Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to switch incoming MIDI CC (from a controller) to another in AUM ?

Hi, I guess it must be a simple task with Mozaic or Streambyter but I really don’t know how to use these. My goal is this : I mapped FAC Drumkit for Drambo. Now I just need to control FAC Drumkit mixer with my BeatStep Pro, without changing anything else. And my BSP knobs don’t match the FAC mixer’s CCs. Of course I could use the BeatStep Editor bon my computer to make this work but I’m guessing between AUM filtering system and apps like Mozaic there must be a quicker and simpler solution.
So, just to summarize, when I use my BeatStep Pro knob it sends CC 24 on channel 10 and I need to change this value to CC 3 on channel 1.
(Just for information, the MIDI CCs on FAC Drumkit are mapped on there own channel..)
Thank you for your help!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited January 2023

[edit] nvm. Misread your post.

• @wim said:
    [edit] nvm. Misread your post.

I’ll tried to make it simpler with the limit of my English knowledge:-)
    Is there a way to change (or transpose if you prefer) an incoming MIDI CC for another one ?
    Exemple : when I turn a knob on my MIDI controller which sends a CC 14 on channel 10, I want the destination app “understand” this command as if it was a CC 24 on channel 1.
    It’s like a note transpososition but for midi CCs…

• mfxConvert can do this for you without any coding.

Route the Beatstep to mfxConvert and mfxConvert to what you want to control. Engage the Learn button and turn a knob. Now, on the right side tell it what you need the message to be. Repeat for each knob. Save as a preset for future use.

• Exactly for that scenario I have build different mapping sets in Mozaic. I could upload a sample/template later this day to Patchstorage.

I have also configured all my controllers to fixed CCs that I later map to the actual CCs, but in my case mostly for external gear.

• @cyril777 You could also change the controller settings using Arturia's MIDI Control Center if that's an option for you.

• @rs2000 said:
    @cyril777 You could also change the controller settings using Arturia's MIDI Control Center if that's an option for you.

But:

• MCC does not run on iPad
    • you can only manage one controller mapping
    • when you want to use a second/alternative controller you have to configure that twice or more
  • @os68ng said:
    Exactly for that scenario I have build different mapping sets in Mozaic. I could upload a sample/template later this day to Patchstorage.

I have also configured all my controllers to fixed CCs that I later map to the actual CCs, but in my case mostly for external gear.

That would be nice ! Please let me know if you upload this Mozaic patch… if you have the time !

• @wim said:
    mfxConvert can do this for you without any coding.

Route the Beatstep to mfxConvert and mfxConvert to what you want to control. Engage the Learn button and turn a knob. Now, on the right side tell it what you need the message to be. Repeat for each knob. Save as a preset for future use.

Sadly, I don’t have mfxConvert…

• @rs2000 said:
    @cyril777 You could also change the controller settings using Arturia's MIDI Control Center if that's an option for you.

Yes I could do that but like I wrote on my first post I think it’s not a very handy solution. A Mozaic patch would be much more interesting…

• wimwim
    edited January 2023

@cyril777 said:

@wim said:
    mfxConvert can do this for you without any coding.

Sadly, I don’t have mfxConvert…

It costs like $2.99 or something. It’s worth it.

• @os68ng said:

@rs2000 said:

But:

• MCC does not run on iPad
    • you can only manage one controller mapping
    • when you want to use a second/alternative controller you have to configure that twice or more

Exactly !!

• So, uploaded this here: https://patchstorage.com/controller-template/ (source code link to GitHub also available)

• @os68ng said:
    So, uploaded this here: https://patchstorage.com/controller-template/ (source code link to GitHub also available)

Thank you very much!