Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vocal Tune PRO by Davy Wentzler

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1660442751

Description:

Vocal Tune PRO is a real-time pitch correction effect. Use it in your favourite DAW to auto tune your vocals or other monophonic audio.

After selecting the right key and scale, set the retune amount and retune speed to adjust between a natural effect or a more processed/robotic effect as can be heard in modern productions. To bring some life back to heavily auto tuned melodies, you can add artificial vibrato with settings for the vibrato depth, rate, time between the start of a note and the onset of vibrato and the time it takes for the vibrato to reach full depth.

Vocal Tune PRO comes as an Audio Unit plug-in and must be run inside a host app such as Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria Pro, Cubasis, etc. supporting AU Music Effects (audio effects + MIDI). Although you can run it stand-alone as a real-time effect with mic input, it's best to use it within host software.

The app is free to download and has a 3-day trial. During this trial, silence will be played occasionally. To unlock full functionality, an in-app purchase is required.

Also have a look at the vocal pitch and time editor inside our DAW, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio!

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 11.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• He did it. As he said he would. Great dev.

• @dwrae purchased. Can’t wait for Studio AUv3 🔥

• @dwrae while I’m glad to pay less, this price is ridiculously low.
    Thanks for the release, I hope you make a killing off of it.

• @dwrae many thanks for releasing this as a plugin. My medicare-aged vocals need all the tuning they can get.

• edited January 2023

Thanks. Since the in-app purchase flow wasn't guaranteed to work in the actual officially released version, I didn't want to write about it yet in forums etc., but if you didn't have any problems with it, I guess it works. :)

@bargale
    It's an introduction offer for the first weeks. Not sure how much demand there is since many DAWs have their own tuning plug-in, but we'll see.

• @dwrae said:
    Thanks. Since the in-app purchase flow wasn't guaranteed to work in the actual officially released version, I didn't want to write about it yet in forums etc., but if you didn't have any problems with it, I guess it works. :)

@bargale
    It's an introduction offer for the first weeks. Not sure how much demand there is since many DAWs have their own tuning plug-in, but we'll see.

I'll buy it anyways to support you.

• Thanks everybody for purchasing!

• Bruh! this was what iOS was missing! Thanks @dwrae !!!

I bought it on AEM and will buy again standalone!

• Is it possible to force a correction with midi?

• Thank you!!!

Live retuning my 0Coast in AUM and being able to easily drop notes from the scale is super fun - it's not an exact science and that is what seems to create all the lovely sonic extras :smiley:

• edited January 2023

@cokomairena said:
    Is it possible to force a correction with midi?

It responds to MIDI input, yes. Please note that your DAW needs to support this.

• edited January 2023

Ok I’m a little confused, is this a pitch correction app like Autotune or a pitch correction editor like Melodyne? I’m definitely looking for a Melodyne like pitch editor as an auv3, that would be an instabuy. From what I can tell it looks more like an Autotune type effect?

• @Strizbiz said:
    Ok I’m a little confused, is this a pitch correction app like Autotune or a pitch correction editor like Melodyne? I’m definitely looking for a Melodyne like pitch editor as an auv3, that would be an instabuy

Autotune. A pitch editor is available as in-app purchase within Audio Evolution Mobile Studio.

• @dwrae said:

@Strizbiz said:
    Ok I’m a little confused, is this a pitch correction app like Autotune or a pitch correction editor like Melodyne? I’m definitely looking for a Melodyne like pitch editor as an auv3, that would be an instabuy

Autotune. A pitch editor is available as in-app purchase within Audio Evolution Mobile Studio.

Oh ok, I do own Audio Evolution but I’d prefer a pitch editor as an auv3. I hope you’ll consider it someday.

• edited January 2023

Here are some of the straplines rejected by the marketing team...

"Only 6.99?! Cher-ly you're not serious!"
    "That means you only need 'jiggle jiggle' money - not the kind that folds"
    "At this price it won't cause any T-Pain to your wallet"
    "A real investment for your Future"
    "You'd be a Daft Punk to sleep on this one"
    "Well Yeezy that sounds sweet"

https://media.tenor.com/WwnjSDXBLi4AAAAC/ba-dumm.gif

• @Strizbiz said:

@dwrae said:

@Strizbiz said:

Oh ok, I do own Audio Evolution but I’d prefer a pitch editor as an auv3. I hope you’ll consider it someday.

It's more complicated to make, but perhaps some day indeed. An integrated version is always easier since you don't need to record the audio into the plug-in first (or by other means).

• @tk32 said:

:)

It's a strange world. It seems people are willing to pay more for a plug-in than a DAW which was worked on for over 10 years and literally has 1000+ times more features.

• edited January 2023

@dwrae said:
    It's a strange world. It seems people are willing to pay more for a plug-in than a DAW which was worked on for over 10 years and literally has 1000+ times more features.

Very sad indeed... and I fear... possibly true.

No wonder most DAW development on iOS calcified around 2018/19.

I salute you for your active development on AEMS. I hope you get a small passive income that makes it (in some way) worth all your efforts.

• @dwrae said:

@tk32 said:

Lol, yeah, it’s moreso that some people ,myself included don’t use just one Daw exclusively and even though a Daw might have a lot more feature than another it still might not be the perfect fit or have the most comfortable workflow for some. Also different Daws bring out different things, I might lean towards one Daw for one type of music and something else for other types of stuff, I also have 5 different desktop Daws lol 🤷🏽‍♂️

• @dwrae said:

@Strizbiz said:

@dwrae said:

@Strizbiz said:

It's more complicated to make, but perhaps some day indeed. An integrated version is always easier since you don't need to record the audio into the plug-in first (or by other means).

I’m sure it is, tbh I don’t record a lot of vocals on my IPad, I usually use ProTools or Logic Pro and I use Melodyne sometimes to fix an artist vocals. It also has DNA which I’m sure you know about, I can’t imagine that being an easy thing to pull off.

• @dwrae said:

@tk32 said:

I will be super blunt here, AEM is very feture rich, BUT is lacking heavily on UX, if you could make it better to work in it would be a winner!

I would focus the development in making what AEM already has works faster and cohesively.

You have an OUTSTANDING daw, but it's cumbersome to use.

• @cokomairena said:
    I would focus the development in making what AEM already has works faster and cohesively.

No problem, it's just that I believe it's what you are used to and one needs to get used to a certain DAW's workflow. There are plenty of examples where things are more cumbersome in Cubasis compared to AEMS. But I always appreciate feedback, it's just that 'it's cumbersome to use' has no actionable value. You would really need to get very specific, otherwise it's of no use for me.

• @dwrae said:

@cokomairena said:

No problem, it's just that I believe it's what you are used to and one needs to get used to a certain DAW's workflow. There are plenty of examples where things are more cumbersome in Cubasis compared to AEMS. But I always appreciate feedback, it's just that 'it's cumbersome to use' has no actionable value. You would really need to get very specific, otherwise it's of no use for me.

I understand, It's not about the workflow, I find the workflow fine most of the time, is just about some anoying UI experiences.

I will give you concrete feedback when I have the time, thanks for not taking it personal. We all want AEM to grow!

• @cokomairena said:
    I will give you concrete feedback when I have the time, thanks for not taking it personal. We all want AEM to grow!

Hey, user feedback is very important for the app to improve, so it's always welcome, as long as it's detailed/specific. And I have done UI changes in the past which were surely for the better, but upset many users because they were used to things as they were, so it's not always easy to introduce change.

• @dwrae said:

@cokomairena said:

That's a fair point. On the other hand, I'm not sure how I could offer you more value with my feedback, which could be summed up as "AEM is the only DAW on iOS that I wasn't able to figure out at any level just by opening it". I believe it's along the lines of what @cokomairena said about the UX, but I can see it's also very subjective and probably also doesn't provide anything actionable. I don't know how to specify it though, as it really is about the experience in general, not what a specific knob does or doesn't do etc.

It's fascinating to follow here how much you work on it and keep engaging with your users, really exceptional. Huge respect. I wish the app was a little more inviting - see I do that non-actionable BS again. 🙂

• @dwrae
    The first thing I’d change is the need to download a soundfont to use instruments.
    I tried downloading it 3 times and it got stuck until I just read that it need to have at least one sfz to let you use other instruments and skip this downloading process.

This really made me waste a lot of time.
    So, maybe make it optional? I mean, aem already has a built in synth and can load plugins.

• Developer of the Year. Pick your year.

• @bargale said:
    @dwrae
    The first thing I’d change is the need to download a soundfont to use instruments.
    I tried downloading it 3 times and it got stuck until I just read that it need to have at least one sfz to let you use other instruments and skip this downloading process.

This really made me waste a lot of time.
    So, maybe make it optional? I mean, aem already has a built in synth and can load plugins.

that's true, or maybe include only one basic soundfont might be a good compromise. maybe an small epiano

• @dwrae I'm think that the Mixolydian scales may be wrong. Isn't mixolydian the same as the major but with a flattened 7th ?

e.g. C Major = C,D,E,F,G,A,B,C
    C Mixolydian = C,D,E,F,G,A,Bb,C

on VT Pro C Mixolydian is showing as C,D,Eb,F,G,Ab,Bb,C

I can use chromatic and manually turn off the notes I don't want to get scale I need as a workaround, but having the scales working correctly would be good.