Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What It Comes Down 2 - New Lady App-titude Single Is Here

edited January 2023 in Creations

https://ladyapp-titude.bandcamp.com/track/what-it-comes-down-2

FREE to listen as always. Thanks in advance for any purchases/donations through Bandcamp, if you are able. Support really helps to make possible continued original creative content.

Comments

• Great song, im really feeling everything about it, the vocal the lyrics concept, the instrumental and the vibe 🔥🔥🔥

• Beautiful track! I loved the lyrics. The harmony on the bridge was sweet and the brief guitar on the outro was icing on a very professional sounding slice of sonic deliciousness!

• @SLPGroundSoundMusic said:
    Great song, im really feeling everything about it, the vocal the lyrics concept, the instrumental and the vibe 🔥🔥🔥

Thanks! It was the early 90s. After back n forth in the 80s, I had just finally moved to the City permanently.. A period of great creativity and change. Most of the stuff I was writing then was for my heavy metal group, The Outskirts. This was another lane, my attempt to write a pop song.

• @Sawiton said:
    Beautiful track! I loved the lyrics. The harmony on the bridge was sweet and the brief guitar on the outro was icing on a very professional sounding slice of sonic deliciousness!

Thanks! Ha! Yeah, the world's shortest guitar solo. :# B) Get in, get out.

• Really sweet production, genuine soul, thanks for producing and sharing!

• @Kewe_Esse said:
    Really sweet production, genuine soul, thanks for producing and sharing!

Thanks so much!

• Here it is on Youtube:

• Really pro sound! Another great one, @Lady_App_titude.

• edited January 2023

Love it. Reminds me a little of a very upbeat Laura Nyro!
    You have a great voice as well as being an accomplished musician @Lady_App_titude !

• Loved it.

• @NeuM said:
    Really pro sound! Another great one, @Lady_App_titude.

Thanks so much!

• @belldu said:
    Loved it.

Thanks belldu!

• edited January 2023

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    Love it. Reminds me a little of a very upbeat Laura Nyro!
    You have a great voice as well as being an accomplished musician @Lady_App_titude !

Interesting, the second comment I've gotten with the Laura Nyro comparison. I adore Laura Nyro and I'm sure I've been influenced by her in many ways over the years, and I can think of no greater compliment than to be mentioned in the same breath with such genius! That said, I could mention several other influences on this tune, but Nyro was not one of them for me on this tune, at least not consciously.

Ha! At least nobody has said my singing sounds like a vocoder this time! :s :p

• Great track, loved the harmony on harmony, tremendous voice !

• Finally got a chance to listen. Your voice sounds awesome! Love this song. 🙂 Maybe we can collab someday on a track with your voice on one of my Lofi beats.

Or maybe a "Lady Apptitude Vocal Soundpack Vol 1". I'd buy that for sure!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Finally got a chance to listen. Your voice sounds awesome! Love this song. 🙂 Maybe we can collab someday on a track with your voice on one of my Lofi beats.

Oh my no. I am no singer! But thanks for your kind comments.

• @GeoTony said:
    Great track, loved the harmony on harmony, tremendous voice !

Thanks so much, GeoTony!

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Finally got a chance to listen. Your voice sounds awesome! Love this song. 🙂 Maybe we can collab someday on a track with your voice on one of my Lofi beats.

Of course. Well in a way, I'm a decent enough singer (serviceable, but nowhere near the level of, say, Freddie Mercury), but I use heavy unapologetic autotune on my voice anyways. 😂 Not for pitch correction but simply as an electronic effect. LOL!

• edited January 2023

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Of course. Well in a way, I'm a decent enough singer (serviceable, but nowhere near the level of, say, Freddie Mercury), but I use heavy unapologetic autotune on my voice anyways. 😂 Not for pitch correction but simply as an electronic effect. LOL!

Wow, you know what... You just reminded me.. Several years ago... Checking now... Looks like 2015... I had this crazy a cappella project idea. I spent several months sampling my voice, creating Kontakt instruments out of Ooos and Ahs, etc., including instruments based on vocal samples that emulated bass, organ, pianos, clav... I even have a beat box drum kit made up of my voice!

I long ago abandoned the project, but maybe I should dig that stuff out and revisit it!

• Such a good mix on this one. Very crisp and punchy.

• edited January 2023

Glad this got bumped, reminded me to buy it :-). Trust that funds will go a small way towards more apps or synths :-)

... and I discovered you don't need to signup for Bandcamp to support artists, although you can't download to an iOS device apparently without the Bandcamp app.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Wow, you know what... You just reminded me.. Several years ago... Checking now... Looks like 2015... I had this crazy a cappella project idea. I spent several months sampling my voice, creating Kontakt instruments out of Ooos and Ahs, etc., including instruments based on vocal samples that emulated bass, organ, pianos, clav... I even have a beat box drum kit made up of my voice!

I long ago abandoned the project, but maybe I should dig that stuff out and revisit it!

That sounds awesome! :) I'm glad that you were reminded of an older project. 2015 was 8 years ago so I know you'll be definitely coming at this with a fresh take on it and new creative ideas.

• Love your tunes. I'm feeling more Ricki Lee Jones that Laura Nyro -- But totally original. Are you playing the guitar?

• edited January 2023

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

That sounds awesome! :) I'm glad that you were reminded of an older project. 2015 was 8 years ago so I know you'll be definitely coming at this with a fresh take on it and new creative ideas.

Yes, I was just listening to some of that stuff last night. Still have all my custom Kontakt instruments in my library. It all sounds very cheesy and 80s. I was inspired by the 1985 Todd Rundgren album A Cappella, where he created an entire album using just his voice, aided by an Emulator sampler, one of the first time samplers could have made such a thing possible. It was way ahead of the curve, and quite revolutionary in its day, and would still be incredibly difficult -- I found out! -- using today's technology. I thought I would try to create just one track using only the sounds of my voice. I spent months just laying the groundwork, sampling every note I could sing from high to low, and pitch stretching beyond that, with various phonemes, and trying to imitate various instrument sounds, drums, etc. I was just in WAY over my head. Just one example... I elected to not sing with vibrato, thinking I would add it later w/ LFO.. It was incredibly hard to hold sustained notes with no variation -- Ha! and also made for an incredibly unnatural sound! :s :D, which only began to dawn on me hundreds of hours into the project! I learned a lot, and would do a lot of things differently if I attempted it again. Still, it might be fun to revisit the project and see if I could create a track using just those (now vintage, at least 8-year-old) instruments. But if I do, I warn you to brace yourself for something cheesy and primitive 80s-sounding. :# :D o:)

• @belldu said:
    Glad this got bumped, reminded me to buy it :-). Trust that funds will go a small way towards more apps or synths :-)

Oh yes, indeed. And property taxes. And heat. And food. And vet bills. (I have two cats that I rescued off the streets as kittens. One became hypothyroid and needed nearly $10k worth of treatment, and the other was recently diagnosed w/ diabetes, which looked like it would mean daily insulin injections, but so far we've been able to keep him in remission with just dietary changes. He can only eat this one kind of food, which is $2/can -- but it's working! Both cats are doing well now. The hypothyroid cat is totally cured!) But yes, I am committed to trying to do music full time at this stage in life, and any financial support really helps! Thanks so much to everybody for your Bandcamp support! Every bit makes a major difference in helping to make continued original content possible.

But of course, synths have to come first. :D

• @McD said:
    Such a good mix on this one. Very crisp and punchy.

Thanks so much, McD! Pretty dense with parts, this one. Definitely took some effort to get everything sitting well in the mix.

• @audiobussy said:
    Love your tunes. I'm feeling more Ricki Lee Jones that Laura Nyro -- But totally original. Are you playing the guitar?

Yes, all parts, including acoustic and electric guitar. In fact, I wrote it on acoustic guitar, I think. I recently unearthed the original cassette demo from the early 90s, which is just me on acoustic guitar and drum machine. I believe I also had a version where I tried it with DX11 and drum machine, but haven't been able to find that tape. My original 90s concept of it would have been synths and drum machines, but for whatever reason it ended up like it is, one of the few things I've done in recent years with no synths.

• Great song! It sounds like a live studio recording. Excellent harmony vocals. Catchy hook that I'll probably hear for days!

• I found this on page 3.

I bought the tune hoping to get more info on the process used to create the end results.
    You never can tell… it might improve the results for someone else.

I do suspect that a lot of tales were made but still less than most of us might need to get something that tight.

Another good vocal here… hope fully because of the feedback on the NOT auto tuned track a couple months back.

• edited January 2023

@McD said:
    I found this on page 3.

I bought the tune hoping to get more info on the process used to create the end results.

First and foremost, thanks so much for your Bandcamp purchase! It really helps a lot!

Happy to discuss any details about the making of/process, etc. It's a pretty simple track, acoustic and electric guitar, bass, drums, Rhodes, strings, lead and BG vox.

I do suspect that a lot of tales [sic presumably "takes"] were made but still less than most of us might need to get something that tight.

For me, the key to getting things tight is a solid drum track at the beginning. I realized over the years that I cannot play accurately to a click. I need something closer to a drummer. So I'll use a basic drum loop instead of a click. I usually start with the drums and build up from there. I'll replace the drum loop with live drums or more fully programmed drums later, but I need something more than a click at the start.

Beyond that, it's mainly about fixing anything that isn't right. This was challenging in the tape era but is so easy nowadays. Just punch in and fix things, or cut something and move it to exactly where it needs to be. I do a lot of micro adjustments like that. You really need to. Ever since the 80s and quantizing and grids, people are accustomed to hearing things in perfect time and anything less really stands out. If you listen to classic 60s/70s tracks with today's ear, the timing is all over the place. But it doesn't matter, because that was the norm, and besides, the music itself was so compelling. But it can be pretty surprising now that we are so accustomed to the grid and bpm. The other side of the coin is that things in the post-80s may be TOO grid-locked. Perfectly fine for dance music and many kinds of things, but for other stuff, you may need it to breathe. Subtle timing variation can be a lost art, and a challenge to work with now that generations have grown up with the grid approach.

But whether it's grid-locked dance music, or something with a freer live-band feel, the main thing is, you don't want to leave any mistakes. Keep working on it for as long as it takes. Don't rationalize in your head "I'm just a hobbyist, this is just an experiment or a demo" ... People don't want to hear that. People have grown up on the perfection of pop radio. Anything else will stand out to today's listener. And since we have infinite takes and tracks and tools, there's no reason not to fix things. All it takes is time. In my view, the world is more attention challenged than ever. If you are going to put something out there for the world's attention, where even a few minutes is competing with 10,000 other options, there is an obligation to make things the most polished you can possibly manage.

Another good vocal here… hope fully because of the feedback on the NOT auto tuned track a couple months back.

Ha! The "NOT auto tuned track" (We Won't Go Back -- title of the song, but also applies to the topic! :D ) was actually a "NOT vocoder track". That was the thing people kept saying, "vocoder." Auto-tune is applied to an actual person singing, but with vocoder a SYNTH is playing the melody and the voice only provides modulation.

But anyway, no feedback has no effect on anything I do (other than it's just interesting to hear people's comments and associations, which are often so wildly different from my own, but other times exactly the same). And I couldn't be influenced by feedback on the previously-released track in this case anyway, because "What It Comes Down 2" was recorded several years before "We Won't Go Back".