Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moonshadow, Cat Stevens 1970

"Moonshadow" is a song written and performed by Cat Stevens (known since 1978 as Yusuf Islam), first released as a single in the UK in 1970 on the Island label and in the US in 1971 on the A&M label. It also appears on Stevens' 1971 album Teaser and the Firecat.

Shadows of darkness and fear better not follow us in 2023!!!
Dedicated to all peoples reaching out for hope and brighter tomorrow!!!
Love conquers all, choose love always!!!

Comments

  • Your voice is similar to Cat Stevens, wow, incredible job.

  • Now this is my era and I bought the LP when it came out… great job @ReneAsologuitar 🙏

  • Very nice. I love the Cat. I like the personal touch you gave it.

  • Another great performance, great job. 👏

  • Like @Montreal_Music I think your voice is very similar to Cat Stevens (also reminds me of Labi Siffre too!) and suits this song very well. Like the faster tempo compared to the original.

  • @Montreal_Music said:
    Your voice is similar to Cat Stevens, wow, incredible job.

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    You are so kind, @Montreal_Music !
    This is a huge compliment, and I am so grateful!!!
    Cat Stevens has definitely found and formed a big part of my musical journey.
    Thank you so much!!!
    Rene

  • Wonderful. Now on to Richie Havens!

  • Genius! Absolutely nailed it. Your voice is sublime and is in Cat Stevens’ league. I loved this @ReneAsologuitar

  • Lovely. Keep that vibe coming!

  • Nailed it! Love the energy in your rendition. I knew you would do a great job with Cat Stevens / Yusuf Islam. Great cover, great performance!

  • i don't know who is Cat Stevens and never heard the original song before but you made this sound great and enjoyable

  • @GeoTony said:
    Now this is my era and I bought the LP when it came out… great job @ReneAsologuitar 🙏

    +++++++++++++++++
    Hi @GeoTony ,
    Love to hear that we are in the same era, although I was not able to afford the album at the time.
    You are so awesome, and so appreciated, Tony!!!
    Blessings,
    Rene

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    @Ailerom said:
    Very nice. I love the Cat. I like the personal touch you gave it.

    +++++++++++++++++
    Hi @Ailerom ,
    I grew up with Cat's musical genius, and loved his music!!!
    I cannot compete with Cat, so I had to make it my own to stay away from his lane, hahahaha!
    Thank you for the huge compliment!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    @richardyot said:
    Another great performance, great job. 👏

    +++++++++++++++++
    Hi @richardyot ,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful comments.
    Coming from you, this is a gift, and one that I am so grateful.
    You are very generous, and your musicality is so appreciated.
    Stay safe and keep healthy!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

  • great job as always, wonderful production, singing and guitar. Great match to the original tone.

    Morning has Broken is the next one - with Rick Wakeman guest starring on Piano :)

  • Brings back some great memories. Very well done. Thanks for playing this one!

  • edited January 5

    One of my favourite songs, impecabbly delivered, thank you, @ReneAsologuitar !

    Though my favourite of his, and one of my favourites of all time, was his debut, Mathew & Son, delivered here in pre Yusuf Islam, full Austin Powers mode:

    A song from my childhood, (1967, I was 5, loved it as soon as I heard it- weird kid!) but as relevant as it ever was in these un-unionised, gig economy times…

    “No one asks for more money cuz nobody dares
    Even though they're pretty low and their rent's in arrears…”

    And what a fantastic arrangement, strings, brass, kick-ass drums…

  • Fantastic performance. Immediately triggered the fondest of memories of being young. My freshman year roomate had this album and played it all the time. Never got tired of it. Thanks for sharing this.

  • @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Like @Montreal_Music I think your voice is very similar to Cat Stevens (also reminds me of Labi Siffre too!) and suits this song very well. Like the faster tempo compared to the original.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @AlterEgo_UK ,
    Always great to hear from you, and really love the Cat and Labi mentions!!!
    Thank you for the huge compliments.
    You are so loved and appreciated.
    Happy New Year!
    Rene

  • I’m rediscovering Cat Stevens lately. So good timing for me.
    Great cover. Your vocal suits that style.
    If you take requests: anything from Tea for the Tillerman.

  • @Svetlovska said:
    One of my favourite songs, impecabbly delivered, thank you, @ReneAsologuitar !

    Though my favourite of his, and one of my favourites of all time, was his debut, Mathew & Son, delivered here in pre Yusuf Islam, full Austin Powers mode:

    A song from my childhood, (1967, I was 5, loved it as soon as I heard it- weird kid!) but as relevant as it ever was in these un-unionised, gig economy times…

    “No one asks for more money cuz nobody dares
    Even though they're pretty low and their rent's in arrears…”

    And what a fantastic arrangement, strings, brass, kick-ass drums…

    This is priceless. I wouldn’t recognize him, and the dancers! My imagination or is anyone really enjoying themselves?

  • edited January 6

    @Ben : The audience look like there are armed guards just out of shot preparing to fire. I also like the way it starts with him like the only groover in the crowd, until his fist pumps identify him as the performer. And the dancers. Not at all self conscious…. A very odd, artificial set up all round. I love it! :)

  • @BillS said:
    Genius! Absolutely nailed it. Your voice is sublime and is in Cat Stevens’ league. I loved this @ReneAsologuitar

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @BillS ,
    Love your comments, very humbling and so inspiring!!!
    You are so awesome and so appreciated!!!
    Thank you so much,
    Respectfully,
    Rene


    @Kewe_Esse said:
    Lovely. Keep that vibe coming!

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @Kewe_Esse ,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback!
    Love 'em.
    Warm regards.
    With love and respect,
    Rene

  • @LinearLineman said:
    Wonderful. Now on to Richie Havens!

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Now this is going to be a jam!!!
    I am threading some very sacred territory here, and I am going to follow your lead, and try to find a way to wiggle some Richie Havens groove in.
    Thank you, as always, Mike!!!
    Rene

  • @MadeofWax said:
    Nailed it! Love the energy in your rendition. I knew you would do a great job with Cat Stevens / Yusuf Islam. Great cover, great performance!

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @MadeofWax ,
    Love your solid support, and thank you for the wonderful comments.
    Thanks for the Cat Stevens push, what a true artist, and such wonderful work.
    Love your compliments!!!
    Happy New Year!!!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

  • @SLPGroundSoundMusic said:
    i don't know who is Cat Stevens and never heard the original song before but you made this sound great and enjoyable

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @SLPGroundSoundMusic ,
    Wow, I am surprised that you are not familiar with Cat Stevens.
    You must be much younger that I am.
    The songs of the 70's are my teens, and the crowd of Cat Stevens, and James Taylor, and Neil Young kinda covered my musical exposure. Groups like the Eagles, Bee Gees, CSNY, America, Bread, and company are my musical heroes.
    I am so glad to have delivered the musical genius of Cat Stevens to your musical ear!!!
    Thank you for your wonderful comments!!!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

  • @matdun25848834 said:
    great job as always, wonderful production, singing and guitar. Great match to the original tone.
    Morning has Broken is the next one - with Rick Wakeman guest starring on Piano :)

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @matdun25848834 ,
    Morning Has Broken is a true classic!!!
    Thank you for your beautiful comments.
    You are so appreciated, my friend!!!
    Your support and love is always loved!!!
    With respect,
    Rene

  • @Paulieworld said:
    Brings back some great memories. Very well done. Thanks for playing this one!

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    Hi @Paulieworld ,
    This song can definitely deliver the "goods", and so lovely memories pop up.
    Your solid support and love are so appreciated, my friend!!!
    Pls stay safe and keep healthy!
    Wishing you the best for 2023!
    Warm regards,
    Rene

  • @boomer said:
    Fantastic performance. Immediately triggered the fondest of memories of being young. My freshman year roomate had this album and played it all the time. Never got tired of it. Thanks for sharing this.

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi @boomer ,
    Truly lovely classics in this album!
    I also never get tired with his music!!!
    Cat Stevens is a true artist and I love his work!!!
    You are so appreciated, @boomer, and your responses are so loved!!!
    With respect and gratitude,
    Rene

Sign In or Register to comment.