Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Behringer U-Control UCA222 USB Audio Interface

If anyone is looking for a cheap audio interface for your iPad, you really can't beat this deal.

$10 shipped!

You need the "Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter" but it will run off the iPad bus power:

Behringer U-Control UCA222 USB Audio Interface

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UCA222--behringer-u-control-uca222-usb-audio-interface

Comments

• Only a good deal if you can live with bad audio quality. I own one but I don't use it anymore.

• Everybody seems to love lo-if these days, so yeah, great deal.

• edited January 2023

I've had a UCA202 for years and I think it's adequate. 16-bit DAC, 48kHz. UCA222 has optical output.

• @CracklePot said:
    Everybody seems to love lo-if these days, so yeah, great deal.

LOL :smiley:

• @rs2000 said:
    Only a good deal if you can live with bad audio quality. I own one but I don't use it anymore.

Why do you think it has bad audio quality? I actually use one sometimes when I want to drive my 400ohm Beyerdynamic DT100’s

• edited January 2023

@BroCoast said:

@rs2000 said:
    Only a good deal if you can live with bad audio quality. I own one but I don't use it anymore.

Why do you think it has bad audio quality? I actually use one sometimes when I want to drive my 400ohm Beyerdynamic DT100’s

I've used it to record stereo audio and after hearing the result I wondered what was wrong. Swapped it by a Zoom H1 and the difference was shocking, the Zoom was so much better.
    It might work OK when only using it for playback, dunno...
    Would you say that it's better than the iPad's own headphones output for driving the 400 Ohms headphones?

• edited January 2023

@rs2000 said:

@BroCoast said:

@rs2000 said:

I've used it to record stereo audio and after hearing the result I wondered what was wrong. Swapped it by a Zoom H1 and the difference was shocking, the Zoom was so much better.
    Would you say that it's better than the iPad's own headphones output for driving the 400 Ohms headphones?

It’s good, you can’t really drive 400 Ohms with the iPad so it works well for that purpose.

I have used the 202 before as an input device and it’s been fine, clean as any other audio interface when used with -10db gear like a Tascam mixer. I think their quality control is pretty bad on these though so you may have one that has something wrong with the input. I had one that made a high pitch whining noise when used as an ADC.

• @BroCoast said:

@rs2000 said:

@BroCoast said:

@rs2000 said:

It’s good, you can’t really drive 400 Ohms with the iPad so it works well for that purpose.

I have used the 202 before as an input device and it’s been fine, clean as any other audio interface when used with -10db gear like a Tascam mixer. I think their quality control is pretty bad on these though so you may have one that has something wrong with the input. I had one that made a high pitch whining noise when used as an ADC.

Interesting, thanks. QC (or lack thereof) might have been the case indeed with mine.

• I use mine as a the main soundcard with a midi controller to play keys at church. Everyone is amazed at the sound quality!