Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Minimum iPad spec for use with expert sleepers eurorack

I’m thinking, and hoping I might get away with dedicating an iPad mini 2 to run mirack, drambo, and a bit of aum with my mini rack setup; it’s able to run 12.x which is just enough for those apps, but is the screen size and cpu up for it as well would be the question.

Does anyone have experience with this/what would be a good minimum spec to get away with for that?

Comments

• I would say get mini 5 if you can.
    I’m still using my mini2 for standalone apps but for multi instrument setup its 2G ram may bring back the good old ram related app crashes... also ES suggests a lot of audio i/o traffic which can be taxing.
    Drambo alone can take it to its knees quite easily...
    That said... for basic things it still great - adding modulation to your hw setup, applying fx to the output etc.
    Also when going back and forth between mini2 and a newer devices (Air3 is my most powerful :D) the difference is huge... mini2 is slow af, which contributes a lot to the overall iPad experience.

• Interesting, my current best is an air 3 and that’s plenty good in most cases for what I need, I’ll bear that in mind with the 2 vs 5 , doesn’t have to be a mini either, just thinking best cost/benefit ratio…

• Regarding its size... it was probably my favourite device overall, but with the apps these days (windowed vs fullscreen) the small screen can be challenging at times... so while it’s nice to have a small but capable device, for music making the size difference is quite noticeable.

• Re minimum spec, I used my iPad Pro 2016 with both ES-8 and ES-9 until about a year ago when I upgraded to 2020 Pro. So, any recent iPad will be fine.

• Definitely feeling like my plan of <50 notes isn’t gonna pan out 😅