication synth? Lol) …the user defined wave is a pretty nifty feature

• @Fear2Stop said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@HotStrange said:

@scrape said:

This is one of those where I initially no-sold it based on Doug playing the presets…and this apparently is one of those where the presets don’t give a good example of what the capabilities are. Watching NuTrix’s in-depth video and this puppy is deep but in a way that’s still very accessible . It has both subtractive AND additive properties (multiplication synth? Lol) …the user defined wave is a pretty nifty feature

Additive plus subtractive equals null?