Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New toy - Syntakt - 2 mini jams

edited December 2022 in Hardware

My beloved wife was very nice this christmass to me and pleasured me with new toy :-)) Here are first two quick test tracks, nothing sophistixated, more like exploring sound posibilities .. i’m extremely excited, definitely most powerfull box from all my elektron toys (illustration photo bellow, i know i’m sick and i need help 🤣🤣🤣)

psytrance

melodic techno

all my toys together ♥️ - how much elektron boxes is enough elektron boxes ?? 😂

Comments

• Great tracks Dendy. That’s what I call a present!

And no amount of boxes will ever be enough, obviously.

• @AtticusL said:
    Great tracks Dendy.

thanks ;)

And no amount of boxes will ever be enough, obviously.

i'm afraid you are true :lol:

• I got slippers and some shaving accessories :D

... but last year I got a NI Komplete M32 keyboard.

But the best present is when my wife lets me be, and doesn't ask uncomfortable questions like "How much was this box ?" :D

• @dendy said:
    My beloved wife was very nice this christmass to me and pleasured me with new toy :-)) Here are first two quick test tracks, nothing sophistixated, more like exploring sound posibilities .. i’m extremely excited, definitely most powerfull box from all my elektron toys (illustration photo bellow, i know i’m sick and i need help 🤣🤣🤣)

psytrance

melodic techno

all my toys together ♥️ - how much elektron boxes is enough elektron boxes ?? 😂

Lacking an Octatrack.

• I knew it would happen sooner or later. Congrats to your new toy!

• @dendy great stuff man! I’ve been on vacation away from my syntakt and I am missing her 😢

I think an analog 4 is on the horizon for me 😃

• @drez said:
    @dendy great stuff man! I’ve been on vacation away from my syntakt and I am missing her 😢

I think an analog 4 is on the horizon for me 😃

Do it when there will be opportunity.. i was surprised how deep modulation posibilities it has, it’s actually pretty powerfull synth wirh some clever architecture details

• @mistercharlie
    Lacking an Octatrack.

i am very aware of this 🤣

• some cool toys just to play and have some fun with, but at the end of the day having just an iphone with some great daws and with a collections of auv3 instruments and fx, you can have a complete true mobile professional work station, with unlimited possibilities , plus you can always have it with you anywhere you go with out being stuck in a room, and it’s always ready for when that inspiration and motivation strikes which means you can always catch an idea and transform the idea completely right there in the spot without the need of having to import it to a computer because it’s possible to accomplish the full finish project with just an iphone, well thats my type of fun ! 🙂

• @dendy said:

@mistercharlie
    Lacking an Octatrack.

I bet you're a fan of great usability without headaches 😁

• @SLPGroundSoundMusic said:
    some cool toys just to play and have some fun with, but at the end of the day having just an iphone with some great daws and with a collections of auv3 instruments and fx, you can have a complete true mobile professional work station, with unlimited possibilities , plus you can always have it with you anywhere you go with out being stuck in a room, and it’s always ready for when that inspiration and motivation strikes which means you can always catch an idea and transform the idea completely right there in the spot without the need of having to import it to a computer because it’s possible to accomplish the full finish project with just an iphone, well thats my type of fun ! 🙂

Tl;dr - "yeah, but I like other things" 🤷

• edited January 2023

@SLPGroundSoundMusic said:
    some cool toys just to play and have some fun with, but at the end of the day having just an iphone with some great daws and with a collections of auv3 instruments and fx, you can have a complete true mobile professional work station, with unlimited possibilities , plus you can always have it with you anywhere you go with out being stuck in a room, and it’s always ready for when that inspiration and motivation strikes which means you can always catch an idea and transform the idea completely right there in the spot without the need of having to import it to a computer because it’s possible to accomplish the full finish project with just an iphone, well thats my type of fun ! 🙂

bro i spend 2010 - 2021 with ONLY iphone/ipad regarding all my productions so i know what you're talking about .. now i have phase when i enjoy hw more, which totally doesn't mean i will not return to iPad at some point for some undefined timeframe before i again switch back to HW :))) i don't limit myself on anything, just use what i enjoy in given time frame ..

i will most probably NEVER switch back to desktop, tried it recently but it was not fun, after i while i rejected this path like forever, there is no way back to desktop DAWs for me (spent probably 1998 - 2010 in that realm)

• edited January 2023

@rs2000 said:

@dendy said:

@mistercharlie
    Lacking an Octatrack.

I bet you're a fan of great usability without headaches 😁

i'm not afraid of complexity .. i'm looking on octa like on performance mixer / fx (something like EZBot uses it for) .. but for now i don't feel i'm missing that part in my live set so my GAS level is low :))

• edited January 2023

If I were to buy an elektron device it would be digitone or syntakt or both…muhuahahaha
    Nice track @dendy

• edited January 2023

@MrSmileZ said:
    If I were to buy an elektron device it would be digitone or syntakt or both…muhuahahaha
    Nice track @dendy

thanks ;)

Yeah Digitone+Syntakt is deadly combo … Tone provides polyphonic pads and leads, Syn provides rest + analog touch (drive on analog master fx does magic)

• @dendy rewatched these after using the syntakt for awhile (I was confused before and forgot these were on your Christmas gift lol) and I appreciate them more. I’m still working on my brain doing what I want in real-time as a “performance”. I’m still not switching where I want to go fast enough. It’s not the syntakts fault, it’s mine. But I’m getting better and I can stay in the flow longer. Real life has been in the way, but hopefully work slows down a bit, but work has also been fun in its own way so it’s been fulfilling. Hopefully this weekend I get more syntakt time.

I’ve been working on an NS2 song since 2021 and I think it’s almost done 😂

• edited January 2023

@drez said:
    @dendy rewatched these after using the syntakt for awhile (I was confused before and forgot these were on your Christmas gift lol) and I appreciate them more. I’m still working on my brain doing what I want in real-time as a “performance”. I’m still not switching where I want to go fast enough. It’s not the syntakts fault, it’s mine. But I’m getting better and I can stay in the flow longer. Real life has been in the way, but hopefully work slows down a bit, but work has also been fun in its own way so it’s been fulfilling. Hopefully this weekend I get more syntakt time.

cool ... live performance is just about training .. learn properly muscle memory .. btw. some of mi videos took problably 20 - 30 takes (and lot of swearing) until i recorded it without significant mistakes :-D But still it's lot of fun.

Ragarding elektron live performance skill, watch this guy, he is absolute Ninja kung-fu manster, it's incredible to watch his hands live. https://www.youtube.com/@IvarTryti

:-D i know this .. i have probably 25 unfinished songs, with length from 1 min do 4 minutes, most of them i started in 2020-21 :-D .. don't think i ever finish them , every time i have some free time for music i end with Elektrons, resistance is futile.

• Very nice! The Syntakt is my favorite Elektron box. I've already released 2 EPs, 1 with all 3 Digi boxes and a MM2, 1 of 100% Syntakt (and the project file comes with the release), and another Syntakt EP coming in 2 weeks. On top of that, I dropped a 256 sound preset pack a few months ago.

To say it's been inspirational is an understatement. Haha.

Here's a download of a few sounds from the soundpack for you to load into your machine, if you want!

• edited January 2023

@slicetwo do you have youtube, bancamp or something where you have your music ?

• @dendy said:

@drez said:
    @dendy rewatched these after using the syntakt for awhile (I was confused before and forgot these were on your Christmas gift lol) and I appreciate them more. I’m still working on my brain doing what I want in real-time as a “performance”. I’m still not switching where I want to go fast enough. It’s not the syntakts fault, it’s mine. But I’m getting better and I can stay in the flow longer. Real life has been in the way, but hopefully work slows down a bit, but work has also been fun in its own way so it’s been fulfilling. Hopefully this weekend I get more syntakt time.

cool ... live performance is just about training .. learn properly muscle memory .. btw. some of mi videos took problably 20 - 30 takes (and lot of swearing) until i recorded it without significant mistakes :-D But still it's lot of fun.

Ragarding elektron live performance skill, watch this guy, he is absolute Ninja kung-fu manster, it's incredible to watch his hands live. https://www.youtube.com/@IvarTryti

Yeah I’m a Patreon for Ivar!! He is a master and really nice guy on his discord. After watching his vids can’t decide on A4 or Digitakt next.

:-D i know this .. i have probably 25 unfinished songs, with length from 1 min do 4 minutes, most of them i started in 2020-21 :-D .. don't think i ever finish them , every time i have some free time for music i end with Elektrons, resistance is futile.

I committed to only working on this NS2 song on my iPhone when I’m waiting in line for something. Then I stop when I’m done. It’s taken many months to get it anywhere but it’s a fun mental excercise 😂

• @dendy said:

Oooooh yes.

ZELIKOVICH.NET has links to everything. Enjoy!

• edited January 2023

oh yesterday finally catched virus so here today quick new jam to test sound compatibility with syntakt.. i think they play together pretty well :-) (tracks 1-4 sending midi do virus in multimode, tracks 9-12 drums, track 8 bass)

@slicetwo said:

@dendy said:

Oooooh yes.

ZELIKOVICH.NET has links to everything. Enjoy!

will listen, thanks!

@drez
    After watching his vids can’t decide on A4 or Digitakt next.

i have A4 (mk1) but my relationship with it is complicated... it's great sounding analog synth and i love it when i use it as only-one groovebox without other boxes - but when i try connect it together with other boxes (takt, tone) i find little differences in A4 sequencer workflow when compared to Takt/Tone workflow annoying and distracting .. for example on A4 you need take a care about kits, which you don't need on Takt/Tone - you directly save all soinds with pattern .- this is not the case on A4, you need to save separately pattern and separately kit, and ... A4 is a bit more complicated and those small differences in workflow makes me still reconsidering if it stay... Plus especially with 4 analog tracks on Syntakt i feel like i don't need it in Digitakt/Digitone/Syntakt trio.

I would suggest Digitakt .. especially with single cycle waveformy it can be used and powerfull synth too and it's 8 midi channels for comtrolling other hw synths is very cool too

• @dendy said:
    oh yesterday finally catched virus so here today quick new jam to test sound compatibility with syntakt.. i think they play together pretty well :-) (tracks 1-4 sending midi do virus in multimode, tracks 9-12 drums, track 8 bass)

That sounds sick! Those stabs sound perfect with the syntakt.

@drez
    After watching his vids can’t decide on A4 or Digitakt next.

i have A4 (mk1) but my relationship with it is complicated... it's great sounding analog synth and i love it when i use it as only-one groovebox without other boxes - but when i try connect it together with other boxes (takt, tone) i find little differences in A4 sequencer workflow when compared to Takt/Tone workflow annoying and distracting .. for example on A4 you need take a care about kits, which you don't need on Takt/Tone - you directly save all soinds with pattern .- this is not the case on A4, you need to save separately pattern and separately kit, and ... A4 is a bit more complicated and those small differences in workflow makes me still reconsidering if it stay... Plus especially with 4 analog tracks on Syntakt i feel like i don't need it in Digitakt/Digitone/Syntakt trio.

I would suggest Digitakt .. especially with single cycle waveformy it can be used and powerfull synth too and it's 8 midi channels for comtrolling other hw synths is very cool too

Yeah, I'm leaning this way as well. Good advice, thank you! 🙏🏼

• @dendy If I DID purchase a digitakt, have you hooked up an iPad/iPhone to it over usb as an interface that you can use the iOS device as a sample source to the digitakt?

• edited January 2023

@dendy If I DID purchase a digitakt, have you hooked up an iPad/iPhone to it over usb as an interface that you can use the iOS device as a sample source to the digitakt?

yeah you definitely can .. you can even send MIDI from Digitakt into iPad app and then sample audio back to Digitakt during playback ;) Also any model from Digitakt/Digitone/Syntakt serie works like full audio/midi class compliant interface when connected to iOS device

• @dendy said:

@dendy If I DID purchase a digitakt, have you hooked up an iPad/iPhone to it over usb as an interface that you can use the iOS device as a sample source to the digitakt?

yeah you definitely can .. you can even send MIDI from Digitakt into iPad app and then sample audio back to Digitakt during playback ;) Also any model from Digitakt/Digitone/Syntakt serie works like full audio/midi class compliant interface when connected to iOS device

Excellent! My Digitakt should arrive tomorrow :)

• edited January 2023

@dendy that melodic techno track is superb. Amazing what you acomplish with just with the filters. Very skilled Elektronish indeed!.
    @drez you’re gonna love the Digitakt. Works great with the iPad. I only wish it could expose the audio inputs to iOS., then I’d be a proper full audio interface. I don’t know why it doesn’t…

• @tahiche said:
    @dendy that melodic techno track is superb.

thanks :) retrospectively, i think i completely fucked up sound (too much bass) but i'm too lazy to re-record it again :lol:

• .> @dendy said:

@tahiche said:
    @dendy that melodic techno track is superb.

thanks :) retrospectively, i think i completely fucked up sound (too much bass) but i'm too lazy to re-record it again :lol:

There's no such thing as too much bass in Techno.

• @tahiche said:
    @dendy that melodic techno track is superb. Amazing what you acomplish with just with the filters. Very skilled Elektronish indeed!.
    @drez you’re gonna love the Digitakt. Works great with the iPad. I only wish it could expose the audio inputs to iOS., then I’d be a proper full audio interface. I don’t know why it doesn’t…

Of course you can sample from Digitakt audio input into iOS app .. you just need on ipad enable in external mixer page (press multipl times FN+LFO to get there) option where digitakt passes audio from input into it’s outut - then you can sample digi in into ios