Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bug Report for Complaint System: iPhone/iPad Volume Control Hijacking; CCK Reconnection Issue

These problems seem to have been reported on the forum, but perhaps not enough information provided to solve the problem. I have both an iPhone and iPad and have seen the same volume highjacking on both. Only the iPhone also needs to be reconnect to the Camera Connection Kit each time Audiobus is used.

iPhone 7 Plus
Model MN5X2LL/A
iOS 15.7.2
Audiobus Version 178

iPhone ISSUE 1: NO SOUND WITHOUT RECONNECTING CAMERA CONNECTION KIT (CCK)

• No apps are running on the iPhone.
  • With Midi Keyboard and all hardware connected, I launch Audiobus, then:
  • MIDI Tab
  • Input Cell: Add Midi Keyboard
  • Output Cell: MIDI Strummer AUv3 Plugin

Result:
No sound coming from external sound monitors

Action:
Remove (disconnect) the Camera Connect Kit (CCK) connection to iPhone, replug it back in.
Wait a few seconds, touch keys on MIDI keyboard and I hear sound coming from external sound monitors.

iPhone ISSUE 2: iPHONE VOLUME CONTROL HIJACKING
* No apps are running on the iPhone.
* Same Audiobus setup as above.

Result (even when CCK reconnected and output sound working):
iPhone volume control does not work/its meter icon does not appear floating over Audiobus.

And yes, I have rebooted the iPhone, removed ghost apps per forum recommendation, etc.

Experiment:
With Audiobus running, I opened the Apple Podcast app.
Volume control remains hijacked.
Sound output not heard.

Issues iPad Pro 12.9-inch
Model MHNH3LL/A
iOS 16.1.1
Audiobus Version 16.1.1

iPad ISSUE 1: IPAD VOLUME CONTROL HIGHJACKING

Loaded Audiobus as above with MIDI Strummer AUv3 Plugin
(unlike iPhone issue, I was able to hear sound via external sound monitors)
iPad volume control does not work/its meter icon does not appear floating over Audiobus.
Adjusting physical volume buttons on iPad has no effect on the sound output from the StrummerFX (MIDI.

Experiment:
With Audiobus running, I opened the Apple Podcast app.
iPad Volume control remains hijacked.
Podcast app volume slider does nothing.
But I could hear podcast at a fixed volume.

Thank you for your great software.
Dean

Comments

• Are you using any external audio interfaces?
    The volume control is only 'hijacked' by the system when a connected audio device doesn't support software volume control.