Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can Audiobus synchronize recording app with source playback?

edited March 2013 in General App Discussion

Hi Audiobus Team,

The audiobus way is a great way to create music, however there is a missing feature which will make it even better.
First the problem:
Today when you want to record a source app into a DAW you need to perform two tasks.
First press record in the DAW (or record + play in Auria) and then play in the source app.
This cause a delay between the start of the recording and the actual sound, which we need to trim and reposition on each recording.

The suggestion:
A mechanism which presses play & record on both apps simultaneously, or at least signal both apps to perform play & record together.

My example is for Music Studio, which plays Bismark bs 16i into Auria.

Thanks a lot,
Shay

Comments

• Hi Shay,

Yeah, we know about this and we might have a solution for this eventually.

• Thank you Sebastian.

It will be much appreciated.

• I usually have a blank bar at the start to give time to press Rec and then start playing, but it woukd be a good idea to have the option you are suggesting too.