Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What’s happened to my iPad?

encenc
edited January 2023 in Hardware

My first generation iPad air, bought new 2014 is playing silly buggers.

cosmetically, having been in a case since day one it looks like new. there are no scratches or blemishes of any kind either to the case or screen ... so, it's been well looked after.

it's on its original battery which lasts acceptable for general web surfing.

it's only recently I've started using it again in a music-making capacity .... as part of my hardware set up, connected through midi as an external sound source... not full on multi app usage within the iPad.

this morning i tried to "reload" some of my music apps from the app store. It will not connect to the app store.
ive tried all the online suggestions to no avail.

over the last few weeks (getting progressively worse) youtube videos are taking ages to load and scrubbing either forward or back is virtually impossible.

few details …

iPad air first generation 2014

ios 12.5.5 (last supported version)

7.57GB free (of 32GB)

internet speed test 150Mbps download 70Mbs upload (from 500 Mbps) always been around this

other wifi based apps like connecting to security cameras are working fine.

accessing pintrest, imjur, twitter ok

I’m aware, as far as apple are concerned it’s obsolete.
But it’s still ok for my requirements … well it would be if I could connect to App Store !??

Comments

• First things first … I’m guessing you’ve tried a hard restart?

• Maybe you missed a security update. My Air One is on 12.5.6 and connects to the store without problems.
    YT videos depend on the encoding used. In some cases the iPad looses track of positions (or doesn’t find the start point), resulting in an endless rotating icon. IOS 12 doesn‘t support all codecs available.

• @craftycurate said:
    First things first … I’m guessing you’ve tried a hard restart?

Yes :)

• @craftycurate said:
    First things first … I’m guessing you’ve tried a hard restart?

Yes :)

• @Telefunky said:
    Maybe you missed a security update. My Air One is on 12.5.6 and connects to the store without problems.
    YT videos depend on the encoding used. In some cases the iPad looses track of positions (or doesn’t find the start point), resulting in an endless rotating icon. IOS 12 doesn‘t support all codecs available.

hmmm... work around ??

• App store (app updates and Purchased downloads) and YouTube scrubbing working fine on my iPad Air, but I am on 12.5.6. Maybe you should give it a try.

• @enc said:

@Telefunky said:
    Maybe you missed a security update. My Air One is on 12.5.6 and connects to the store without problems.

hmmm... work around ??

Quit YT and reload the page from scratch. Refreshing in the title bar doesn‘t do anything.
    You may be able to drag to a certain position (1 attempt), but dragging forward backward usually repeats the lost position error.
    Switch to an alternate version of the video, if available.

• @Telefunky said:

@enc said:

@Telefunky said:

hmmm... work around ??

Quit YT and reload the page from scratch. Refreshing in the title bar doesn‘t do anything.
    You may be able to drag to a certain position (1 attempt), but dragging forward backward usually repeats the lost position error.
    Switch to an alternate version of the video, if available.

makes no difference :(

• encenc
    edited January 2023

im told ill need to do a factory reset.

if this was guaranteed to work id take the chance but im thinking if it doesn't work ill lose all my apps and wont be able to get them back as I won't be able to get on to the app store.

im considering leaving as is and using the ipad as a dedicated music source with the apps that are currently on it.
    There are 91 "music" apps currently, with 16 on the cloud that can't be accessed in the pads current state. realistically the only one im gutted about is cubasis.

For other stuff, i use the iPad for, for im thinking of buying a cheap tablet. cant really justify spending 600 plus on an iPad today.

• I've had the exact same problem connected to the App Store since iOS 16 and the subsequent update. It's a real problem. Only "workaround" I've found is to start up the App Store, wait for it to timeout and then tap the button that will appear in the middle of the screen to "Connect to App Store". It sucks and takes a long time to connect, but this works.